Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 05:07 PM

348 posts, read 496,881 times

Advertisements

While viewing some postings on this site, there seems to be a fair amount of Steeler fans in the Greenville area. This is my perception. Where are the Steeler Bars in the Greenville/Simpsonville area? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 05:45 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,467,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuguy2 View Post
While viewing some postings on this site, there seems to be a fair amount of Steeler fans in the Greenville area. This is my perception. Where are the Steeler Bars in the Greenville/Simpsonville area? Thanks.
There are a LOT of Steelers fans in Greenville. I am not sure which bars tend to be the usual gathering places for games, but I am confident there are at least two or three.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:53 PM

915 posts, read 2,423,099 times
I'm one of the Greenville residents who sport black and gold practically every Sunday from September through January (unless I have to meet with clients of course).

Previous poster is right, there are a ton of Steeler fans in the Greenville area. Two years ago, Bailey's on Laurens Road was definitely the place to be, and then last October, Quaker Steak & Lube opened next to the Harley dealer. Now the crowd is split between the two. You'd be good to go at either one.

Sorry, I couldn't find any pics of a Steelers crowd at Bailey's, but here's one of Quaker Steak (and a ton more here: http://quakersteak.com/Greenville_SC...egory.cfm?id=6):

I would easily estimate that either bar easily pulls a Steeler crowd of about 50 for any game, and closer to 75/100 if the game isn't televised in the area.

You should have seen Bailey's for the AFC championship leading to Super Bowl XL. It was crazy.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:14 AM

5,590 posts, read 15,371,404 times
Although I am not a big fan of Dixie's Tavern in downtown, they have boasted about being a Steelers bar in the past. Being a Steelers fan myself (a family tradition), I would definitely listen to ckeegan's advice and try either Bailey's Sports Bar on Laurens Road or Quaker Steak & Lube on Chrome Drive. Hopefully we will get other local places like Indigo Joe's and Sharkey's Pub to really support the team in the near future.

Old 06-08-2009, 05:50 AM

10 posts, read 28,879 times
This is great to know. I live with a die-hard Steeler originally from 'burgh. The plans are to be moved there around Oct. 1st so we'll be seeing everyone. We'll try both places.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
Although I am not a big fan of Dixie's Tavern in downtown, they have boasted about being a Steelers bar in the past. Being a Steelers fan myself (a family tradition), I would definitely listen to ckeegan's advice and try either Bailey's Sports Bar on Laurens Road or Quaker Steak & Lube on Chrome Drive. Hopefully we will get other local places like Indigo Joe's and Sharkey's Pub to really support the team in the near future.
Actually, Dixie's does claim to be a Steeler bar, but I never gave it a shot. Indigo Joe's does have a few Terrible Towels above the bar, but I'd be amazed if they pulled the Steeler crowd of Bailey's or Quaker Steak. Now Sharkey's is a different story. One of the owners is from Eastern PA, so I see more green and white, than I do black and gold.

I moved here from the 'burgh in 2002.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:14 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,839,501 times
I always head for quaker steak and lube(steeler fan here, grew up in penn hills), BIG steeler fan base, somewhere I have a picture of a car painted arizona colors that they smashed and flipped during and after the superbowl, anyway, its a great restaurant and bar and a big steeler hangout!

Old 06-08-2009, 07:00 PM

Can't go wrong with QSL, obviously, considering they have one at Heinz Field and PNC Park. I always go to the one in Oakland during my yearly (sometimes twice yearly) trips back to Pittsburgh. My wife will tell you I almost drove off the road when we were taking the back way home, and I saw the "coming soon" sign for Quaker Steak.

I can tell you that it's almost impossible to go anywhere in Greenville without seeing a Steeler logo on a hat, car magnet, etc. Regardless of the time of year.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:18 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,839,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post
Can't go wrong with QSL, obviously, considering they have one at Heinz Field and PNC Park. I always go to the one in Oakland during my yearly (sometimes twice yearly) trips back to Pittsburgh. My wife will tell you I almost drove off the road when we were taking the back way home, and I saw the "coming soon" sign for Quaker Steak.

I can tell you that it's almost impossible to go anywhere in Greenville without seeing a Steeler logo on a hat, car magnet, etc. Regardless of the time of year.
you will see my terrible towel proudly displayed in the back window of my car on the off season(obviously during the season its usually on my shoulder or somewhere in my living room,

Old 06-15-2009, 06:46 PM

520 posts, read 781,553 times
Quaker Steak & Lube makes sense - straight outta Sharon, PA!! Nice to know where I'll be able to get a touch of home when I relocate to Clemson.

Now to find a Penn State bar . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area