Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2009, 10:38 PM

10 posts, read 27,688 times

Advertisements

I just returned from my visit to Greenville, Mauldin, Taylors & Greer. What a trip!!! Not including the plane flight there or the flight back to RI, I loved everything. Except for constantly getting lost. I should have rented a GPS from Avis but did not know I could.

Greenville & the surrounding areas are incredible. So clean, friendly, sunny, hot, dry love it all. I have fibromyalgia and am in extreme pain 24/7 and being in RI with all the rain we have been having has put be in a very bad mood. The pain has been intense most of the time and I was having a difficult time dealing with it.

The time I spent in Greenville and the surrounding area I had hardly any pain and getting lost usually causes me a lot of stress. I was stressed but the pain did not get worse and by the end of day 2 I was walking more than what I have walked in 6 years. By the time I had to return to RI, I was thinking that I could probably go back to work if my pain level was this good.

But alas, after being back for two days I am only thinking of getting out of bed and dragging myself to the bathroom. The pain is back with a vengence. So, for the chance to have a better life I have decided that I will move to the Greenville area. I have found two appartment complexes that looked good and the price was even better. They both accepted all three pets.

Does anyone know if these complexes are safe, drugs or have low crime? They are "The Chimney's Apartments on Old Spartanburg Rd., in Taylors" or "Highland Ridge Apartments on Rutherford Rd., in Taylors"? Anything you might like or dislike about those apartments would help be a lot. There are other apartments that I looked at but I have not had a chance to review my notes or pictures.

The people in all of the areas that I visited went above and beyond helping me when I asked directions, questions, did they like the area, why/why not? I did not meet one person that was negative, unhappy. They were smiling, joking very friendly group of people and I want to thank each and everyone of them for making a stressful situation much better. All over everyone was super nice and helped me tremendously. Thank you form the bottom of my heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 02:42 AM

262 posts, read 824,479 times
I do not know that area but welcome. I have rs and there are times it is bad but I feel better since moving here. Good Luck!

Old 06-26-2009, 04:51 AM

347 posts, read 980,172 times
I live right next door to the Chimneys apartment complex. I don't know about the apartment complex itself, but it's in a respected part of town, and pretty convenient to everything too.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:49 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,420,365 times
Glad your trip went well and was a success, it sounds like a nice area (I can even relate to getting lost, LOL). Keep us posted when you can -

Old 06-26-2009, 02:55 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,782,966 times
I used to live in Del Norte which is the neighborhood right next to the Chimney's. Nice area. The apartment complex isn't bad at all from what I remember. They kept the place up and never seemed have any crime problems. There's a great exercise facility located next door too.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:41 PM

548 posts, read 1,979,783 times
I'd stick to the Chimney's. Though I don't know either apartment complex directly, the area Chimney's is just around the corner from me.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:25 PM

365 posts, read 1,010,090 times
If you Google Chimneys Apts., you will notice that there are 17 reviews. There are also reviews at apartmentratings.com. 45% recommended those apts. Hope the reviews are helpful to you.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:47 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,809,487 times
I don't live all that far from the Chimneys Apt. either and have to say I love living in the area. If you feel that much better in our climate vs. the one in RI, I say "Come on down!" -- and the sooner the better.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:23 PM

10 posts, read 27,688 times
Smile Taylors Apartment

Hi,
I have decided that once my divorce is finalized, the house is sold and an apartment is available I will be moving to The Chimineys in Taylors. The turning point was when I returned to RI from visiting Greenville. The weather in Greenville was 94-98 (dry heat) and RI was 65-70, humid, gray skys, rain. Having Fibromyalgia is painful and since returning to RI, I have spent more time in bed, sick and in pain.

I definately feel that when I stayed in Greenville I felt 75% better than I do living in RI. Besides the lousy weather here in RI and the stress I am under with a failing marriage, among other stresses in my life I truly feel that when I move to SC that my health & sanity will improve even more. I don't feel anyone should live in this kind of pain day in and day out for the past 6yrs when there is something I can do about it and that is to move to the beautiful state of SC.

To everyone who responded to my posts regarding the apartments that I asked about thank you very much. It also helped me make up my mind as to where I would live. I am starting to feel there is a light at the end of a very long tunnel and that I am making the right decision and that I will not be alone there because I have the generous people on this site to guide me while I make such a huge change in my life.

I will keep everyone informed on how things turn out. I am looking forward to my new life and new friends.
Thank you all
Debbie

Old 06-29-2009, 02:39 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,926,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterLife09 View Post

I definately feel that when I stayed in Greenville I felt 75% better than I do living in RI. Besides the lousy weather here in RI and the stress I am under with a failing marriage, among other stresses in my life I truly feel that when I move to SC that my health & sanity will improve even more. I don't feel anyone should live in this kind of pain day in and day out for the past 6yrs when there is something I can do about it and that is to move to the beautiful state of SC.

Debbie
Debbie, I'm in FL now. I can't sleep because of chronic pain and I came across your post. I wish you a life of pain free days and a lot of happiness. Believe it or not, I was going to drive to Greenville a few weeks ago and didn't think I could make it. (long story) So I only made it across the state. I was thinking of looking for a home here anyway, but I'm paying so much rent now that I've been stressed out just thinking about it! I'm not sure the weather would make a difference for me, but maybe you felt something more that made you feel better, like a spiritual calling, something that told you it was the right place for you to be?

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area