Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 03:58 PM

55 posts, read 280,309 times

Advertisements

Any off-leash dog parks in the area? I've researched exstensively on the web & haven't been able to find anything. Closest I found I believe was in Columbia, which I think is way too far to go for an hour or so of exercise for my dogs! Can anyone help???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2007, 05:03 PM

5,590 posts, read 15,374,908 times
Greenville has a very nice dog park called "Canine Corner" at Cleveland Park. Here is a link to some photos (http://upstatelink.com/apps/pbcs.dll/tngallery?Avis=BS&Dato=20060917&Kategori=LINK07&Lo penr=609170802&Ref=PH - broken link) from its official opening last September. The City has plans for more dog parks as its greenway and trail system continues to grow. I have no knowledge of anything similar in Spartanburg.

Old 05-16-2007, 06:35 PM

55 posts, read 280,309 times
Default Dog Parks

Thx so very much Skyliner! Wish we could have had this back at Thxgiving when we had the 2 "big dogs" visiting (Great Dane & Rottie). We searched on the web then & didn't find anything about Canine Corner! Strange The pictures on that link are great! Can't wait to take our little fur balls there!! Thx again!

Old 01-12-2008, 12:45 PM

1 posts, read 13,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommom View Post
Any off-leash dog parks in the area? I've researched exstensively on the web & haven't been able to find anything. Closest I found I believe was in Columbia, which I think is way too far to go for an hour or so of exercise for my dogs! Can anyone help???
I have found a dog park in Greenville called Canine Corner. It is across the street from the Cleveland Park Animal hospital. I have heard some great things about it. Plus, the area is really nice. Hope that helps out!

Old 01-14-2008, 03:15 PM

128 posts, read 613,132 times
There is also a place in Greer, which is much closer to Spartanburg, but I believe there is a charge for admission....

Old 01-26-2008, 02:24 PM

63 posts, read 212,517 times
yes this place is off of hwy 14 called six wags of greer (the name cracks me up.. i drive by it every day)

Old 01-26-2008, 03:51 PM

269 posts, read 1,010,389 times
Default Six Wags

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikonconstruction View Post
yes this place is off of hwy 14 called six wags of greer (the name cracks me up.. i drive by it every day)
I have heard Really good things from other Dog owners about Six wags! I know they board also!

Old 01-26-2008, 03:57 PM

108 posts, read 371,683 times
Six Wags is expensive! $5 for a day pass isn't too bad, but I consider over $400/yr excessive.

Canine Corner is nice, but it is a bit small for my taste and be aware that there is no separate area for small dogs.

(Of course I got spoiled in NoVA - free dog parks that were huge and well maintained and separated by size in a number of them...)

Old 01-31-2008, 11:48 AM

63 posts, read 212,517 times
Upstate Dog Training and Pet Resort - Greer, South Carolina (broken link)

here is the link to six wags.. they have added tons of Obstacles since the pictures.. also upstate dog training (the same owners) do an excellent job at training.. they got my dachshund obedient (which i heard is very tough)

Old 01-31-2008, 08:34 PM

513 posts, read 576,083 times
A not about Canine Corner, while it is pretty, it is now MUCH too small. The demand appears to be very great. The past two times I have been, there have been more than 50 dogs and around 100 people! And we are talking about a very small area. Last time, two dogs got into it, and then the rest of the dogs came over like a wave. It was really close to being a very ugly scene. Fortunately, enough owners were able to intervene in time. It is just a case of too many dogs in too smal an area. I don't think the builders realized how popular the park would be, but now several more are sorely needed (larger as well). I have been to the one in Greer once, but didn't like driving so far out only to have to pay per dog. Hopefully, the city will build some more, and the county will as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area