Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2010, 06:43 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,179,876 times

Advertisements

Got my fix of Flounder Bar and Grill - went with a couple who've never been, they enjoyed it a LOT. They say they've gotten busier lately - had no idea, they have a full bar in the basement. I woudn't bother going down there at any cost though - smoking - not for me, I'll stay upstairs where the food is!!!

FYI, they are NOT open Sundays. They use to be but said it was slow on those days and wasn't worth it.

Old 09-11-2010, 08:13 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Got my fix of Flounder Bar and Grill - went with a couple who've never been, they enjoyed it a LOT. They say they've gotten busier lately - had no idea, they have a full bar in the basement. I woudn't bother going down there at any cost though - smoking - not for me, I'll stay upstairs where the food is!!!

FYI, they are NOT open Sundays. They use to be but said it was slow on those days and wasn't worth it.
I forgot to mention that was the one complaint that my friends had; it was very smokey walking through the bar, but the restaurant part was okay.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:21 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,469,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
don't know about a upscale sports bar, but I do know of spoirts bars where the drinkers are more likely to be middle class, white colllar mid- management than tattoo covered bikers looking for a brawl.
In other words, not like Dixie's Tavern.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:26 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,179,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I forgot to mention that was the one complaint that my friends had; it was very smokey walking through the bar, but the restaurant part was okay.
I'm not a smoker and can't stand being anywhere near smoke. I always sit in the back rear booth, just to be far away from any possible smoke smell should there be any. But honestly, I've not smelled much of anything while walking past the bar. I definitely wouldn't return anywhere, no matter how good the food is, if I ever smell smoke.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:24 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,784,346 times
-Art gallery store opening in November at Haywood Mall.

-Five more Save-A-Lot/Rite Aid stores have opened.

-Several QuikTrip gas stations coming soon to the area.

-Tutti Frutti now open at Haywood Mall.

-Trader Joe's to open October 22nd on Woodruff Road.

-Carolina Ale House to open in late November downtown.

-Yogurt Mountain opening soon the Point.

-Gamestop and Mattress Firm opening soon on Woodruff Road.

-Cheddar's Casual Cafe coming soon to Magnolia Park.

-Walmart opening in mid-2011 and Kohl's opening in late 2011 at Easley Town Center.

-CiCi's Pizza opening soon in Easley.

-Hoops and Hops sports bar opening by end of the year downtown.

-New Soby's restaurant for Restaurant O space opening early-mid next year downtown.

-Verizon Wireless now open downtown.

-Five Guys now open at Cherrydale Point.

-New baby and bedding stores opening within next month downtown.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:49 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,616,818 times
5 more Save a Lot/Rite Aids? How many drug stores does one town need? Why are drug stores popping up on every corner in America lately anyway? Some have a different one on all 4 corners of an intersection...WHY?????

Someone not give Greenville the memo on the economy being in the toilet? How are you guys getting all of these things? Can you share with others pleeeeeease?

Old 10-13-2010, 11:26 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,784,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
5 more Save a Lot/Rite Aids? How many drug stores does one town need? Why are drug stores popping up on every corner in America lately anyway? Some have a different one on all 4 corners of an intersection...WHY?????

Someone not give Greenville the memo on the economy being in the toilet? How are you guys getting all of these things? Can you share with others pleeeeeease?
Linky: 5 Rite Aid/Save-A-Lot Outlets Open in S.C.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:52 AM

4 posts, read 13,950 times
We saw the ad for "Authentic Mexican Food" at El Patron. Was very disappointed with the whole thing. The waiter was terrible! We sat for 20 minutes before our order was taken and it was not very busy. Food was pretty bland, not terrible. The worst part was the audacity of the waiter on handling the tab. We always pay with cash and stick it part way out of the folder so the waiter knows. Normally they would ask if you need change or would bring back change. This guy just picks up the tab folder and walks away. After sitting there for another 15 minutes waiting for change the waiter does not come back. The charge for the meal was $22 and we paid with a $50 bill. My husband had to ask to get his change and the waiter had to have the manager open up the register. I know we will never go there again after that experience and we aren't even very picky people!!!

Old 10-19-2010, 09:21 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,841,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheatodd View Post
We saw the ad for "Authentic Mexican Food" at El Patron. Was very disappointed with the whole thing. The waiter was terrible! We sat for 20 minutes before our order was taken and it was not very busy. Food was pretty bland, not terrible. The worst part was the audacity of the waiter on handling the tab. We always pay with cash and stick it part way out of the folder so the waiter knows. Normally they would ask if you need change or would bring back change. This guy just picks up the tab folder and walks away. After sitting there for another 15 minutes waiting for change the waiter does not come back. The charge for the meal was $22 and we paid with a $50 bill. My husband had to ask to get his change and the waiter had to have the manager open up the register. I know we will never go there again after that experience and we aren't even very picky people!!!
Just visited papa's and beer for the first time this past weekend, for good mexican food, cheap drinks and great atmosphere, I highly recommend!

Old 10-19-2010, 11:29 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,375,819 times
Staying with the Mexican theme, I've heard positive reviews about Taco Parrilla (http://www.tacoparrilla.com/index.html - broken link) in downtown Greer (former location of Gerard's).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area