Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2010, 06:54 PM

55 posts, read 140,899 times

Advertisements

We just tried Cafe Paulista and it was great....stopped by Community Tap and got a growler of brown ale and took it in to have with a wonderful meal... we shared a little with the owners who were a delight...this restaurant really has awesome food and it is very reasonably priced....especially with BYOB.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:17 AM

177 posts, read 470,661 times
Headed to Brioso's tonight for some hand made pasta!

Old 09-10-2010, 12:24 PM

3 posts, read 12,511 times
Here's the lowdown from what I know on Hoops and Hops Sports Bar, which will located on the corner of Coffee and Brown Street. This isn't going to your run of the mill sports bar. There will be no other sports bar in town like Hoops and Hops Sports Bar. Hoops and Hops will be first class, upscale and very sports oriented. The decor will be more than just hanging sports posters. The bar counter will be more than just a bar! There will be 15 top of the line tv's. The best seat in the house will be the "Bench Booth"; which will hold 14.

Yes, Karrie of Karrie's Deli (near Furman) will operate/run the kichen. Look for some of the items from Karrie's current menu, as well as many new items!

Yes, there will be a Public Hearing - Thursday, 9/16. Apparently, the protestors live downtown and do not want this kind of business downtown. (which in my opinion they should move to a subdivision. After all - they are living downtown!) Hoops and Hops Sport Bar will NOT be a nightclub, but will have live music from time to time, as well as dual pianos and other entertainment!

Hugh (Eddie) St. Clair will be the owner of Hoops and Hops Sports Bar. If anyone knows Eddie, then u know whatever he does is first class! See ya at Hoops and Hops (hoops meaning basket and hops meaning beer for those of u who thought the name didn't not fit) Sports Bar.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:48 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,096,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepmeposted View Post
Here's the lowdown from what I know on Hoops and Hops Sports Bar, which will located on the corner of Coffee and Brown Street. This isn't going to your run of the mill sports bar. There will be no other sports bar in town like Hoops and Hops Sports Bar. Hoops and Hops will be first class, upscale and very sports oriented. The decor will be more than just hanging sports posters. The bar counter will be more than just a bar! There will be 15 top of the line tv's. The best seat in the house will be the "Bench Booth"; which will hold 14.

Yes, Karrie of Karrie's Deli (near Furman) will operate/run the kichen. Look for some of the items from Karrie's current menu, as well as many new items!

Yes, there will be a Public Hearing - Thursday, 9/16. Apparently, the protestors live downtown and do not want this kind of business downtown. (which in my opinion they should move to a subdivision. After all - they are living downtown!) Hoops and Hops Sport Bar will NOT be a nightclub, but will have live music from time to time, as well as dual pianos and other entertainment!

Hugh (Eddie) St. Clair will be the owner of Hoops and Hops Sports Bar. If anyone knows Eddie, then u know whatever he does is first class! See ya at Hoops and Hops (hoops meaning basket and hops meaning beer for those of u who thought the name didn't not fit) Sports Bar.
Best wishes

Old 09-10-2010, 02:02 PM

177 posts, read 470,661 times
Default keepmeposted

Thanks!
We are friends with Karrie so we can't wait for this to open up. We may need to go to the public hearing for support...

Old 09-10-2010, 08:54 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,468,808 times
Quote:

Please tell Eddie that the concept is great, but the name could be a lot better in my opinion.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:09 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,858,461 times
Quote:

OK.....so the concept sounds good, except.....when a business has to say it is "upscale" it usually is NOT. Customers decide on their own if a place is upscale. When the business touts that it is upscale, it usually turns out to be a cheesy place and considering the cheesy name, I'm getting strong whiffs of Velveeta..............

Old 09-11-2010, 10:04 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,661,240 times
If the name is a problem, perhaps we can suggest some better ones:

Beer and Ball
Booze and Boos
The Tenth Inning
The Fifth Quarter
Overtime
or

Hooters

Old 09-11-2010, 12:24 PM

1,143 posts, read 2,873,297 times
Has anyone heard if Anthropologie is coming to Greenville????? Its my fav retail store...... I had heard it was coming a few months back but I haven't seen anything official....... G-man, Skyliner....what do you guys know??

Old 09-11-2010, 01:47 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,254,914 times
don't know about a upscale sports bar, but I do know of spoirts bars where the drinkers are more likely to be middle class, white colllar mid- management than tattoo covered bikers looking for a brawl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area