Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2019, 11:51 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,289,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Ax throwing places so trendy right now.
I don't understand the popularity. I've thrown axes before at Scouting events and I found it pretty boring after about 15 minutes.

Old 05-10-2019, 04:28 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,048,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
The question could be whether the Hardee's name does. I could see them consolidating everything under the Carl's Jr brand because of the damage to the Hardee's brand.

The menus are about 80% the same now, so it wouldn't be difficult
Solid point - a new Carl’s Jr. Featuring Hardees breakfast would definitely tempt me to give it a shot. 40 year old fast food buildings shouldn’t exist.

Old 05-11-2019, 08:32 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattreddy View Post
Hardees has brought back their Roast Beef!!!!! 2 for $5. I hope they are using the same sauce.
I thought the roast beef at Hardee's was ok, but not exceptional. It seems similar to what they had before. But it is no where near as good as the roast beef at Roy Rogers that was offered at some Hardee's in Virginia and Maryland during their affiliated years back in the 90's. Also Hardee's at one time back then featured Roy Rogers fried chicken, and select Hardee's added the fixins bar from Roy Rogers. Now they are separate concerns and Hardee's is now owned by CKE/Carl's Jr.

Old 05-11-2019, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ForksSC View Post
Solid point - a new Carl’s Jr. Featuring Hardees breakfast would definitely tempt me to give it a shot. 40 year old fast food buildings shouldn’t exist.
After a failed Hardee's conversion in Northern Virginia and Maryland back in the 90's, the Hardee's locations were changed back to Roy Rogers featuring Hardee's Breakfast. This was the best combination of the 2 chains, as they featured Roy Rogers fried chicken, burgers, and roast beef for lunch and dinner, and Hardee's biscuits for breakfast. But eventually Hardee's split from Roy Rogers, and was sold to CKE/Carl's Jr.

I would like to see Carl's Jr. flagship sandwiches such as Superstar with cheese and Big Carl (large Big Twin) return to the Hardee's menu, along with the Roy Rogers fried chicken. But they no longer have the rights to Roy Rogers proprietary recipe. But the Carl's burgers could be returned.

Old 05-11-2019, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ForksSC View Post
CKE has renovated most Hardee's locations, although some of the older stores should indeed be rebuilt. Their new Hardee's buildings are nice, and the renovated locations in Taylors, Lyman, and Woodruff Rd. are also nice.

Old 05-12-2019, 09:26 AM

401 posts, read 378,724 times
Quote:
The question could be whether the Hardee's name does. I could see them consolidating everything under the Carl's Jr brand because of the damage to the Hardee's brand.

The menus are about 80% the same now, so it wouldn't be difficult
I'm too lazy today to look for it, but there are some articles out there from last year where the CEO was talking about how they are going in the opposite direction. They don't feel the South likes Carl's Jr or even knows anything about that brand. It stated Carl's was more hip with West coast attitude and Hardees is a more traditional, low key brand fit for the South. The article said almost exactly that.

Old 05-12-2019, 11:10 AM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge71 View Post
I'm too lazy today to look for it, but there are some articles out there from last year where the CEO was talking about how they are going in the opposite direction. They don't feel the South likes Carl's Jr or even knows anything about that brand. It stated Carl's was more hip with West coast attitude and Hardees is a more traditional, low key brand fit for the South. The article said almost exactly that.

I read the same.. However, if the Hardee's name gets too damaged, they'll be better off bringing in the Carl's Jr name as it won't necessarily have the stigma attached to it.

Old 05-12-2019, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge71 View Post
That is exactly correct. They have decided to launch separate branding and marketing strategies for the Hardee's and Carl's Jr. brands. No more women in bikinis eating a Hardee's hamburger like they originated with Carl's Jr. Now a more traditional focus on food and regional tastes. Hardee's appeals to traditional tastes in the South and Midwest, whereas Carl's Jr. has the more hip appeal for the West coast and now Northeast urban markets as well.

And the Hardee's brand is no longer declining or damaged since CKE took over and began upgrading the food quality and renovating the restaurants. The breakfast menu has always been strong and they have improved the food quality with the addition of Thickburgers and return to charbroiling. Replacing and renovating older stores remains a work in progress. I just wish they would still offer a few of the Carl's Jr. signature sandwiches such as Superstar, Famous Star, and Big Carl (Big Twin). They have added Hardee's breakfast biscuits to Carl's menu on the West coast, so they do share certain menu items despite separate marketing strategies.

But I still prefer Roy Rogers roast beef, burgers, and fried chicken when I visit Northern Virginia, where they continue to return to Northeast markets. And CKE is now entering New York and New Jersey where the Hardee's brand never was popular and Roy Rogers was strong. Roy Rogers is also returning to their previously popular core markets in the Mid Atlantic and Northeast, while Hardee's remains strong in the South and Midwest.

Old 05-12-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
I read the same.. However, if the Hardee's name gets too damaged, they'll be better off bringing in the Carl's Jr name as it won't necessarily have the stigma attached to it.
The Hardee's brand is no longer damaged since CKE took over and began upgrades in food quality and building renovations. The breakfast was always popular and now they have improved the lunch and dinner menu with better quality burgers and a return to charbroiling. Older stores have been renovated or rebuilt. New buildings such as Pelham Rd. and North St. locations are modern and nice. No need to convert to an unfamiliar Carl's Jr. name in the South. I think the only overlapping regions with both Carl's and Hardee's brands may be Texas and Oklahoma, where both names have been used and share recognition.

Old 05-12-2019, 02:54 PM

446 posts, read 414,715 times
I’d love to get a Roy Rogers here. Used to like that stuff growing up as a kid outside of Philly. Of course, I may not agree with my younger self now but would at least like the option to try!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area