Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2016, 07:17 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times

Advertisements

That made me smile--thanks elston--I needed that today!
I talked to my daughter last night and she is upset with me for not coming out to visit. Yes, she even has offered to pay the airfare--but I have my animals and would need to find someone to stay in my home to care for them--not an easy thing to do. Plus I work..and need that income. Anyhow she really broke my heart saying I am missing seeing my grandchildren grow up. Not sure what she would want me to do. I know she doesn't want me to move back because they hope to move here eventually but she wants me to visit. I get that but it's not easy. Anyhow meantime I am trying to figure out my medicare too. To much for me today...

Old 12-13-2016, 07:44 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,016,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I talked to my daughter last night and she is upset with me for not coming out to visit. Yes, she even has offered to pay the airfare--but I have my animals and would need to find someone to stay in my home to care for them--not an easy thing to do. Plus I work..and need that income. Anyhow she really broke my heart saying I am missing seeing my grandchildren grow up. Not sure what she would want me to do. I know she doesn't want me to move back because they hope to move here eventually but she wants me to visit. I get that but it's not easy. Anyhow meantime I am trying to figure out my medicare too. To much for me today...

Everyone has needs and wants and not all are possible. Cyn your life is yours and your daughter needs to understand and find ways to support you and help.....not to try to "take another piece of my heart now Baby" as Janis Joplin sang.

Dont let her or anyone lay a guilt trip on you.

Old 12-13-2016, 07:51 AM

Thank you elston.....it's hard not to let it hurt me. I know I have my own responsibilities right here and am really trying my best to do things right......My animals are my family here..they love and depend on me. I know she doesn't get that.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:51 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,016,035 times
I cant even imagine how you could leave your home and animals in the middle of winter......what if a pipe should freeze....who would walk them in all kinds of weather.....being a single person and maintaining an older house and caring for a number of dependant animals.....and dealing with your own emotions and physical limitations, not to mention your need to work...........If your daughter doesnt understand that...........then in my opinion she is as self-oriented as her brother. They just dont get it or try to put themselves in your place.

Old 12-13-2016, 09:52 AM

Sadly I have to agree. My daughter has always been my saving grace....when I needed support or just knowing I was loved I could call and talk to her but now I feel a distance. Perhaps she is under stress that I am not aware of because this just is not like her.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:20 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,856,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat
I talked to my daughter last night and she is upset with me for not coming out to visit.
Ahhhhh try not to be upset with her.... She doesnt understand how hard it is for you to go somewhere with all your animals and all

Why not invite her there??

God bless everyone!!

Old 12-13-2016, 10:55 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,505,022 times
Good Morning everyone. Elko....the hoops you have to jump thru remind me of all the credential hoops I had to jump thru in my career.....psychiatric social worker and "qualified mental retardation professional"....... a lot of it was built into the civil service career ladder. I am so thankful I am retired now......I couldnt begin to put it all together now. Good Luck to you. Its a shame that all that stress is coming at the holiday season.

Oh, elston, I sympathize with you and totally understand. I'm glad you're retired - I can't wait till I am! I am looking at another 4 years, 8 months, 6 days, 12 hours and 7 minutes until I plan on retiring. Not that I can't wait or anything!

cyn - just do your best - you have many online here that love and care for you. You're doing so well. Hang in there and pray often! Thanks for the support, Dude!
Thank you to everyone on here, AAMOF.

Everyone have good Tuesday's!

Old 12-13-2016, 12:20 PM

If things aren't bad enough BuBu is sick. He has diarrhea again and this time started shivering so I am taking him to the vet as soon as the vet gets back in. I pray he is okay. Please keep positive thoughts for my baby!

Old 12-13-2016, 01:02 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,505,022 times
If things aren't bad enough BuBu is sick. He has diarrhea again and this time started shivering so I am taking him to the vet as soon as the vet gets back in. I pray he is okay. Please keep positive thoughts for my baby!

Prayers and well-wishes, cyn! Sorry!!

Old 12-13-2016, 02:10 PM

The vet gave him a long acting pain shot and checked him thoroughly--no temperature, good heart beat and no apparent tenderness or blockages that he could feel so he gave me more of that paste for diarrhea too. I know BuBu is getting old and his poor body is just going through aging. I know....don't like it but I know. He would not eat dinner but the vet said that was to be expected until maybe tomorrow. We'll see. I have to work tomorrow.....if he's not better I may call in. But then he may be more relaxed with me gone for a few hours so we'll see. Thank you for the prayers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning