Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2017, 09:56 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,927,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
When I really want my mother to be with me or to share an experience ...... I think that she is. She once told me that whenever I needed to know my mother was near.......to look for a seagull flying so high in the sky ..... that would be her and her love would always be with me. I don't question it.....she told me.
Aw elston, that is a good thing your Mom told you that. We had a nice chat about Joe while I was choosing my glass. It was a good experience. Especially since I did it all by myself and drove 160 miles on the freeway which I NEVER do. Speed limit is now 80MPH. I about crapped when I saw that. NO WAY was I going to drive 80. I had two destinations to go to pick up glass 40 pounds free scrap glass from another artist and the glass I bought. I am swooning over all of it. Also exhausted. Good day for sure.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Shades, we will cheer you on and enjoy your day just as Joe would want you to!!
Thanks Cyn. I knew I could count on all of you. I wanted so badly to come in earlier and tell you what a great day it was. I was too tired and also could not keep my hands off the glass. It just makes me want to hurry up and start making things. So excited to have my stock re-filled.

Old 06-06-2017, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I just love all the thoughts people share. I believe...I believe...I always told my children to dream the dream that dreamers dream! I am a dreamer and believer. It just makes the world so much nicer to live in!
Joe told me to sell his truck before he died. He knew it was not the truck for me. Too big. I was so torn about doing it because I needed some thing to haul stuff in. One night I was turning myself inside out with indecision on what to do. Trade in my almost new car for a Subaru or buy a small truck. I had looked at both. I needed a four wheel drive. I woke in the morning totally clear in my mind what to do. I felt like Joe came to me in a dream and advised me. I got on Craigs list and there it was a 1995 Chevy Blazer with only 80K miles on it. 3K and the guy put a trailer hitch on it for me for 100 dollars more hitch and wiring included in that price. And it has snow tires and regular tires all on their own rims. It had been listed for one hour when I saw it and called the guy. After I got it he said he had about 30 more calls that day. It is a beauty. I took it to my mechanic and he went through it and did a few things like shocks and adjusted the brakes and took the snow tires off of it for me put the other wheels on. Said it is good and he has nothing to gain by telling me it is in good shape.

After the people I bought it from left, they delivered it for me driving here 100 miles each way, I was looking inside and put the back seats down to see how much load space I had and there was a dove feather laying in the back. this car was spotless. How did that dove feather get there. I think it was a sign from my Joe I did right and I also think he some how guided me to go on Craigs list right when I did and buy that car. And the color is one of my favorite colors and Joe knew how important color was to me. Yes my Man is still here with me guiding me. I know he is. I am so glad for it too.

And these kids I bought the car from are going to come up and take me fishing and he owns a roofing company and said he will put a nice roof on my kitty high rise I just built for them. They are just so sweet. they have already stopped by twice when passing through to see any new glass work I have done.

And I ended up keeping my almost new car as it gets really good gas mileage.
Attached Thumbnails
Life Alone Now...Day by Day...Life Beyond Loss-3-3-17-blazer-home.jpg  

Old 06-07-2017, 04:58 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,672,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shades_of_idaho View Post
Aw elston, that is a good thing your Mom told you that. We had a nice chat about Joe while I was choosing my glass. It was a good experience. Especially since I did it all by myself and drove 160 miles on the freeway which I NEVER do. Speed limit is now 80MPH. I about crapped when I saw that. NO WAY was I going to drive 80. I had two destinations to go to pick up glass 40 pounds free scrap glass from another artist and the glass I bought. I am swooning over all of it. Also exhausted. Good day for sure.
My dearest friend, who passed 5 years ago, worked with glass. She made beautiful lamps, wall hangings, stepping stones, etc. I am blessed to have several of her pieces which I treasure.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:38 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times
Well I am very happy your day turned out so well Shades! Moving forward!
Ellwood, you are very fortunate to have those pieces from your friend--she will always be there with you!
Work today...
Hope everyone has a great day!

Old 06-07-2017, 06:12 AM

48,151 posts, read 22,016,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shades_of_idaho View Post
Joe told me to sell his truck before he died. He knew it was not the truck for me. Too big. I was so torn about doing it because I needed some thing to haul stuff in. One night I was turning myself inside out with indecision on what to do. Trade in my almost new car for a Subaru or buy a small truck. I had looked at both. I needed a four wheel drive. I woke in the morning totally clear in my mind what to do. I felt like Joe came to me in a dream and advised me. I got on Craigs list and there it was a 1995 Chevy Blazer with only 80K miles on it. 3K and the guy put a trailer hitch on it for me for 100 dollars more hitch and wiring included in that price. And it has snow tires and regular tires all on their own rims. It had been listed for one hour when I saw it and called the guy. After I got it he said he had about 30 more calls that day. It is a beauty. I took it to my mechanic and he went through it and did a few things like shocks and adjusted the brakes and took the snow tires off of it for me put the other wheels on. Said it is good and he has nothing to gain by telling me it is in good shape.

After the people I bought it from left, they delivered it for me driving here 100 miles each way, I was looking inside and put the back seats down to see how much load space I had and there was a dove feather laying in the back. this car was spotless. How did that dove feather get there. I think it was a sign from my Joe I did right and I also think he some how guided me to go on Craigs list right when I did and buy that car. And the color is one of my favorite colors and Joe knew how important color was to me. Yes my Man is still here with me guiding me. I know he is. I am so glad for it too.

And these kids I bought the car from are going to come up and take me fishing and he owns a roofing company and said he will put a nice roof on my kitty high rise I just built for them. They are just so sweet. they have already stopped by twice when passing through to see any new glass work I have done.

And I ended up keeping my almost new car as it gets really good gas mileage.
Thank you for sharing that..............it really moves me......and affirms my experiences.

Old 06-07-2017, 08:18 AM

Elston it is wonderful to have those pieces made by your friend. I am sure she enjoyed sharing.

cyn Hoping your work day goes well and your shoulder is feeling better.

Thought I would share what I wake up to every morning since we seem to be animal lovers. I finally remembered to take my camera to bed with me for morning shots. Oh now that sounds weird. I promise they are all ok.

First is Unk and PITA sleeping on the bed with me. Really hard to photo two black kitties.

Then Abby admiring herself in the mirror. Usially she is sleeping on my extra pillow.

Then Clancy laying beside the bed. He usually sleeps off the bed unless there is thunder.

And dusty in the bathroom. I think it is cooler in there for her. She has long hair.

And finally I took this while drinking coffee on my back dog yard patio. So pretty out there in the sun. I am trying to do a topiary of that bush into a big bird. LOL If it does not work then off with its head. Then it will be a big round ball. It is not at all the kind of bust that lends itself to a topiary. It is a current bush. It was growing inside the kitty kennel before I moved it over 8 foot. Happy how my plant mosaic is filling in and I was finally able to move the protective fence. Clancy is staying on the pavers not walking in the middles.

I guess I got them out of order. Not totally awake yet.

I guess I pay for playing yesterday and need to get the house cleaned and yards watered and the last of the bills paid. Have a good one.
Attached Thumbnails
Life Alone Now...Day by Day...Life Beyond Loss-6-7-17-dog-yard-patio.jpg   Life Alone Now...Day by Day...Life Beyond Loss-6-7-17-unk-pita.jpg   Life Alone Now...Day by Day...Life Beyond Loss-6-7-17-abby.jpg   Life Alone Now...Day by Day...Life Beyond Loss-6-7-17-clancy.jpg   Life Alone Now...Day by Day...Life Beyond Loss-6-7-17-dusty.jpg  

Old 06-07-2017, 08:40 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times
I love your patio and how you have it done! Very nice! Your animals are adorable and thanks for sharing!

Old 06-07-2017, 10:07 AM

48,151 posts, read 22,016,035 times
Shades....it was Ellwood who posted about the glass pieces her friend gave her......not me lol

The cats are gorgeous and your patio is breathtaking. outstanding!

Old 06-07-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Shades....it was Ellwood who posted about the glass pieces her friend gave her......not me lol

The cats are gorgeous and your patio is breathtaking. outstanding!
elston I am sorry. What I get for posting before I am totally awake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning