Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2017, 08:32 AM

815 posts, read 981,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Elko, that is a very pretty car, but of course my concern would be how does it handle in the snow.......LOL

Yeah, mollybgolly, I share your concern with driving the '16 Scion iA in the snow. I will buy some Michelin X-ice xi3 snow tires for it and it'll handle the snow like a dream. If you ever need snow tires I highly recommend the Michelin X-Ice xi3 snow tires. I have them on our 2011 Kia Soul and the car just plows through snow now!
If the time ever comes that I personally need snow tires here in north Florida, I promise you I will move farther south

Old 11-17-2017, 09:14 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
If the time ever comes that I personally need snow tires here in north Florida, I promise you I will move farther south

You won't need them anywhere in Florida. Does it ever snow anywhere in Florida?

Old 11-17-2017, 09:18 AM

815 posts, read 981,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

You won't need them anywhere in Florida. Does it ever snow anywhere in Florida?
Actually, yes it does. Very rarely up here in north Florida. One year at Christmas (1989, I think) we had a little over an inch and it was beautiful and amazing. And the best thing was that it melted 2 days later!

But no need for snow tires, because they close down everything so no one needs to drive anywhere

Old 11-17-2017, 12:44 PM

But no need for snow tires, because they close down everything so no one needs to drive anywhere

Yep. I do understand.

Old 11-18-2017, 05:15 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
That's the tradition here too Molly--if it snows, even an inch, everything closes. I've been stuck here at home for 4 days due to snow before but that is mainly since I live on a gravel road. I can't afford to do that this year so I hope the snow stays to a minimum.
Both my dogs didn't eat their breakfast....Bubba does this now and then but Bella....They seem okay other then that so maybe they will eat their dinner.
Last night work was hard for me because I was so tired from not sleeping well. I was just happy to get home!
My son told me they were considering taking their 3 children to the Thanksgiving parade this year so I may no be going to see them. If they get home early I can go down for a couple of hours but not sure yet. I'd love to see them all! We'll see.
That is a beautiful car elko!!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 11-18-2017, 07:20 AM

2017 Toyota Yaris iA in black (Toyota calls it Stealth)

This is the latest one I'm tracking down. It's in the Tri-Cities (Richland/Pasco/Kennewick) at Toyota of Tri-Cities. If you ever want a new car, use a service called TrueCar. I was going to buy that red one that's used. But this new black one is only $1,384 more - for a brand new car. The red looks better, I think, but the black one looks really good to me, too. So we'll see. My wife is scared that it will hurt our credit rating before we buy a house, but that's still about 4-5 months away. Our debt-to-income ratio is really low because they don't count our rent - which is $1,200 a month. So I will try and explain that to her - she gets so angry and loses it so I can't explain things to her. I'm going to do it - planning on trading in for it on Wednesday afternoon. I'll keep you all posted.

cyn - if your shoulder isn't throbbing in pain you're probably not pulling any ligaments adversely or causing yourself any trouble working while needing surgery. Just be careful - I'm sure you will be.

Also, I hope your critters all decide to eat. I think they will. Have a great Saturday - I go back to work tonight for three nights in a row. Need some more rest today. Enjoy your Saturday's, people!

Last edited by elkotronics; 11-18-2017 at 07:29 AM..

Old 11-18-2017, 08:46 AM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
I am not old
a poem by Samantha Reynolds

I am not old…she said
I am rare.

I am the standing ovation
At the end of the play.

I am the retrospective
Of my life as art

I am the hours
Connected like dots
Into good sense

I am the fullness
Of existing.

You think I am waiting to die…
But I am waiting to be found

I am a treasure.
I am a map.

And these wrinkles are
Imprints of my journey

Ask me anything.

Old 11-18-2017, 10:44 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
Love that elston!

Old 11-18-2017, 01:48 PM

56 posts, read 34,600 times
so now i'm worried that i will be evicted from my apartment. my whole life is in turmoil. i really don't want to go live in a shelter. my blood family told me go to a shelter don't ask us for anything.

yet the same family member asked me to take care of their disabled child when they pass. how am i going to do that from a homeless shelter?

mommy i miss you more than you will ever know.

Old 11-18-2017, 02:33 PM

50,376 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I am not old
a poem by Samantha Reynolds

I am not old…she said
I am rare.

I am the standing ovation
At the end of the play.

I am the retrospective
Of my life as art

I am the hours
Connected like dots
Into good sense

I am the fullness
Of existing.

You think I am waiting to die…
But I am waiting to be found

I am a treasure.
I am a map.

And these wrinkles are
Imprints of my journey

Ask me anything.
Love that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning