Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2015, 09:35 AM

1,154 posts, read 1,430,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
What I would like to know is why I get so panicked over things I have no control over and that would have never bothered me before--at least not to this extent! I suppose it's partially because I am the sole person to take care of everything here now and have never been in that situation. It is a scary place. One step at a time.....
Absolutely that is what is making you feel panicky! I can only guess from the thread that you are new to being alone and have lost the DH. First, I am so sorry for your loss. THAT takes some getting used to, I am certain. I see that you have a pet, so that is a positive! Do you have hobbies? If not, you might look inward and find some things that you love to do, are passionate about, or would like to learn and make a 'bucket list of them. Then you just have to start doing them!
I saw someone mention naps...what a great gift to yourself, whether you have done so in the past or never done. They don't have to be long, just restful and rejuvenating! I never napped until I left my 'life in the fast lane' and moved 1000 miles away, almost 30 yrs ago. I thought napping was a huge waste of time and I was far too busy to waste one minute of the 24hr in a day...I needed MORE hours. How foolish and stupid of me! I started out of boredom in my new and less active city, but as I felt better in my life, I kept the naps. I don't do it every single day or on a routine, but I miss them when I don't have time for one!
As for the grieving process and a new life as a single, it takes time...and time with a big "T". Good that you have a Chaplin who gives good advice and you can call on. I wish you the best in your new 'life' and I am already excited for you and what you may get to learn and do!

Old 02-19-2015, 10:04 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,578,596 times
Its very cold here too Cyn. We woke to -28 D C. I know you don't drive unless its a must but be very careful. Cyn, last night someone sent me a beautiful video. I loved it so much. I never looked at life this way before. So sharing it with you and other friends here. Trust me, you will not be wasting your 6 minutes by watching this:

Old 02-20-2015, 02:55 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,902,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat
Well BuBu had his first night inside the house--went well. He has the entry way which is as warm as the rest of the house and I put a blanket there for him. No accidents! Hooray! It was funny, when I took him out for a morning walk his kitty was sleeping under a piece of plywood next to the house where the other cats often sleep too. Guess it's warm near the house. She was so excited to see him. We all went on a walk. Very cold--at 8 am it was only 10 degrees. I will put him in his yard a little later to do his business when it warms up a bit more and then bring him back in. It's suppose to be wicked cold for a couple of days. I have one cat "whitey" who is not one bit fond of BuBu and just likes to annoy him all the time. The other cats aren't really concerned one way or another. They just leave each other alone.
Yea that would be nice wouldnt it?? (Leave each other be)

I hope your doing OK CYN,I think of ya often honey!!! -- Your a sweet person

Old 02-20-2015, 05:42 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,353,129 times
Thanks Dude---I think last night was the last of the to cold for BuBu outside so hopefully he will be able to spend his night in his house--just hope his cat joins him.
That was perfect Maila...right on the nail! Thank you for sharing.

Old 02-21-2015, 09:41 AM

Not sure if I'm ready to stop this thread---seems like it is nearing its end...but I still feel such a need for the comfort it brings so often. A person can grieve for years and I don't feel the grief--the loss anything like at first but I am so lonely and scared. I am not at all sure of myself yet. I depend on my friends here so much-

Old 02-21-2015, 11:07 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,902,878 times
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh... We wont be sad if you want it closed honey!

We are just worried about ya.............

Old 02-21-2015, 03:18 PM

I am worried about me too Dude--I depend on the people here...even though I am getting out more I just don't feel ready to leave here yet.

Old 02-21-2015, 03:25 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,338,184 times
Cyn, only you can decide if you want to keep this thread open or not... But don't forget that we are always here to "listen'' to you!
Big hugs.

Old 02-21-2015, 04:07 PM

48,265 posts, read 22,052,974 times
If your not sure......don't close it. But also don't feel compelled to make a daily entry or to check it daily.....at some point the dramatic loss eases.....and the day to day takes over......the loss is still there....but its not something that defines you. Don't make any sudden decision.

This thread is good in tht it is a good place to air plans and feeling.......that really don't fit into some of the more socially oriented threads in Community Chat.

Take a breath....and we'll be around but maybe not everyday.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:46 AM

Thanks guys--I'm just really not ready to close this thread. I do look here everyday and I do get a lot from having you guys here! It's just not time yet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning