Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 01:13 PM

1,134 posts, read 1,124,133 times

Advertisements

Tamiznluv,

Thank you so very much for posting these other threads. I did do a search before I started the topic, but I guess I should have used other terms. Another lesson learned.

I can't wait to check out all the other links and I apologize to anyone that might think, "Ut oh, another newbie's at it!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2015, 01:39 PM

39 posts, read 56,794 times
Pennies, license plates, scents, words from strangers, lines in books, unexpected stops, feeling their essence.

Old 03-22-2015, 02:00 PM

3,507 posts, read 764,084 times
not really a message per say but my mother has been gone for 30 years yet i still smell her from time to time ..

Old 03-22-2015, 04:01 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,401,000 times
My mother passed 23 years ago. That doesn't keep her from getting in my life!

We are currently renting our home and were trying to decide whether to buy this house, or move to another rental property. I've had odd dreams in which my mother tells me to move. In one dream she actually said "there's death in this house". Well, Mom always expressed her opinions!

We've decided to move to another rental property while we decide what/where to buy. Our lives are in a state of transition, and the owner wants us to buy, or he's putting it on the market. We could buy this, its nice, but doesn't quite suit us. Plus, I've always felt uneasy here, for reasons I can't define.

Well, I found out there's a drug ring in this area. The police are trying to keep it hushed up so not to hurt property values. Don't ask how I know, just via gossip, etc.

We're not moving jut because of a dream, but it is rather uncanny how it all seems to fit.

Old 03-22-2015, 04:03 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,401,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Pennies. I have seen pennies, heads up!
What is that supposed to mean?

Old 03-22-2015, 06:28 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,353,220 times
This was the experience of my sister, not me, but it might be inspirational to someone.

My brother had died of muscular dystrophy in 1978 at age 21 (after not being able to walk for about a dozen years), and my dad died in 1989 at the age of 56 from cancer. A couple of years after my dad's death, my sister and I were talking in general about religion. I am an agnostic, and my sister is a very casual Christian. (In other words, neither of us are very religious people at all.) I said something about how no one can be sure if there really is any kind of afterlife, and my sister says, "I know there is." I was very surprised to hear her say that because we are both very level-headed, practical and skeptical people; and I said something like, "Oh, yeah? How can you be so sure?"

She said, "Well, I wasn't gong to tell you this because I knew you'd think I was crazy, but Corinne's mother is buried at the same cemetery as Dad and Greg, and when I went to her funeral [which took place a few months prior to this conversation], I saw Greg and Dad playing ball with Scamp on the lawn [their dog who had died years ago]. Both of them were running and laughing, and it wasn't a dream. I was wide awake, and I saw them. I mean, of course I know it was actually their spirits, but I really did see them. They looked the same age as they did when they died, but they were perfectly healthy."

So maybe it was a vision, maybe it was wishful thinking, but she still swears that what she told me was the truth.

Last edited by katharsis; 03-22-2015 at 06:38 PM..

Old 03-22-2015, 07:37 PM

9 posts, read 10,583 times
We lost our daughter to Leukemia about 2 years ago, she visits me in dreams all the time. We lost my MIL last summer, as I was driving over to the house after getting the call, a white cat came out of the woods and crossed the street in front of me. She had a white cat for almost 20 years that she had to put down just before she passed away. I know it was her saying goodbye. I have literally never seen a white cat before or since in our neighborhood.

Old 03-23-2015, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
What is that supposed to mean?
They say that pennies from heaven are when our loved ones are missing us, they throw down pennies and if you find one "heads up" it's good luck also.

Old 03-23-2015, 01:39 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
Never heard of that one about pennies... Ive put this on before but Ill tell it again...My mother passed away on Mothers Day 1999.. whle her body was in the funeral parlour I was in the bath and had run more hot water in.... the smell of lavender came through the water.. now I dont wear or can stand perfumes of any kind having MCS for years... but for my mothers Mothers Day gift Id given her a lavender coloured dressing gown and nightgown that she died in and she had a bed bath that day with her new Yardley lavender soap Id bought her too.. ..I didnt imagine the smell from the water and nothing else in the toilet was perfumed so wasnt as if the hot water hit perfumed soap in the bath.. or bath oils. dont use them..

Old 03-23-2015, 01:43 AM

It's so nice to see everybody's different experiences. My heart goes out to all of you that are grieving your loved ones.

I did read all of the posts in the links that Tami provided and enjoyed every one of them.

I'm a newbie and making many mistakes as I try to learn to be a good participant on the threads. The last topic I started, I answered every reply and just learned that I should have just repped the posters and not answered every one unless it was pertinent info to the topic. I'm kindly asking that you point out any mistakes I'm making and I'll correct what I'm doing wrong.

It's comforting to read all of your stories and I appreciate your posting. Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning