Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 10:45 AM

16,077 posts, read 10,738,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
We know it was you.
My daughter and I have this feeling quite often. Also, there are times when I sense or experience my wife's presence here in my home but she never actually saw it. She passed about 5 years before I bought it but I sometimes wonder if she picked it out... 1,000 miles from where we lived before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 02:59 PM

1,134 posts, read 1,124,133 times
Default signs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
My daughter and I have this feeling quite often. Also, there are times when I sense or experience my wife's presence here in my home but she never actually saw it. She passed about 5 years before I bought it but I sometimes wonder if she picked it out... 1,000 miles from where we lived before.
The fact that you can feel her presence is probably comforting to you. I think sometimes we have to be more observant and open to the signs they send us. I know many people don't believe in this but I've seen many signs over the years.

It's been 25 years for my Mom and I got a sign a couple of weeks ago

Old 04-01-2015, 04:45 PM

Somebody left a message when they repped me asking about the sign from my Mom and I went through my old posts and can't find it. It actually involves, my son, my Mom & Dad.

I've been having a rough couple of months due to stressors. I posted on a board that I would give anything to have a group hug from my son, Mom & Dad.

I have a memory foam mattress and in the past I've felt like someone was sitting on the edge of my bed, but I always forgot about it. A couple of weeks ago while I was sleeping, I felt like someone was standing in my doorway. I woke up and looked (I thought it might have been my son wanting something from my room) and he wasn't there. I went back to sleep and during the night, there were 3 separate times where it felt like someone was sitting on the edge of my bed. I don't dream very often, but that night I was dreaming that my parents and my son were...jerking off my neighbor that was giving me problems a couple of months ago. lol My parents or son weren't like that at all. I dreamed the 3 of them had yellow wheelbarrows filled with dirt, garbage and hay... OMG dumping them into my neighbor's yard and I'm yelling at them to stop and come into the house. What a crazy dream!

Anyway, when I woke up the next morning and I went to make coffee, it hit me that my son was working the night before, so he wasn't standing in my doorway. I remembered the dream and the feel of 3 different times of someone sitting on the edge of my bed. I got the biggest smile on my face and felt warmth in my heart. I said, "Thanks Bob, Mom & Dad!" I knew they were here in spirit to help me through what I'm going through. I smiled that entire day.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:11 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
My foster mother was not really my foster mother but I call her that to alleviate having to explain. My paternal mother shouldn't have been a parent, she was mentally ill, due to a very difficult childhood. Thank God, we have moved in across the street from this family when I was five years old. And the mom, was one of the kindest souls I have ever met. My paternal mother worked two jobs to keep us fed and pay the bills....so from the age of 5, I was pretty much alone...

So, I literally grew up with my foster family and followed her around like a puppy dog. I wanted her to so much be my mom. And fortunately for me, she was. When I left my husband, oh, 20 years ago, I moved back home, and stayed in the apartment upstairs in the house we grew up in and helped care for her.

She passed away, 8 years ago....and she was clinically blind. She had this clock, that she would touch, that would tell her the date and time and temperature. Well, after she passed, we girls, would get together and go thru things every Sunday....and every Sunday, that darned clock would go off, as if someone was pushing it, telling us the date, time and temperature, over and over again, for about 5 - 8 times.

It got so, we'd look at each other and say, "She is telling us, it's ok to be doing this".

Then, I had a dream....she had this backer's table in the dining room, it was a beautiful old oak cabinet, that she kept her money in, all stacked up, ones, fives, tens, and twenty's. I dreampt, that I came downstairs, and there she was, no more grey hair, but long blond hair, dressed in a long sleeved white peasants blouse, with tan pants on, that looked sort of like horseback riding jodhpurs...but were actually those pants from the 40's or 50's that they used to wear, to go flying. (my aunt, her sister was a pilot) and she had this long white flowing scarf around her neck....

I said, "Mom, your gone, you can't be here!" but we were unable to communicate....she just looked at me and smiled....and then disappeared?

I believe she was trying to tell me she was going to be with my aunt....as they were very close.

I also believe you have to let them go, otherwise, they will hang around, b/c they feel you need them...and if you don't, they will stay thinking it is their job to protect you and/or to remind you that they are still there with you?

So, what I've done is to tell them, to go on ahead without me...(and I do this outloud) that I'll be ok, and they need to go where they are supposed to be and I'll catch up with them when it's my time to cross over, but they need to live out the next step of their spiritual life now...b/c that is the natural order of things.

Crazy? I don't know...but I surely didn't want mom hanging around thinking that she had to protect me
b/c the natural order of things reminded her and I, that it was time for her to go....her job was well done, and I'd be fine.

If it hadn't been for that wonderful women, I don't know where I'd be today....and I thank God for her, and her family....otherwise, I'd be just like my mother...very abusive, angry and hurtful to others...my paternal mother was extremely negative, hated people with money and hated her own daughter....and it is b/c of my foster mother, that I've had a wonderful life.

She was my bestest friend.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:09 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
What is a paternal mother? Your father's mother, your grandmother? Sorry, I can't understand.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
What is a paternal mother? Your father's mother, your grandmother? Sorry, I can't understand.
no worries, my paternal mother is my real mother, I think? maybe I'm using the wrong word...lol, will have to go look it up?

yanno what, it's maternal, so so sorry....for the confusion....

Old 04-02-2015, 11:01 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
no worries, my paternal mother is my real mother, I think? maybe I'm using the wrong word...lol, will have to go look it up?

yanno what, it's maternal, so so sorry....for the confusion....
Ah, okay, I get it now, creme. Maybe "biological mother" would end confusion. Everybody would know who you meant that way.

Thanks and HAGD!

Old 04-02-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Ah, okay, I get it now, creme. Maybe "biological mother" would end confusion. Everybody would know who you meant that way.

Thanks and HAGD!
I am so sorry, just couldn't find the word, your absolutely right, thank you.....

sometimes that happens...

and you to, thank you

Old 04-02-2015, 03:12 PM

Default Signs

Cremebrulee,

What a beautiful story of signs from your foster Mom. It gave me goosebumps. I know I would have looked forward to Sundays just for those signs. I’m happy that she was able to fill the Mom role model and love you as a child should be loved. You were blessed to have her in your life, which you attribute to your having a good life because of her now.

The facts of your dream of your foster Mom are pretty interesting. I do see it as a sign and I appreciate your interpretation.

I choose to believe that my loved ones are in heaven. My Mom died 25 years ago, my Dad was 17 years ago and my son will be 5 years next month. I don’t believe because I wrote the words that I would give anything to have a group hug from them was somehow summoning them to help me. Maybe I’m misunderstanding your point and I apologize if I am.

I am, however, very open to your opinions on the philosophy of life after death, but I believe that is better suited for a new topic. I’m pretty ignorant to the topic, but maybe you could start a new thread because you seem to be educated on the subject. I would love to see what people have to say!
Thank you so much for contributing your heartwarming signs from your foster Mom!

Old 04-03-2015, 04:56 AM

Quote:
cam1957 Cremebrulee,

I choose to believe that my loved ones are in heaven. My Mom died 25 years ago, my Dad was 17 years ago and my son will be 5 years next month. I don’t believe because I wrote the words that I would give anything to have a group hug from them was somehow summoning them to help me. Maybe I’m misunderstanding your point and I apologize if I am.
Hey Cam, hi, and Good Morning, hope your doing well....
I don't understand this paragraph and don't believe I suggested anything about your circumstance....when I told my story about my foster mom, it was all about us? Really wasn't directing anything towards you...and sorry If I gave you that impression?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning