Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2021, 12:25 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,187,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Tam, I'm still here. I have been ill in one way or another for the past 15 or so months. I'm really worn out. Nothing serious, but there's always one more thing.
Hi, G!!! I am sorry to hear about the past 15 months. Me too kinda, if truth be told. I just haven't felt like talking. My housemates do nothing but talk politics and give me headaches. I AGREE with them but I am SO tired of the talking.

It's been awful hot here. I even sometimes dress like trash around the house and go in the pool when I can't take anymore. I don't go in as much as my housemate though. She's used to a pool all her life, I have never had one, so I tough it out usually.

I have expanded the area of my flowers and bird feeders. It started as just a few feet and a couple of bird feeders. Now I have 1/4 of the backyard, 7 poles with 2, 4, and 6 hangers a piece! 3 different kind of seeds, oodles and oodles of birds and now we have just gotten 2 Black bellied Whistling ducks visiting every day!

I water the flowers every morning just as the sun starts to come up and do the lawn every other day. I water the flowers in the evenings too. I have made myself a lot more work weed whacking with so much area that the riding mower can't get at anymore. I do as much weed whacking as I can before 10 a.m. and if I don't get everything done.....tomorrow!

I still get bitten by red fire ants but not as much. Last week it was only about a dozen bites. Not my whole legs and feet!

I got fully vaccinated but still wear a mask out in public. Still try to give people "space".

Glad to see everyone. G, you take care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2021, 11:41 AM

32,927 posts, read 36,329,197 times
After the barely tolerable three day heat wave (it didn't get up to 106) it's going to be a lovely day. It's 69 and sunny with a cool breeze. I'm either going to wake up or realize that I'm in the Twilight Zone.

Old 07-04-2021, 04:30 AM

3,054 posts, read 2,924,279 times
It's cooled down a bit here in south-central PA the past 3 or 4 days. I've been relishing going out hiking in the morning and not sweating profusely. Tomorrow's supposed to be the start of another heat wave though : ( At least I'll be working most of the week so can't get out to hike then. Friday and yesterday I went on long hikes, about 5 miles each; what I've been wanting to do for a long time since I've quit my garden business! It was just becoming too much for one person and was making me more angry than happy. When I'm getting more frustrated with my plants than at my regular job--that's when I know it's not what's best for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I have expanded the area of my flowers and bird feeders. It started as just a few feet and a couple of bird feeders. Now I have 1/4 of the backyard, 7 poles with 2, 4, and 6 hangers a piece! 3 different kind of seeds, oodles and oodles of birds and now we have just gotten 2 Black bellied Whistling ducks visiting every day!
I've so got to get back to bird feeding since I've got more time now; maybe I'll also expand out to more areas of the yard. There were 7 different woodpeckers (my favorite type of bird!) here last year, so I hope to be able to get them to come back!

Old 07-07-2021, 01:52 PM

I haven't been keeping track of any weather except for here in quite a while. I did happen to hear that you guys further up the coast have been having extremely hot spells. Ugh, I would be whining like a little girl if I was still up there. At least I know what to expect down here. Hot and hotter!

Basilixmimab, I am sorry, I shouldn't be loling at your being angry at your plants but that just struck me as so funny and I could imagine your tone of voice! IDK how many types of Woodpeckers we have. All I know is one type has a "smooth" head and is "normal" sized and one is very large with a huge towering mass of red on top of their heads. Maybe they are male and female of the same type?

69°, G, that sounds lovely indeed. I see you guys are having a nasty time of it right now. TWC talked about someplace other than Florida this afternoon. If Elsa holds together after going over land, you guys in Pa. have her coming up in a couple of days too.

We were super lucky in our little patch of Earth. We got only 6" of rain, the canal did not majorly overflow its banks, the wind did no damage, no tornadoes formed and we didn't loose electricity!!! Other parts of the city were not as lucky. Flooded roads, lose of power.

I like "the day after" storms. It smells so fresh and clean. It is partly cloudy so keeping the temp down a bit and wonderful wind. I miss wind so much.

My landlord wouldn't allow me to bring my feeders in to the garage so I had to leave them out. Not a one of them fell! I was amazed. I was up and out on the lanai at 5 a.m. and couldn't wait for the sun to rise so I could see what happened overnight. I was so pleased. The birdies are just loving all the seed I put down on the ground yesterday in case the feeders broke. I see one of our Blackbirds has a newly broken leg. I wonder how that happened? It has to hop like a Bluejay or Cardinal now and not walk like Blackbird. Doesn't seem to affect it flying. The other Blackbirds don't hassle it either.

I decided this morning that I was going to plant catnip for the cats. Of course I could not just buy the seeds from Amazon and leave the site. I had to go looking for perennial seeds and long planters! Hmmm, I forgot to order potting soil. I will have to go back and order some. I am really addicted to Amazon, or rather buying on line. I do Walmart too. The only time I go IN someplace is when I need groceries or cigarettes.

So long, everyone. Stay safe.

Old 08-07-2021, 09:48 PM

It rained and it's going to cool tonight. Very humid, but that is expected. I at least don't have to pay for cool until the humidity becomes unbearable.

Old 08-08-2021, 08:51 PM

No one is answering their phone. Not my son, highs school friend, or sister.

Old 09-21-2021, 09:53 AM

Hello. It's been a long hot summer down in Florida. I was going to take another trip up to Massachusetts to go see my friends and visit my husband's grave but changed my mind because of Covid. I didn't get it last year when I was up and there were no vaccines but I just don't want to travel so far anymore. At the moment.

I have been fully vaccinated since April and got my flu shot last week, so I am pretty much protected I hope.

I came up with a "brilliant" idea a couple of weeks ago. I have gotten the paperwork to send to the National Cemetery in Mass to disinter my husband and have him shipped down here to the fairly new National Cemetery in Sarasota. That way I can go visit him as much as I want. It would be nbd, he is cremated and no coffin to move, just a small box.

Bought a 2022 Hyundai Tucson a couple of months ago. It has taken me on a tall learning curve! It will even drive itself for short distances! The test drive was fun but after getting it home, I didn't like it so much. I have gotten more used to it now and I can "fix" what I accidentally fumble finger! Radio is really nice....8 speakers.

It is absolutely crazy in my town, North Port, that is where that poor girl, Gabby Petito and that pos bf, Brian Laundrie live. The town is full of news crews, LE, protesters, vigils, you name it! I stay as far away from it as I can even though it is only 5 mins away as the crow flies, if that.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hugs,
tami

Old 09-21-2021, 11:14 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,247,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Hello. It's been a long hot summer down in Florida. I was going to take another trip up to Massachusetts to go see my friends and visit my husband's grave but changed my mind because of Covid. I didn't get it last year when I was up and there were no vaccines but I just don't want to travel so far anymore. At the moment.

I have been fully vaccinated since April and got my flu shot last week, so I am pretty much protected I hope.

I came up with a "brilliant" idea a couple of weeks ago. I have gotten the paperwork to send to the National Cemetery in Mass to disinter my husband and have him shipped down here to the fairly new National Cemetery in Sarasota. That way I can go visit him as much as I want. It would be nbd, he is cremated and no coffin to move, just a small box.

Bought a 2022 Hyundai Tucson a couple of months ago. It has taken me on a tall learning curve! It will even drive itself for short distances! The test drive was fun but after getting it home, I didn't like it so much. I have gotten more used to it now and I can "fix" what I accidentally fumble finger! Radio is really nice....8 speakers.

It is absolutely crazy in my town, North Port, that is where that poor girl, Gabby Petito and that pos bf, Brian Laundrie live. The town is full of news crews, LE, protesters, vigils, you name it! I stay as far away from it as I can even though it is only 5 mins away as the crow flies, if that.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hugs,
tami
Love the new car smell!!

Gabby’s story is so sad. Two young peoples lives are ruined or gone, and two sets of parents are dealing with whole lot of grief….

Old 09-23-2021, 12:55 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,521,271 times
Good to see you posting again tam. I virtually relate to you because my family is all from Mass (dad Maulden, mom Melrose, aunt and uncle/ cousins all lived in Wrentham since the 60's. Grandparents lived in Falmouth, have 2 cousins in Attleboro now. ( I was born in Salem Nh, brother in Metheun, ma. ) Mom and dad lived in Rockport for a bit then Londonderry NH. Grew up half my life in FL, in lighthouse point area, Plantation, then patents were in Stuart for yrs. Grandparents lived in Tampa/Clearwater area and now have an ex SIL that I am still close to in Dunedin.
So I can relate to your Fl/Mass stories. My parents and 2 brothers are buried in Derry NH and I am tentatively planning to take my remaining brother up there mid Oct to go clean up their graves, eat steamers/fried clam rolls/lobster rolls and see the foliage. I always feel closer to my deceased family up there, going to the stores my mom used to shop at, restaurants I would go to with them, etc.

Old 09-27-2021, 01:58 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,521,271 times
Egad...I killed the thread..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning