Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 06:19 PM

6,454 posts, read 3,974,828 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry to hear this. It must be a terrible shock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2021, 07:31 PM

329 posts, read 224,975 times
It is terrible enough to live in constant fear of a loved one's death when you know he or she is involved with drugs, but in your family's case it has to be a profound shock since you weren't aware she had relapsed (if, in fact, she did). I am so sorry for you all.

Old 04-10-2021, 08:18 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,356,381 times
So very sorry for your loss.

Old 04-10-2021, 10:05 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,098,140 times
What an inconceivable & horrific shock this must have been! Even with her prior history, after her doing so well for so long; this was probably the last thing anybody expected. I am so sorry. I wonder if it was a fresh relapse & she wasn't aware that she didn't have the tolerance she used to, if in fact, that was the cause of death.

Your whole family must be devastated.

Old 04-10-2021, 10:09 PM

9,853 posts, read 7,724,981 times
Oh, so very sorry for you and your family. What a terrible shock for everyone.

It's so early, but in time, see if your mom can find a support group for mothers who lost a child. That's an even worse kind of grief. My sweet friend has gone for years and has said many times it's the only thing that got her through.

Take care and don't be surprised if you have random crying spells hit you.

Old 04-10-2021, 10:13 PM

3,264 posts, read 1,743,884 times
My condolences on your loss.

Old 04-10-2021, 11:47 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,375,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Joseph View Post
First off, thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this. I am so glad that I have this forum to be able to post in completely anonymously!

I got a phone call at work on March 29th from my younger brother who could barely talk from shock/grief. My sister and her live-in boyfriend had both been found deceased in their master bedroom. My sister was 46 and her boyfriend 55.

My mom lives just down the road from where my sister lived and they were in contact all of the time. My mom worried a bit when she called my sister on the 28th and she didn't answer the phone. My niece (sister's daughter) started to panic when she repeatedly texted my sister and there was no response then called her and no response. My mom called my brother to meet her & my niece at the house to open the door to make sure everything was okay and my brother unlocked the door with a key he had to my sister's house.

They heard my sister's mobile phone ringing from behind their master bedroom door and tried to open it. Luckily the bedroom door was locked. The police were called to do a welfare check and broke down the bedroom door and found both of them deceased.

It was especially upsetting since the police said they found drug paraphernalia and drug residue in the bedroom. My sister had issues in the past but we all thought that she had been clean for years. She worked full-time, had recently finished her BA degree and was getting ready to buy a house.

I absolutely hate this for my sister, my family and especially my mom. I can't imagine how it felt for her to see one of her kids laid out for viewing.

Sometimes it doesn't seem real and other times I just feel like something just tore part of me away.
i am so sorry for your loss,Marie Joseph.

Old 04-11-2021, 07:25 AM

5,981 posts, read 3,724,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Joseph View Post
First off, thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this. I am so glad that I have this forum to be able to post in completely anonymously!

I got a phone call at work on March 29th from my younger brother who could barely talk from shock/grief. My sister and her live-in boyfriend had both been found deceased in their master bedroom. My sister was 46 and her boyfriend 55.

My mom lives just down the road from where my sister lived and they were in contact all of the time. My mom worried a bit when she called my sister on the 28th and she didn't answer the phone. My niece (sister's daughter) started to panic when she repeatedly texted my sister and there was no response then called her and no response. My mom called my brother to meet her & my niece at the house to open the door to make sure everything was okay and my brother unlocked the door with a key he had to my sister's house.

They heard my sister's mobile phone ringing from behind their master bedroom door and tried to open it. Luckily the bedroom door was locked. The police were called to do a welfare check and broke down the bedroom door and found both of them deceased.

It was especially upsetting since the police said they found drug paraphernalia and drug residue in the bedroom. My sister had issues in the past but we all thought that she had been clean for years. She worked full-time, had recently finished her BA degree and was getting ready to buy a house.

I absolutely hate this for my sister, my family and especially my mom. I can't imagine how it felt for her to see one of her kids laid out for viewing.

Sometimes it doesn't seem real and other times I just feel like something just tore part of me away.
I'm sorry to hear/read of your sister's passing. My condolences to you and your family. I don't know if you want to discuss this or not, so if you don't, please just ignore my question.

I'm curious if the police have investigated the death of your sister and her boyfriend? Since it has been almost 2 weeks now, they may have done so. The thing that made me curious is the fact that the bedroom door was locked. That made me wonder if perhaps they were in the house alone at the time or if there might be other people in the house at the time this happened.

I mean... why would someone go into the bedroom and lock the door behind them if they were alone in their own locked house? Even if they thought that someone might break into their house, would you think or expect that a flimsy privacy lock on a bedroom door would keep an intruder out of the bedroom? Just doesn't add up.

Again, my apologies if it's inappropriate to discuss this. Just ignore this if you like, or respond if you want to discuss it. Thank you.

Old 04-11-2021, 09:28 AM

12,161 posts, read 7,997,139 times
I am so sorry for your loss. This must be absolutely devastating to go through and I cannot imagine the pain you must be feeling.

My friend, just 22, lost his mother to a battle of addiction just this past week in FL. It was a shock, but he is coping through mourning lonesome and by light workouts. Venting has also helped my friend a lot.

If you need to vent or simply post to help during this time, please do! I will also be here to listen if it helps

Old 04-11-2021, 12:03 PM

273 posts, read 207,887 times
I'm sorry for your tragic loss. I can't image what you're going through. Hugs and healing thoughts to you and your family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning