Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 10:44 AM

114 posts, read 101,404 times

Advertisements

They are also "open ejection port" and tend to eject out of the top. They won't hit you in the face for a left-handed shooter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2012, 10:47 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,206,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by APSS109 View Post
They are also "open ejection port" and tend to eject out of the top. They won't hit you in the face for a left-handed shooter.
Yup, it ejects straight up and to the side than the back. As soon as I got home from picking it up I put 50rds through it and it was. Big pistol, but I wasn't buying a CC piece and I like it better than anything I could have bought with a polymer frame.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:08 AM

Have you ever seen a all made in Italy stainless? No two-tone black/stainless controls. Also a 96G Police where the (G) is a decocker instead of a safety. Push it down to decock the hammer. Release it and it springs back up and off.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:19 AM

Better look at that made in Italy stainless limited edition. I tried to get all three in one pic and it came out crappy! LOL The USA stainless have two-tone or black controls. This one, they all match the rest!

Old 01-14-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APSS109 View Post
They do have a firing pin block. The Beretta 92FS...(G), M9 and 96FS...(G) are great guns. I own a 92FS blue, 92FS limited edition made in Italy stainless...and a 96G Police. I've owned my blue 92FS since 2000. I paid $450 for it then!
That means you got a good deal Jordan! Only 70 bucks more over a decade later. Normal price at gun shows I've seen were $575-$600.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:32 PM

The last gun show I saw your choice S&W M&Ps and Glocks for $469! You can't beat that for what you get!

Old 01-14-2012, 06:57 PM

419 posts, read 1,922,784 times
I'm left handed and own several handguns ... revolvers and autos. My suggestion would be the Beretta 92FS as mentioned earlier. I bought mine back in the mid 90's and have fired over 2000 rounds with this weapon. Was at the range yesterday and popped off 150 rounds. This is an excellent firearm for any beginner up to a seasoned shooter. My wife perfers this weapon over any other handgun we own. It has a simple design and very easy to field strip for cleaning. Alway stay with the factory magazines which can be loaded with up to 15 rounds.

IMO stay away from the 1911 format as they have more parts and a bit difficult to break down. Once you get more comfortable move on up the the larger calibers. If you take a CHL class with the semi auto and pass you can carry either an auto or revolver. If you take it with a revolver you can only carry a revolver (no semi auto).

Ammo cost is another consideration (also previously mentioned). The 9mm cost will save you major bucks in the long run over the .38, 380 and 45 acp. Defense loads on all ammo is expensive, but target loads are cheaper. Just don't use the defense loads for target shooting or practice.

After shooting left handed for many years, I have never had a problem with the ejected brass hitting me (more the person to my right). Now I may occasionally smell the gas, but that happens with right handed shooter as well. All semi autos that I own eject the brass to the right. And as stated before, it has never been an issue.

Safety .. Safety first!!! Also get familar with any weapon you purchase before firing it. And always strip it down, inspect and clean it before first firing. NEVER take a weapon just purchased and go out to shoot. It must be inspected and cleaned before firing.

Just my 2 cents....

Old 01-14-2012, 07:12 PM

45 posts, read 100,823 times
The Beretta is a decent pistol but too large for some shooters and too large for most female shooters. 3/4 of the adult female population cannot safely get a proper shooting grip on the Beretta 92FS. This may be a consideration for significant others who need to use the same gun.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:25 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,981,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
If you get into riffles a lever action. Also if I were to go riffle shopping I would look for something with a left hand bolt. I shoot pump action shot guns left handed and really don't have an issue. The shells usually eject far enough to where is doesn't bother me.

The same when shooting a automatic pistol. Once in a while a casing will eject and drop down into my shirt.
Check your extractor tension and button up that shirt.

Actually, collared shirts will catch rounds, as will scoop neck. A 'kerchief around the neck can go a long way in preventing the "hot brass dance".

Old 01-14-2012, 07:51 PM

45 posts, read 100,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Actually, collared shirts will catch rounds, as will scoop neck. o
Important for women to note. Hot brass can leave a mark on the skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting