Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 12:39 PM

593 posts, read 1,378,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Miaugie View Post
Range trolling thread.
This story is not mine but is used to give an example of range troll story .
>Own .300 Winchester Magnum with big f-off Surefire muzzle brake.
>Set up at 300M range to zero mah ****.
>Earplugs in, Sordins on.
>BANG
>To my right, middle aged man flinches like he just dodged a bullet
>To my left, man, son, and daughter with Ruger 10/22 all look visibly upset.
>Believe people five benches to my left and right think I am the biggest A-Holes ever
>Finish my three rounds notice people are packing up to move
>Most go to my right, as more benches are available down there
>Check target, adjust scope, fire another three rounds.
>Almost got it
>Fire off another round
>Hear loud, deafening report from extreme right side of range
>Loud as sh!* through two pairs of ear protection
>Look down
>18-21 year old with M44
>Dat muzzle flash and report
>Guy looks at me with what I can only describe as the most blatent troll face I've ever seen
>Fire my .300 WM
>Fires M44
>duelingrifles.jpg
>People are now
Yeah, i know what you mean. I been on the receiving end of that. Guy in the stall next to me firing 300 win mag, me a 30-06, a father son trying to learn to shoot targets down the way and a couple other people with hand guns. Anyway, with earmuffs his sound didnt bother me. It was the shock wave that kept interfering with my shot placement. So, i started to time my shots 2-3 secs after his and just went with it.

Really, its good to practice while others are shooting bcuz real life situation like self defense probably going to be multiple guns going of at the same time anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 07:38 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Outside cinder block earthen burm style 100 yard large caliber rifle only range. New shooter walks down range to set up targets. While everyone one was still shooting.

Yes he lived to possibly pass on his genes.
And there wasn't a rangemaster or someone to call out "Cease Fire"? There are some really stupid people out there, and some even live long enough to reproduce, but I have not been to a range where someone wasn't tasked with monitor the range for safety.

Though, having less intelligence than the north end of a south bound mule, that should be enough to have restricted this person from being at the range, he is very lucky no one else was a bad shot...

Funniest thing I ever saw at a range was in Hawaii. My first submarine was a diesel boat, (SS-580), and we had to qualify with all weapons yearly, (Though there were several of us who maintain our own weapons off base, and practiced several times a week). One year at the range, someone either mistakenly, (or not, lol), switched the M-14 selector from single fire mode to full auto. The result was, spectacular to say the least, rangemaster laid an egg yelling cease fire, and the guy who was firing full auto, froze, and emptied the mag. I wasn't firing at the time, so behind everyone with the rest of the my department, I was watching with amusement at the circus unfolding.

I laughed at that guy for years to come.

Last edited by Darkatt; 02-14-2012 at 08:55 AM..

Old 02-14-2012, 10:11 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
And there wasn't a rangemaster or someone to call out "Cease Fire"? There are some really stupid people out there, and some even live long enough to reproduce, but I have not been to a range where someone wasn't tasked with monitor the range for safety.

Though, having less intelligence than the north end of a south bound mule, that should be enough to have restricted this person from being at the range, he is very lucky no one else was a bad shot...

Funniest thing I ever saw at a range was in Hawaii. My first submarine was a diesel boat, (SS-580), and we had to qualify with all weapons yearly, (Though there were several of us who maintain our own weapons off base, and practiced several times a week). One year at the range, someone either mistakenly, (or not, lol), switched the M-14 selector from single fire mode to full auto. The result was, spectacular to say the least, rangemaster laid an egg yelling cease fire, and the guy who was firing full auto, froze, and emptied the mag. I wasn't firing at the time, so behind everyone with the rest of the my department, I was watching with amusement at the circus unfolding.

I laughed at that guy for years to come.
No range master on this range. Everyone stopped shooting when we saw him. Some one had an air horn for just such emergencies and used it to get our attention. However he was made to leave by the Range owners after that little incident.

It was a classic Darwin moment.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:46 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,449,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
No range master on this range. Everyone stopped shooting when we saw him. Some one had an air horn for just such emergencies and used it to get our attention. However he was made to leave by the Range owners after that little incident.

It was a classic Darwin moment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting. At our range, if there is not official 'range officer', then the first person there gets the honors.... The ranges have red lights over each station, that flash, when the range is safe to enter.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting. At our range, if there is not official 'range officer', then the first person there gets the honors.... The ranges have red lights over each station, that flash, when the range is safe to enter.
No flashing lights. Its all the honor system at this range. However the owners are very militant and if anyone screws up or steps out of line then they get tossed to the curb and banned.

Amazingly it's in California as well. Imagine that.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:54 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,171,840 times
Has anyone ever had the guy next to you take a hot empty down the back of his neck inside his hoodie? Yeah, it was warm and no big deal right? WRONG!! He starts dancing the *** with his 1911 chambered and cocked with his finger on the trigger sweeping everyone as he's saying OW-OW!!! Mmm...mmm...holy crap!!!

Old 02-14-2012, 11:01 AM

Take it like a man next time and don't be such a p**** about it! We don't want your ready to fire 1911 in our face!!

Old 02-14-2012, 11:09 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,449,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
Has anyone ever had the guy next to you take a hot empty down the back of his neck inside his hoodie? Yeah, it was warm and no big deal right? WRONG!! He starts dancing the *** with his 1911 chambered and cocked with his finger on the trigger sweeping everyone as he's saying OW-OW!!! Mmm...mmm...holy crap!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------

That is why I keep my shirt buttoned to the top, and wear a nice Stetson hat. When it is raining shells, they just bounce off (though at times the guy to my right is less than thrilled when they are flying at him, one ever 100ms).

Old 02-14-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
-------------------------------------------------------------------

That is why I keep my shirt buttoned to the top, and wear a nice Stetson hat. When it is raining shells, they just bounce off (though at times the guy to my right is less than thrilled when they are flying at him, one ever 100ms).
Nothing like a good ol' range hat. We all have our favorites. The guy in sandals, shorts, and a Polo shirt always gets a little nervious when you show up!

Creedence Clearwater Revival: Fortunate Son - YouTube

Old 02-14-2012, 12:53 PM

Nothing like the smell of gunpowder in the air and hot shells bouncing off my head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting