Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 05:02 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
I have not seen the video, but my friend had seen and indicates the 5.7 * 28 round being shot at two milk jugs back to back, it ripped through the first one, and it has a light bit of shrapnel in the second milk jug.

From what I understand the round was designed to dump 90% of it's energy in less than 12".

The first time I had shot my FN PS90, I had called up my best friend, and I told him I was sorry, but I just spent 1400 dollars of his money, for as soon as he would shoot that rifle, he would have to get one of his own, my friend would love it that much. Having a AR-15 and the FN PS90, I will take the FN PS90 every time. I think it is a smoother to shoot; but both are a good platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
I’ve never shot one, so I have to ask “Why?” Is “smoother” the only reason?

TaxPhd, for me it has less recoil, it also it does not have as loud of a report as the AR-15 would have. Again for me it is easier to keep the shot on target and easier for the next shot on target since it does not have very much recoil.

The FN PS90 has a more compact overall design, so it is easier to use in close quarters. Since I own both the AR-15 and the FN PS90, I do think they are both a good platform. If I had to give an edge to either, I would have to give a slim margin to the FN PS90; but it is a very close margin. As John Wayne would put it, I would hate to have to live on the difference between the two.

I would give the advantage of inter change ability to the AR-15; as in more devices and more rails can be added to the AR-15. I would also give the advantage of different total grams of the weight of the bullet advantage to the AR-15.

I would give the overall size advantage to the FN PS90, and I would give standard magazine capacity advantage to the FN PS90.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting