Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 05:18 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times

Advertisements

The new G17 SF 9mm is out and the reviews are outstanding. A really good gun for those with smaller hands and the new recoil spring configuration in that model makes muzzle flip/recoil unnoticeable.

My opinion of the Para is that it requires more attention and tinkering to keep it running reliable. It is fine if you shoot IDPA/IPSC and want to constantly tinker. However, I'm not willing to bet my life on a Para.

For 1911 configuration I think Springfield, Colt are the most reliable and give one the best opporutnity for customization later. A reliable and well kept secret it the CZ Dan Weson 1911 with the Ed Brown parts and mainspring housing. They run as well and as reliable as any higher dollar Ed Brown I've shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 08:33 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,915,172 times
Mac_Muz, yah had me there for a brief minute with this...

"That life swapping did confuse me some in odd ways..."

My aging eyes thought I saw "wife swapping", and I wun'rd how'n the heck you did THAT left-handed versus right-handed. Depends on which side of the bed yur signif-other's laying on, I suppose.

But then I got the hang of what yuz was really sayin' I'm an old kayaker myself, starting out in ocean boating in Vancouver, B.C. Canada, and then progressing to some slight white water (*too scary for me!) and finally, a nice blue Folbot I flew in to various Alaskan wild rivers with my then-teenaged daughter [she was being a typical youthful all-knowing miscreant, and needed an extreme lesson in reality and personal responsibility Nothing like 10 days in the Alaskan bush with an old experience dad, floating a truly wild river (the Koyukuk), to review one's life decisions....].

Anyhow, you folks all enjoy your firearms choices, y'here? There's lots of good stuff out there. In the end tho', remember: practice, practice practice!

Old 04-04-2010, 10:40 AM

263 posts, read 757,471 times
Default I need some help, please....

I have 3 handguns that were my brother's and dad's and they both passed away. I believe, but not 100% sure they are a .22, .44 or .45, and a 357. They are locked in a fire proof lock-box and I don't know where they key is. I believe the guns were all bought no more than 15 years ago. Does anyone know how much those type of guns listed above are worth? I have a friend who is into sporting clays and hunting (although, I don't think those are hunting guns HOPEFULLY as I hate hunting). If they're not worth much I might just give them to her. Can that be done? The guns and my friend are in the state of Pennsylvania.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:50 PM

See my response in the other area you posted this question.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/hobbi...l#post13595585

Old 04-05-2010, 03:14 PM

728 posts, read 1,782,436 times
Personally, I loved my Springfield XD-40 for CCW and home defense. Good solid round, great firearm. But for reliable home defense and if you want to get your wife out there, get a nice SIMPLE .357 Python and drop .38's in at the range for your wife.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven302 View Post
Personally, I loved my Springfield XD-40 for CCW and home defense. Good solid round, great firearm. But for reliable home defense and if you want to get your wife out there, get a nice SIMPLE .357 Python and drop .38's in at the range for your wife.
Please let the wife pick out her own firearm. The one that fits her and suits her best.

Old 04-05-2010, 04:13 PM

1,777 posts, read 4,858,428 times
Just picked out a .38spl cobra arms lightweight shadow series PINK revolver today. Picking it up thursday.

Anyone ever have any experience with modifying revolver barrels? Have a cheap SNS I'd like to try cutting down. TIA

Old 04-05-2010, 06:45 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
JB, sns? Huh?

Old 04-05-2010, 11:31 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
Have a cheap SNS I'd like to try cutting down. TIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
JB, sns? Huh?
At first I thought it might mean 'snubnose' something, but that didn't make much sense, since JB wanted to cut it shorter. That isn't something you'd want to do to a snubnose revolver.

Then it hit me! "Saturday Night Special!" I bet that's what JB was talking about.

Sorry JB, I don't have any experience with shortening barrels.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:21 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,858,428 times
saturday night special, you got it... a cheap throw away that would be fun to play with...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting