Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 08:55 AM

76 posts, read 263,110 times

Advertisements

I need to set up a new bank account down here and am trying to decide between Wachovia and Bank of America. I've looked at their websites and they seem comparable so now I'm looking for personal opinions of both if anyone would mind sharing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 08:56 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,455,750 times
I was a Navy Federal member forever, but I enjoy banking at Wachovia.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:16 AM

26 posts, read 118,203 times
Do not use bank of america they find so many ways to take your money its not even funny. I have never used that bank i now use bb&t and have had no problems other than my stuff not posting till tuesday but i guess that just takes some getting used to.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:33 AM

1,123 posts, read 5,333,333 times
I second BB&T or Towne Bank. I currently use Wachovia, and have had no troubles - but they are in the financial news way to often (not in a good way) and I would switch if it wasn't so much trouble.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:57 AM

76 posts, read 263,110 times
I considered BB&T because I've heard good things but they don't have any branches in CT and with us having our wedding in CT next summer I'd prefer to have the convenience of a bank that's available in both places. Most likely I'll transfer to USAA after I'm married because that's where my fiance's account is, so this may just be temporary. I just don't want to get slammed with a lot of hidden fees so I'm just weighing the pros and cons of each.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:57 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,455,750 times
I travel and there's a wachovia everywhere I go. Alot of banks are in the news, even BB&T. Seems everyone who has lended for mortgages got suckered in by the economy going down hill, but that's no reason to fear a particular bank. FDIC ensures your monies are insured.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:13 PM

162 posts, read 801,827 times
I like Wachovia. We had Sun Trust for awhile, but their customer service was poor. Wachovia has always been on point with their customer service. I used to work in CS at a bank in MD so I am picky! LOL

I am anti-maintenance fees so I like that we can have a no-fee checking account through Wachovia.

I also have two ING accounts. I have savings through them and a new "Electric Orange" checking account. ING's savings pays well over the average in interest and the Electric Orange pays interest as well. ING has also been a terrific bank to work with. I love how the Electric Orange works. If you want more info please feel free to send me a private message! I can send you a link to the site.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:39 PM

328 posts, read 1,540,313 times
Can get a no fee checking account at Bank of America. Money seems to move quicker in your accounts compared to BBT. I have BOTH so I am making my opinion based on the fact I currently use both not "have never used"...

Old 08-09-2008, 08:01 AM

82 posts, read 300,565 times
We use Bank of am for all our business and personal accounts, plus they are a perferrred lended for our real estate co . you can do almost everything online and it moves instantly.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:54 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,058,817 times
I have accts at both (long story) and I have to say that the only benefit to having an acct at B of A is that they are nationwide so they are everywhere! Wachovia, not so much! ~this is one of the reasons why I have both accts!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area