Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 04:34 PM

2 posts, read 4,474 times

Advertisements

We are looking into sea country ourselves right now. We live in az but me and my husband both grew up on the waianae coast and moved 6 years ago and r really homesick. Most of sea country I dont remember even being there before. My husband is haole (white) and he did have some problems growing up there a a white boy. He lived in the roughest area maybe on the whole island at the time (puu haleakala) in nanakuli. He moved later to waianae valley. He'll tell you despite that he's met many good eople there who were great friends and had his back and they call eachother brothers. I lived in makaha, waianae and lua lua lei/hakimo and waianae valley. I grew up in all leeward coast and havnt had any problems at all.
My husband has wanted to move back home for a long time and i recently have wanted to just go back too. That's my jome and where my family is and where I grew up. I have heard that after we moved away the homeless roblems got really bad but heard they have cleaned alot of the beaches up now. Waianae has alot of beautiful beaches (Makaha was my favorite tho i heard tourist are trucked in now so its too crowded now) and the people when you respect them theyl respect you and they get to know you, you are the same as family to them. Id recommend go check the place out, I'm sure you will like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 04:36 PM

2 posts, read 4,474 times
Default maile/leeward side

We are looking into sea country ourselves right now. We live in az but me and my husband both grew up on the waianae coast and moved 6 years ago and r really homesick. Most of sea country I dont remember even being there before. My husband is haole (white) and he did have some problems growing up there a a white boy. He lived in the roughest area maybe on the whole island at the time (puu haleakala) in nanakuli. He moved later to waianae valley. He'll tell you despite that he's met many good eople there who were great friends and had his back and they call eachother brothers. I lived in makaha, waianae and lua lua lei/hakimo and waianae valley. I grew up in all leeward coast and havnt had any problems at all.
My husband has wanted to move back home for a long time and i recently have wanted to just go back too. That's my jome and where my family is and where I grew up. I have heard that after we moved away the homeless roblems got really bad but heard they have cleaned alot of the beaches up now. Waianae has alot of beautiful beaches (Makaha was my favorite tho i heard tourist are trucked in now so its too crowded now) and the people when you respect them theyl respect you and they get to know you, you are the same as family to them. Id recommend go check the place out, I'm sure you will like it.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,961 times
My wife and I spent a week on the Waianae coast at the end of January. We stayed at the Makaha Golf resort so that we would be close to the homes we wanted to see. Everywhere we went we told the locals we were going to move there and had nothing but positive and welcoming comments. We parked our car all day at Long's drugs in Waianae while we toured homes with our realtor. We toured between 8 and 10 homes in the area and found that we want to live in Sea Country. We are going to retire from California, so commuting is not a problem for us. We met several residents of Sea Country including a police officer. He told us that Sea Country is a safe community and that everyone watches out for each other. He also told us that the biggest problem on the whole island is meth - every call he makes is drug related. (Sounds like the mainland.)
Everyone we encountered at Sea country was friendly. One couple invited us into their home to see the layout and the view. They have been there for 7 years and LOVE it.
We drove to the end of the road past Makaha and saw the tents. They are a lot further out than they were 5 years ago and did not seem to bother anyone as they were past the residential areas.
The homes in Sea Country are in our price range and we are looking forward to moving there in the next few months.
You really neeed to visit Sea Country and see for yourself.

Jim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii