Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 01:23 AM

1,872 posts, read 2,816,565 times

Advertisements

Tonight at Ken's Pancake House I went SUMO!
I ate it all, got my t-shirt, but don't think I will eat again for at least a week.
By the way if you go there, make sure and order the hot Pineapple Upside-down Cake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 10:10 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,756,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
Tonight at Ken's Pancake House I went SUMO!
I ate it all, got my t-shirt, but don't think I will eat again for at least a week.
By the way if you go there, make sure and order the hot Pineapple Upside-down Cake.
Aloha, sounds ono Mcfrosty, Mahalo for your great post.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:16 PM

Aloha and Howzit?

There is some great suggestions of ono grindz on this thread. The other day i was searching the internet for a topic for a different thread of mine and ran into this website. Great list of ono grindz gone and still here.

Oahu Eateries Memorialized | The Tasty Island

Old 10-23-2013, 09:11 PM

Aloha and Howzit?

I know i suggested this already but i got a 2nd shipment of stuff that i didnt order the first time around and again i brok da mouth. I ordered some lemon peel and some smoked ika legs and red li hing plum. Plus my normal li hing mango and cuddle fish. What i was impressed with was how the tastes are the same as yick lung crackseed(old school) and how fast and professional this company is, it took only 3 days from order to shipment to get here on mainland. Its a unique taste experience and very addicting if you haven't tried. As im typing im eating the li hing mango and cuddle fish lol.

Crack Seed Center

Old 10-23-2013, 10:03 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,827,377 times
My favorites were:
Soon's Kal Bi in Salt Lake; their Bi Bim Bap, Pul go gi and Fried Man doo are to die for - and I probably would if I continued to eat there.
Siam Kitchen Express in the Waimalu Shopping Center on Kam Hwy in Aiea. Really good Thai for reasonable cost.
Liliha Bakery for the Coco Puffs
Aiea Manapua - everything is good; I particularly loved the Fried Poi and their Chow Fun
I enjoyed breakfast at the Flamingo Restaurant in Pearl City - just loved the hominess friendly people
My grandson loved Bravo's Italian in Pearlridge under the Anna Millers
and finally love the Chantilly Cake from Napoleon's Bakery in Zippy's

Old 10-24-2013, 04:37 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,954,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingAloha View Post
My favorites were:
Soon's Kal Bi in Salt Lake; their Bi Bim Bap, Pul go gi and Fried Man doo are to die for - and I probably would if
Ooh, Soon's Kal Bi made the best plates. They were still around when I left Oahu in 2009.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:03 AM

30 posts, read 42,475 times
Best shave ice in my area is Maili Shave Ice on Hookele St, Waianae. Check it out.

Some places i recommend in Waianae for grindz is
Hannara Restaurant
Barbecue Kai
Waianae Store (great poke)
L&L Drive Inn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii