Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 07:19 PM

139 posts, read 180,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
It's undermined by a helluva lot more than that.

I honestly wouldn't know. I have never met him, and I find that people are often not the same on the internet as they are face to face.

However, he obviously seeks the stimulation of instigation, on the internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2019, 10:19 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,666,240 times
If anyone, especially the OP, read the whole article, then this whole discussion would be moot. Open-D has entirely missed the point of Ms. Hirono's statement. What she said is that activists need to be as totally committed to climate change as those who are totally committed to religion. She said that people need to be more active in leaving their comfort zones and be more assertive on left wing demands. As the article said, her statement falls in line with "the direction that Democrats have been pushing the issue, ramping up calls to take an aggressive approach to combat environmental pollution."

No where in that article does it say that she is denying climate change or saying that it isn't science.

Old 11-25-2019, 10:25 PM

48 posts, read 76,201 times
Sen. Hirono is an embarrassment to Hawaii.

Old 11-26-2019, 06:35 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,554,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
If anyone, especially the OP, read the whole article, then this whole discussion would be moot. Open-D has entirely missed the point of Ms. Hirono's statement. What she said is that activists need to be as totally committed to climate change as those who are totally committed to religion. She said that people need to be more active in leaving their comfort zones and be more assertive on left wing demands. As the article said, her statement falls in line with "the direction that Democrats have been pushing the issue, ramping up calls to take an aggressive approach to combat environmental pollution."

No where in that article does it say that she is denying climate change or saying that it isn't science.
My point is that she thinks that it should be pursued with religious zeal, and that is horrifying and dangerous, IMHO. In other words, she drank the Kool Aid.

Old 11-26-2019, 06:47 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,554,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantastic View Post

I honestly wouldn't know. I have never met him, and I find that people are often not the same on the internet as they are face to face.

However, he obviously seeks the stimulation of instigation, on the internet.
I tried to be nice, but once again, another poster issued an insult. Here, a poster insisted to know my motivations. Who EVER asks another forum member their motivations?

The people who promote this idea have been banging away on it for many decades. First, predicting a return of the Ice Ages, and now warming. Their offerings have been complete with dire predictions of doom, NONE of which have occurred.

Now, in apparent desperation, we are told by no less that a U.S. Senator that it should be pursued with religious zeal.

You are right, however, I do enjoy the stimulation of verbal combat, but acknowledge I need to tone it down.

Old 11-26-2019, 12:46 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,741,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaahumanu View Post
Sen. Hirono is an embarrassment to Hawaii.
No she's not! She's a good, thoughtful legislator.

Old 11-29-2019, 03:56 PM

749 posts, read 852,414 times
This person ran unopposed, says a bit about Hawaii right there, she is 72 years old right now.....at the very Least could we agree that Some folks should just retire before they get all confused about climate, religion, seeing 'fish in the streets' (Mr Gore) and other 'emergency' issues!?! Geeez.

Last edited by tdr22; 11-29-2019 at 04:19 PM..

Old 12-01-2019, 01:52 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,741,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdr22 View Post
This person ran unopposed, says a bit about Hawaii right there, she is 72 years old right now.....at the very Least could we agree that Some folks should just retire before they get all confused about climate, religion, seeing 'fish in the streets' (Mr Gore) and other 'emergency' issues!?! Geeez.
I'm 72 and like Nikki Haley I don't get confused. Sheesh.

Old 12-01-2019, 04:53 PM

416 posts, read 408,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
https://thefederalist.com/2019/11/12...ts-a-religion/

Hawaii Democrat Sen. Mazie Hirono thinks Americans ought to fundamentally change the way they think about climate change, arguing that climate change should be thought of as a “religion” rather than a “science.”

“Believe in climate change as though it’s a religion, it’s not a science,” Hirono encouraged.
Well technically she’s almost got it right.

Our children are just as unsafe around certain members of organized religion as they are with climate change ruining the earth.

Old 12-01-2019, 08:02 PM

749 posts, read 852,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
I'm 72 and like Nikki Haley I don't get confused. Sheesh.
Um, Mazie, Mazie Hirono, not Nikki Haley, yup, Sharp as a tack there..............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii