Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 06:53 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,554,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blau808 View Post
So she said something stupid. You know what's even stupider? Denying that humans can adversely affect the environment and therefore the earth's climate.

Your political leanings are obvious. It's also obvious you consume and regurgitate right-wing talking points such as "the destruction of our prosperity and way of life if the climate change fanatics manage to get their way"

Like, are you kidding me? LMAO

Yes the earth goes through cycles. Yes there are Ice Ages. I suggest you look at the causes of those cycles, and the causes of earth's five mass extinction events. You will see correlations between the environmental changes that brought on those events and the environmental changes that we are contributing to.

Of course I don't expect you to, nevermind the fact that all the world's leading scientists agree on anthropogenic climate change.

Maybe I could point you to a journal article with the most scientist signatories and nobel laureate endorsements ever written:

https://academic.oup.com/bioscience/...2/1026/4605229

But you probably wouldn't read it. We all know you're smarter than them right?
I am a far more astute observer than you. I see past the masks, the BS, the hperbole, the propoganda etc., that appears to be a big part of your daily diet.

The earth, and its climate, will continue to do as it has done in the past, with or without mankind, i.e. to CHANGE. Get that through your obtuse skull. It isn't rocket science. And lay off the Kool Aid.

Don't you understand that the whole, solitary and complete reason behind this hysteria is to diminish your freedom, your lifestyle, your prosperity by people who don't feel you should have it. It isn't anything new.

Ask yourself what is the one thing ALL these movements have in common. Answer: YOU and everyone else, giving up what I set forth above, until you live like a mere beasts. Shivering in the cold, stumbling in the dark and complying with whatever your masters tell you in exchange for that crust of bread they wave in front of your face.

It is, in large part, the history of mankind.

PS Judging from where Obama just bought their new home, they aren't drinking the Kool Aid either. Just serving it up to suckers who guzzle it down like, well..... YOU.

PPS My political learning are easy to discern. I ALWAYS lean toward Freedom (yours included) and against tyranny of ever sort and level. Further, I think that is a good thing. While I AM an ideologue (as set forth above), I am NOT a partisan. I despise both major parties, the DemocRATS and the RepubliCANTS.

Last edited by Open-D; 12-12-2019 at 07:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blau808 View Post
So she said something stupid. You know what's even stupider? Denying that humans can adversely affect the environment and therefore the earth's climate.

Your political leanings are obvious. It's also obvious you consume and regurgitate right-wing talking points such as "the destruction of our prosperity and way of life if the climate change fanatics manage to get their way"

Like, are you kidding me? LMAO

Yes the earth goes through cycles. Yes there are Ice Ages. I suggest you look at the causes of those cycles, and the causes of earth's five mass extinction events. You will see correlations between the environmental changes that brought on those events and the environmental changes that we are contributing to.

Of course I don't expect you to, nevermind the fact that all the world's leading scientists agree on anthropogenic climate change.

Maybe I could point you to a journal article with the most scientist signatories and nobel laureate endorsements ever written:

https://academic.oup.com/bioscience/...2/1026/4605229

But you probably wouldn't read it. We all know you're smarter than them right?
One more point. Your Freedom that is being placed at continual risk by these endless attacks is your freedom to use energy. Yes, to use energy, the one thing that is capable of lifting man out of the dirt. Power to saw wood, make concrete, smelt steel, light, heat and cool your house, produce and deliver potable water, on-and-on-and-on.

There is now a trend, perpetuated by this same anti-freedom agenda, to ban the installation of gas appliances in new residences, forcing people to install electric alternatives. Of course, smart elect meters means your electric consumption is already being monitored, and we are forcing everything onto the already-overloaded grid. A perfect storm of pretense and control....over you.

Bit-by-bit, facet-by-facet, we are being boxed in, and many of us are so stupid, we are helping, gulping Kool-Aid by the gallon.

Old 12-12-2019, 09:54 AM

10,552 posts, read 7,750,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
I am a far more astute observer than you. I see past the masks, the BS, the hperbole, the propoganda etc., that appears to be a big part of your daily diet.

The earth, and its climate, will continue to do as it has done in the past, with or without mankind, i.e. to CHANGE. Get that through your obtuse skull. It isn't rocket science. And lay off the Kool Aid..
Laugh of the day. Thanks!

The climate inside your enclosed garage will CHANGE too, when a car is left running. No worries though, carry on in there. You will adapt just fine.

Old 12-12-2019, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
Laugh of the day. Thanks!

The climate inside your enclosed garage will CHANGE too, when a car is left running. No worries though, carry on in there. You will adapt just fine.
Serious discussion, please. Leave the comedy show at the door. Thanks so much.

If you think there is any parity between a car in a garage, and man's industrialization on the planet, you are deluding yourself, or worse.

Let me put it in a better context for you.

A birthday cake candle in a 5,000-car multi-level open-sided parking garage. The "weather", i.e. heat, cold, wind, rain snow, humidy, dry air, etc., that comes in through the open sides of the parking structure overwhelms and renders null any affect the candle has in any real or meaningful sense.

Mull that over, ol' chum!

Last edited by Open-D; 12-12-2019 at 10:31 AM..

Old 12-12-2019, 10:48 AM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,571,651 times
Quote:
Serious discussion, please. Leave the comedy show at the door. Thanks so much.

BWHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! You should take the show on the road, you're killin it!!!!

Old 12-12-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
BWHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! You should take the show on the road, you're killin it!!!!
Instead of mockery, while don't you try substantive, meaningful, grown up dialog?

And whatever happened to those Uuuuurrps and Skuuze me's that was your Trademark?

Last edited by Open-D; 12-12-2019 at 11:00 AM..

Old 12-12-2019, 11:24 AM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,571,651 times
Quote:
Instead of mockery, while don't you try substantive, meaningful, grown up dialog?
Grown up dialog in response to WHAT? You may as well start a thread exhorting your view that the earth is flat, and the sun revolves around it, as spew that crap you're trying to sell.

And come onto a Hawaii forum, where you know damned well that the majority of the residents are democrats, accuse them of being traitors, while simultaneously insulting Senator Hirono?

Ha'awi mai imaha, give me a break.

Old 12-12-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Grown up dialog in response to WHAT? You may as well start a thread exhorting your view that the earth is flat, and the sun revolves around it, as spew that crap you're trying to sell.

And come onto a Hawaii forum, where you know damned well that the majority of the residents are democrats, accuse them of being traitors, while simultaneously insulting Senator Hirono?

Nice attempted Red Herring, but no, the earth isn't flat, and I never said it was, and it isn't being destroyed by the climate changing, under whatever combination of factors. You may think so, but Obama, who just sunk multiple of millions in a seaside mansion, must not. Nor Algore who still lives in his palace despite his warnings of doom and gloom.

You have to learn how to read. My comments, viz-a-viz traitors started with the initials DNC. That stands for The Democratic National Committee, i.e. the leadership head of the Democrat party, NOT the rank and file. You might be a member of that august body, since for you, like them, truth appears to be a meaningless concept of no import.
'
I'm sooooo sorry to have insulted the esteemed Senator when I said

"...about Mazie Hirono, she's terrible. Worst approval rating in the senate, and I think someone said you could shoot Mazie in the Senate, with everyone watching, and there would be no witnesses.."

Oh, wait a minute. I didn't say that, YOU did, so get off your high horse of pretended-insult about Crazie Mazie. You embarrass yourself gravely AND repeatedly

Just one question. How long do you wait for the predicted doom and gloom etc., to arrive before you accept that you were duped? After all, its been nearly half-a-century so far. Yes, this BS started back in the 1970s when dire predictions of an Ice Age were proffered if we Americans didn't start living like church mice wiki-wiki.

Aloha, He naʻaupō ʻoe

Last edited by Open-D; 12-12-2019 at 12:51 PM..

Old 12-12-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:

One more thing, and this is the most insulting thing you said in your "response"

The so-called "crap (I) am trying to sell", is nothing more than YOUR freedom, YOUR liberty, YOUR prosperity and preserving it from the people, who, if they had their way, would reduce you to peasantry sans energy to better your life. No oil, no gas, no coal, no wood, no nuclear, no wind (kills birds) not even whale oil.

AOC, the prime mover in the House of this agenda, plans to ban planes in 10 years!

And you, in your condescending tone, call my efforts to preserve YOUR (and everyone else's) freedom crap. I seek only to preserve your freedom, not diminish it whatsoever.

To be honest, you don't deserve freedom, you don't rate liberty and you certainly don't merit energy.

Don't bother to respond, you have nothing to say. He naʻaupō ʻoe

Old 12-12-2019, 01:45 PM

206 posts, read 186,467 times
Quote:

The earth, and its climate, will continue to do as it has done in the past, with or without mankind, i.e. to CHANGE. Get that through your obtuse skull. It isn't rocket science. And lay off the Kool Aid.

Don't you understand that the whole, solitary and complete reason behind this hysteria is to diminish your freedom, your lifestyle, your prosperity by people who don't feel you should have it. It isn't anything new.

Ask yourself what is the one thing ALL these movements have in common. Answer: YOU and everyone else, giving up what I set forth above, until you live like a mere beasts. Shivering in the cold, stumbling in the dark and complying with whatever your masters tell you in exchange for that crust of bread they wave in front of your face.

It is, in large part, the history of mankind.

PS Judging from where Obama just bought their new home, they aren't drinking the Kool Aid either. Just serving it up to suckers who guzzle it down like, well..... YOU.

PPS My political learning are easy to discern. I ALWAYS lean toward Freedom (yours included) and against tyranny of ever sort and level. Further, I think that is a good thing. While I AM an ideologue (as set forth above), I am NOT a partisan. I despise both major parties, the DemocRATS and the RepubliCANTS.
It's not even worth trying to convince people like you. I gave you a peer-reviewed scientific article which as I predicted, you ignored. Are you scared of facts? Do you doubt science? Are you scared of anything that would burst your bubble of misinformation?

Please provide me some peer-reviewed sources for YOUR beliefs and I may just change my mind.

We'll wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii