Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 02:05 AM

2 posts, read 4,784 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,
Referring to Hawaii, people immediately think of the beaches, extremely hot samba dances. Hawaii is a place that anyone should go once in a lifetime if given the chance. I don't know why Hawaii is such a good place to travel? Can you tell me?
Thanks everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2021, 09:28 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,894,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenGraves View Post
extremely hot samba dances
One would be better served going to Brazil for a "hot samba dance"

Old 03-31-2021, 09:54 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
The best reason to visit Hawaii is the natural beauty that cannot be found anywhere else in the USA. There are beaches all along the Atlantic, Pacific, and Gulf Coasts, but not with the clear water, reefs with abundant tropical wildlife, rainforests, waterfalls and mountains. The other major attraction is that in the mainland winter, November-March, Hawaii it's 66-80F, with only occasional rain, so people can escape the snow and cold by vacationing there.

Old 03-31-2021, 10:32 AM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
The best reason to visit Hawaii is the natural beauty that cannot be found anywhere else in the USA. There are beaches all along the Atlantic, Pacific, and Gulf Coasts, but not with the clear water, reefs with abundant tropical wildlife, rainforests, waterfalls and mountains. The other major attraction is that in the mainland winter, November-March, Hawaii it's 66-80F, with only occasional rain, so people can escape the snow and cold by vacationing there.
“... occasional rain.” I wouldn’t call it occasional. But yeah, great weather even with the frequency of rain ... which keeps so much greenery happy

Old 03-31-2021, 11:15 AM

Location: Southernmost tip of the southernmost island in the southernmost state
982 posts, read 1,161,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
“... occasional rain.” I wouldn’t call it occasional. But yeah, great weather even with the frequency of rain ... which keeps so much greenery happy
It only rains on days ending in "y"....

Old 03-31-2021, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassyknoll View Post
Now that you mention it ... I stand corrected ...

Old 03-31-2021, 12:12 PM

10,545 posts, read 7,735,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassyknoll View Post
Only 76.48 inches of rain at my place so far in 2021, but who's counting?

Old 03-31-2021, 02:20 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
Only 76.48 inches of rain at my place so far in 2021, but who's counting?
But depending on the island and which part of the island it varies greatly, you have many microclimates. Honolulu, for example averages only 17"/year, but Waimea Falls Park gets 54". Here in Sammamish, WA we get 64", so anywhere on Oahu is less. Maui ranges from 17" at Makena State Park to over 79" in Hana. When we were there last it was just brief, but heavy showers. In the NW corner of our state Forks, WA gets 110", matched in Hawaii only by Hilo on the Big Island. So you see why people here in Washington like to vacation in Hawaii even in your rainy season.

Old 03-31-2021, 02:29 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,143,628 times
Hawaii is so special that it offers magnificent scenery and jaw dropping experience. Most of them are easily accessible.

Hanauma Bay, Diamond Head hike, Arizona Memorial, Big Island Volcano Park, Haleakala National Park in Maui, surfing, snorkeling, hiking,.....etc. In addition, it is quite exotic like visiting a foreign country without the humbug of passport. People are mostly friendly, generally safe, and gun violence is rare.

And the most important thing is the predictable weather -- most likely sunny and hot but tolerable. There are many places in the world that weather is so unpredictable which ruin your travel plan.

Old 03-31-2021, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
But depending on the island and which part of the island it varies greatly, you have many microclimates. Honolulu, for example averages only 17"/year, but Waimea Falls Park gets 54". Here in Sammamish, WA we get 64", so anywhere on Oahu is less. Maui ranges from 17" at Makena State Park to over 79" in Hana. When we were there last it was just brief, but heavy showers. In the NW corner of our state Forks, WA gets 110", matched in Hawaii only by Hilo on the Big Island. So you see why people here in Washington like to vacation in Hawaii even in your rainy season.
Sure. But, especially in winter, even south shore Honolulu has very frequent rains. Often brief, sometimes a few hours - then sun? Yeah. Also not uncommon to have 4-5 days or even a week straight of heavy rains with 20-30 knot winds. It’s warm though

I’m up at my cabin in the San Juan Islands of Washington now ... doing my Covid isolation for a year straight. Rain most days from Nov -Feb / March ... also frequently with high winds ... ... and 35 degree days ... brrrrrrr!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii