Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2020, 07:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,414 times

Advertisements

I had applied for medical for me and my daughter, but the father of my child was not in the picture until couples months ago we found each other and told him about our daughter. So we got married and moved in and I had to report to public social services of this changes and the person who helped my comment about how if I do not report this then it would be considered fraud and let me thinking would this be considered fraud and how if the father of my child did not know of the existence of our daughter. I am so scared now, what am I supposed think now??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2020, 04:58 PM

2 posts, read 2,384 times
Hey, can you tell me what ended up happening after you reported it? I am in the same boat as you now and am really worried

Old 09-23-2020, 04:59 PM

2 posts, read 2,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth gonzalez View Post
Hi I am desperate not sleeping and probably getting sick so here it goes :

texas:
My husband and I apply for medicaid for my 2 sons and got approved for medicaid then chip then again medicaid in the past 5 years, last year January 2014 we got the renewal forms and I was not working at that time, things haven't been easy and we pretty much are in debt my husband suffers from anxiety and I started working on july 3 2014 I did not report this change because I did not know I was required to do so. now I just receive a letter for my husband to take to his employer and 1 form to my sons doctor so we can renew their medicaid. Apparently they haven't found out that I am working and reading this letter now I know that I can serve jail time or even been prosecuted for fraud in they have a penalty of 250 000 dlls. What can I do? Someone experience this? Should we wait until expires and then apply again now telling them that I work...? Will they ask me since when I worked? Please I am not eating not sleeping pretty much I want to die right now I have so many problems and I only have a part time job at walmart ... What is going to happen if I tell them.. or if I dont tell them they will eventually find out? PLEASE HELP ME
Hey, can you tell me what ended up happening after you reported it? I am in the same boat as you now and am really worried

Old 10-03-2020, 04:33 PM

4 posts, read 3,840 times
My story...

I haven't been working since January due to COVID and I got a letter saying I was up for renewal in March and they wanted current check stubs. I don't have any to show and I have lost my paper. When I call its a 60min wait and it hangs up. and since the emergency medicade bill passed they sent me another letter saying I will be covered until Oct. 23, 2020 and based on what I have on file they will deny or renew. Now, what I have on file is a check stub from 2019. They have nothing from me for this year and I didn't know I was required to send anything in.

Can someone help me on what will happen or what to do?

Old 10-03-2020, 06:10 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,951,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasgirl00 View Post
My story...

I haven't been working since January due to COVID and I got a letter saying I was up for renewal in March and they wanted current check stubs. I don't have any to show and I have lost my paper. When I call its a 60min wait and it hangs up. and since the emergency medicade bill passed they sent me another letter saying I will be covered until Oct. 23, 2020 and based on what I have on file they will deny or renew. Now, what I have on file is a check stub from 2019. They have nothing from me for this year and I didn't know I was required to send anything in.

Can someone help me on what will happen or what to do?
The federal legislation that was passed earlier this year says that anyone who has Medicaid as of March 18 2020 is not to lose their Medicaid for any reason, unless they say they do not want the coverage anymore, or they move out of state (which means they have to reapply in their new state).

I would inquire about what other documents you can send in.

I work for the NY Exchange, and we aren't even requiring proof of income documents from people who are pending for Medicaid, because too many people aren't able to get a letter showing the end date of their employment from the business they were working for. We're also auto-renewing everybody who has a renewal due up to the end of these year who has Medicaid, Essential Plan or a child in CHP.

Old 10-03-2020, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
The federal legislation that was passed earlier this year says that anyone who has Medicaid as of March 18 2020 is not to lose their Medicaid for any reason, unless they say they do not want the coverage anymore, or they move out of state (which means they have to reapply in their new state).

I would inquire about what other documents you can send in.

I work for the NY Exchange, and we aren't even requiring proof of income documents from people who are pending for Medicaid, because too many people aren't able to get a letter showing the end date of their employment from the business they were working for. We're also auto-renewing everybody who has a renewal due up to the end of these year who has Medicaid, Essential Plan or a child in CHP.

Thank you for replying. I don't have proof of anything for this year. Life has been crazy this year. What about January and February? I just don't want anything criminal to happen. It's really bothering me.

Old 10-04-2020, 06:39 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,951,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasgirl00 View Post
Thank you for replying. I don't have proof of anything for this year. Life has been crazy this year. What about January and February? I just don't want anything criminal to happen. It's really bothering me.
Not sure about Texas, but in NY, if you lose it in January or February 2020 (or before) you have to reapply again. If it is through the NYS Marketplace it's just a simple matter of updating the information on the account and re submitting it. That's one part of my job, helping folks update their info.

Old 10-04-2020, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Not sure about Texas, but in NY, if you lose it in January or February 2020 (or before) you have to reapply again. If it is through the NYS Marketplace it's just a simple matter of updating the information on the account and re submitting it. That's one part of my job, helping folks update their info.

I understand all states are different. I apparently had coverage January- February. My children have been to the doctor once January 2020 and twice video chat in July 2020. Thats it.

March they sent a renewal letter (I lost the paper) I was going to let the renewal expire at the end of the month. Than, I received a letter saying my renewal was automatically extended to Oct. 23. When I called the automatic hot line yesterday it said they weren't sending renewal forms at this time.

Last edited by Texasgirl00; 10-04-2020 at 08:49 AM..

Old 10-10-2020, 06:27 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,039,806 times
You must follow the law when applying for Medicaid. Contact your state dept of social services if you think you may have an error in your application. Understating or failing to disclose income is a serious issue and you may be responsible for restitution. Best to take care of it immediately.

As a reminder, resources that could have gone toward legitimate health concerns are lost when Medicaid fraud takes place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance