Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 04:31 AM

665 posts, read 1,730,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Uh, there is something called "eating", one of the purposes of this crazy task is to replace what you lose via various bodily functions.

A lot of nerve damage from caffeine consumption...........erm, most likely not.

hhahaha ok, drink up bubba
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 10:54 AM

2,754 posts, read 6,108,073 times
If the caffeine is messin' with your sleep you need to cutback a little. Try drinking "half-caff" which will, well....cut the caffeine in half. LOL. Or mix it yourself: half decaf and half regular in your cup.
Or Green Tea can be good. It has about one-third the caffeine of coffee. Plus it's loaded with anti-oxidants which are very healthy.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:48 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,820,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlquebec102 View Post
My short history with coffee has been really weird. I started drinking it regularly since I was 16 or 17. Having a cup in the morning would keep me awake and normal for the day. If I had another cup in the afternoon I would be also be good and I'd be able to fall asleep normal at night at the time I wanted to (around 10, 11, 12, etc.).

But I noticed that ever since I turned 18, coffee has been treating me different. Having just one cup in the morning would give me a hard time falling asleep later at night. Why? It's just one cup. Why did it start treating me differently? I decided to stop drinking it and I've been kinda good without it for nearly a year now. I'm turning 20 in a month and I just started drinking it again because I now work as a cashier-stocker in a store and it requires me to be more alert. It takes a while for me to fall asleep though because of just that 1 cup of coffee I have in the morning.

Anyone know why coffee does this to me? Something happens in your body when you turn 18 or is it just my body?
I had the same issue, but I didn't start drinking coffee until I was in my twenties. At first, no big deal. I could have a cup after dinner and go to sleep immediately afterwards, but now I notice a real difference even if I just have a cup with breakfast.

I have no idea why this happens, but it isn't really necessary to understand that it isn't good for me. It may have no such effect on other people, but it messes with my sleep patterns - so I quit. Mostly.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:37 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,481,372 times
Are you stressed out now or do you have a lot more anxiety than you did at 16 or 17? That can make a big difference as well.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:04 PM

240 posts, read 421,408 times
I started drinking coffee, 1 cup a day, since I got sober over a month ago. But I don't have more than 1 cup and I only drink it at meetings that I go to. But that's pretty good, it's not like I drink it all day, no way...

Old 08-12-2011, 12:07 PM

240 posts, read 421,408 times
Caffeine revs up the heartbeat and the circulation in your body. And when you have a lot of caffeine (either by coffee or soda) you are going to experience some serious insomnia. It tries to keep the body active, not resting.

So, maybe, lay-off on the coffee for a few days and only drink it on a special occasion or when you go out to breakfast with a friend or loved one. Save it for that, maybe.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:09 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,128,165 times
OP, did you also start drinking anything else that might contain caffeine, that you don't know is there. Nearly all soft drinks, for example.

Old 08-12-2011, 08:10 PM

433 posts, read 1,372,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
OP, did you also start drinking anything else that might contain caffeine, that you don't know is there. Nearly all soft drinks, for example.
Nope. Wasn't drinking anything new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness