Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 05:26 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,015,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
I don't feel depressed, I am very busy and successful running two internet businesses from home, have an easy going lifestyle and a great dog and get regular exercise.

I am in peri-menopause, so that could be it...it's a little up and down for me.

PS if you are depressed and you don't know it, what do you do? IMHO the pharmaceuticals have too many risks and side effects to take if you don't even feel depressed.

There ya go..lol..I was going to ask you how old you were....

If you haven't seen your OBGYN about your peri menopause, do so...I thought I was too young, but nope..here I am...fun, fun, fun... My dr put me on the pill...best thing I ever did..I sleep at night without sweating a puddle, I can think straight ( somewhat ) I can actually function and be around people and not want to kill them within 30 seconds.

You can try some Tazo Rest Tea in the evening..it helps you relax and does help you sleep..but, like I said...see your doctor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 08:38 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
When I have to, I take 1 mg of Melatonin and it kicks.My.Trash. I would probably die if I took 10 mg....haha.
You're lucky, it does nothing for me.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:51 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Quote:
When I have to, I take 1 mg of Melatonin and it kicks.My.Trash. I would probably die if I took 10 mg....haha.

you're fortunate then. I think I could take an entire bottle and not get drowsy.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:36 AM

558 posts, read 1,120,573 times
I have this weird thing going on where I get tired, as most people do before going to bed, but once I'm in bed I get a surge of energy and can't shut my mind down. Then only sleep 5 hours or so. Then the next day I'm unrested and cranky, like right now as I type this.
I've always had sleep problems though. Just sucks.
I've tried melatonin and Nyquil sleep (which has the exact same ingredient as Benadryl for you how didn't know it's just sly marketing). Nothing makes me fall asleep.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:40 AM

5,851 posts, read 5,279,150 times
How much caffeine do you have? How much exercise do you get? Try cutting down on caffeine & increasing your exercise. It couldn't hurt to try.

Cat

Old 04-14-2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
How much caffeine do you have? How much exercise do you get? Try cutting down on caffeine & increasing your exercise. It couldn't hurt to try.

Cat
Well I don't drink coffee, ever, because I hate it and I don't drink soda. Really all I drink is water, and never alcohol. I exercise daily. My body gets exhausted but once I lay down my mind drifts into thoughts and I just cant shut it down.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:26 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,279,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger76 View Post
Well I don't drink coffee, ever, because I hate it and I don't drink soda. Really all I drink is water, and never alcohol. I exercise daily. My body gets exhausted but once I lay down my mind drifts into thoughts and I just cant shut it down.

Someone else who hates coffee. I also hate soda, too. But, tea is my bane, & I am also a waterholic.

I know some people have suggested melatonin. I did try that once and it really caused me to have a break down (but my kitchen was REALLY clean ) so just be careful if you take it. Like others had suggested, you might want to see a doc. There could be something that is cause it that may be treatable.

Cat

Old 04-14-2014, 04:38 PM

Thanks Cat. My doc is aware of it and has prescribed me a few different sleep aids and none worked. I even tried a high dose of Serequil because both my doctors agreed that would "do the trick" but nope, still just laid there for 2 hours and finally fell asleep, but it was a light sleep as always.

I think they kinda gave up on me as far as my sleep issue, I have to, I just live with it.

Yeah Coffee, yuck!!!

Old 04-16-2014, 02:29 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times
Quote:
I take the 3mg of Melatonin quite regularly and it's perfect for me. If I'm already tired by 9 p.m., then I skip it.

Old 04-16-2014, 03:25 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,621,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger76 View Post
What do you do before you attempt to sleep? If you're on the computer or watching TV, then your brain will have more problems shutting off. It takes me a long time to sleep too, but it always helps when I read. That makes me pretty tired. I would recommend just doing relaxing things that aren't really stimulating your brain before you sleep.

To all discussing melatonin, the OP (from a year ago) and this recent poster said it doesn't work for them. So I don't know why people keep discussing it and suggesting it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness