Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 10:58 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,043,863 times

Advertisements

There is already a shortage of doctors. Some are limiting the number of patients they take on. If you don't return and come to regret it, you may not get a second chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 05:45 AM

486 posts, read 863,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
I see your dilemma but I think purehuman makes a good point. A good doctor that you feel comfortable with is worth a lot. I would go back.
Something to consider, at the end of your next appointment, you might (calmly, politely) tell the doctor that you feel a little frustrated that you are paying full price for your past visits, cash, from before you had coverage, and that they would not be flexible with the price at all, and ask her if she knows if there is anyone else you might talk to in the office. Can't hurt to ask and she might be able to help or point you in the direction of someone more helpful in the business office.
Go with your gut feelings regarding the doctor. If you trust & like the doctor try to keep him/her.
I would talk to him about your financial situation. I had a great doctor and 2 years ago he changed
his practice by reducing the number of his patients and charging an annual fee of $2500.00 which
included a free check up and lab work. After that, you would either pay or could file with insurance.
This is becoming popular and is known as "conceirge" doctors (also called boutique doctors).
Anyway, since I was a patient with him for several years, he gave me a scholarship where I didn't
have to pay the 2,500 because he knew I couldn't afford that.
So, maybe if you talk to him he can help you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness