Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 07:18 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,281,607 times

Advertisements

For people with recurring boils, you may consider if you have Hidratenitis Suppurativa. It is not particularly common, except in people with insulin issues (diabetes, PCOS, insulin resistance).

Quote:
Considered a severe form of acne (acne inversa), hidradenitis suppurativa occurs deep in the skin around oil (sebaceous) glands and hair follicles. The parts of the body affected — the groin and armpits, for example — are also the main locations of apocrine sweat glands.

Hidradenitis suppurativa tends to start after puberty, persist for years and worsen over time. Early diagnosis and treatment of hidradenitis suppurativa can help manage the symptoms and prevent new lesions from developing.

Hope this helps someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 01:21 PM

7,125 posts, read 12,659,449 times
It's important to treat the inside of the body--diet--as well as the external boil. There's some good info on this Web site: Natural treatments for boils

Note that sugar can contribute to their formation, so cutting out soft drinks and other sugary foods is a good idea. Drink lots of clean pain water. Lots of green vegetables. Avoid white carbs.

I've had wonderful good luck with treating cysts and one boil with the application of Tea Tree oil 2-3 times a day. They're gone within a few days and drain on their own.

Must keep affected area very, very clean, change clothes often and keep dirty fingers away from the area.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:41 PM

2 posts, read 19,411 times
If you will google Hidradentitis Suppurativa (HS) and gluten free diet you will find some of my posts where people with HS have gone into remission by changing their diet. we cannot tolerate the gluten grains, rice, other grains, sugar, white potatoes, and no dairy or soy. In addition to that some of us have a reaction to caffeine, chocolate, nuts and seeds. A lot of us have the rice, nuts and chocolate which will trigger HS breakouts and pain. Not sure why but it seems that for a lot of us that these three intolerance go together.
jeanne

Old 03-19-2011, 08:09 PM

339 posts, read 1,287,209 times
Default One of the worst friggin pain ever...boils

Yesterday I noticed I was developing a bump between my legs where my thigh attaches to my pelvis. At first it was just uncomfortable early in the day, but as the day progressed and I moved around more it got unbearably painful.

Today I went to the hospital, but I did some searching online trying to figure if it was a hemorrhoid, hernia, or a genital wart. But once I realized it was a boil and not some STD I didn't even make it to the triage as the waiting was not making issues better. So I just left.

Well, not too long ago 1 of them finally burst...and it was so disgusting my God. But there is still a large area...close to 2 inches that is still swollen and painful, but the most painful one that was making me unable to walk straight seem to have went.

But, I'm still debating whether I should go back to the hospital to have it drained or should I just wait it out?

Old 03-19-2011, 08:31 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,522,738 times
I had one that limited my mobility for nearly a week. It was that bad and from that point forward about 10 years I suffered with them. For long term relief I took turmeric capsules. You can also add this spice to your cooking. I am no longer doing that but I haven't had one in quite awhile so I quit taking them. It seems as I've gotten older their occurrence has grown fewer until now maybe I'm too old to get them.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:56 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,453,176 times
For Boils or blisters ie Herpes type, if you already have them and they are painful, making a paste of Slippery Elm Powder and a little water to put on the boil REALLY HELPS stop itching and pain AND it seems to help absorb toxins and helps the area drain and heal faster. I would try to change it at least three times per day. You can get Slippery Elm powder either in capsules and empty them or in bulk at some good health food stores or Whole Foods or online.

[You can also take Slippery Elm internally to normalized the digestive tract. I've read accounts for life long Chrone's disease patients at their wits end finally started taking Slippery Elm and started to have normal bowel movements for the first time in their lives.]

Another thing that NEVER HURTS is to treat any skin issue several times per day with a good brand(10 PPM strength) of Colloidal silver such as Sovereign Silver or Futurebiotics. It is a natural anti-bacterial; anti-fungal; anti-viral and it can be taken internally too. It tastes and looks like water and is VERY gentle and therefore since it only stays in your body a few hours at a time you need to take it several times a day. I use it whenever I feel anything coming on. It is a great Immune strengthener too. It is really a medicine chest in a bottle.

Finally something called "The Skin Gel" by Herbal Aloe Force is great if you want to be a little more aggressive. I might not use it on a boil because it might cause more pain because it is designed to GET RID OF whatever isn't supposed to be there.

I've used it for a Seborrheic Keratosis that I had for years on the side of my breast that was getting bigger and I wanted to get rid of it. I put it on religiously and after about a week it started to tingle and even hurt a little so I knew it was working. After about 2-3 weeks the entire thing was gone. It had dug the whole thing out roots and all and eventually it healed back over.

I also have used it to remove a big skin tag I had on my inner thigh. I just kept applying it; didn't feel anything for a week or so and then a few days later it just fell off. No pain or tingling.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:12 AM

2 posts, read 23,022 times
If you have a lot of boils you probably have Hidradenitis Supporative. I have it and like most people with it I went undiagnosed by doctors for 15 years. Check this link to read symptoms. Hidradenitis suppurativa - MayoClinic.com . It's called HS by those who have know. It's great to put a name to your desease as you can begin to do your own research. I run a support group on FaceBook called The HS Diet Connection for those HS sufferers using diet change to help there HS. Its a private group so you have to request to join. Here is the link to the group : http://www.facebook.com/groups/hsand...okmark_t=group

Old 02-16-2014, 10:55 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,453,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgoodys View Post
If you have a lot of boils you probably have Hidradenitis Supporative. I have it and like most people with it I went undiagnosed by doctors for 15 years. Check this link to read symptoms. Hidradenitis suppurativa - MayoClinic.com . It's called HS by those who have know. It's great to put a name to your desease as you can begin to do your own research. I run a support group on FaceBook called The HS Diet Connection for those HS sufferers using diet change to help there HS. Its a private group so you have to request to join. Here is the link to the group : http://www.facebook.com/groups/hsand...okmark_t=group
I never had a lot of boils. However ANY skin problem is just an indication that your body is trying to rid itself of wastes. If you have skin issues, since your skin is your third kidney, it probably means your regular kidneys aren't filtering out cellular wastes. Having clear urine is an indication of that. Your urine is supposed to be cloudy. The sediment/particles in the urine are the waste products from the hundred trillion cells that make up your body. If your urine is clear, your body stores the wastes in the form of mucus, cysts, tumors, plaque etc. This happens the more you eat acid producing foods that your digestive system can't digest. The most healthful foods that are alkaline forming are raw fruit and vegetables. Eating these will prevent the build up of acid wastes that clog the lymphatic aka immune system/sewerage system.

Old 01-30-2017, 07:53 PM

1 posts, read 6,607 times
Smile What I used to get rid of my boil and pain quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos View Post
Over the last two years, I have been getting boils. I have had 9 so far. They are painful and no fun. I had the last two lanced at the doctors office, I now have another one and will have to call the doctor again.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to keep from getting them? Perhaps there is something that I can take to help. Or any ideas on how to care for them.

Thanks for any ideas.
Hi I came on this forum the other day as
like many of you I had multiple boils under
my armpit . I tried the hot water but it's difficult
to soak in certain places. I felt so sorry for you all
Nobody realises how painful they are unless they've
Experienced them. I tried germoline it was fantastic
It took the pain away quickly and the infection I have still got
them but they are really tiny now and No Pain !!! I'll continue
to use it till after they're completely gone to make sure they don't
come back. But I honestly swear by germoline
If you look on the web you'll probably find it or in your chemist
It will save you a fortune on doctors if your in other countries
make sure you keep some in and treat them as soon as
you get one. If anyone has any problems getting hold of
it let me know. Hope you can get hold of some and hope
it gets rid of them for you.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:11 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,751,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
The best thing we have found now is Camphophenic (Sp?).
I don't personally know how well Campho-Phenique works on boils, but my daughter found it worked better than anything else when her ear piercings got infected.
[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness