Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 08:12 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times

Advertisements

Don't let things be, it may get worse quickly! Go see a doctor, at the very least it will put your mind at ease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 08:13 PM

1,425 posts, read 1,386,473 times
Go check you blood sugar. Especially if you are overweight. And show you middle finger to your family members who don't care about you. There might be some inexpensive options, like Health Fair, where you can get some tests for free. And better go see a doctor in some urgent care facility. You can have an accident like this behind the wheel, and then you won't have any further problems whatsoever. Is this what you really want?

Old 02-12-2014, 08:19 PM

933 posts, read 1,477,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMeAK View Post
Go check you blood sugar. Especially if you are overweight. And show you middle finger to your family members who don't care about you. There might be some inexpensive options, like Health Fair, where you can get some tests for free. And better go see a doctor in some urgent care facility. You can have an accident like this behind the wheel, and then you won't have any further problems whatsoever. Is this what you really want?
I am actually very underweight....

Old 02-12-2014, 08:29 PM

374 posts, read 492,078 times
Please go in and get this checked out right away. These are not good signs. If this happens to be Diabetes or heart problems, you could get much worse.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:38 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,541,448 times
I don't want to scare you and I don't have a clue what this could be but it sounds very serious and whatever it is, go to your DOCTOR! Going blind, passing out and having dizzyness, could mean a tumor in your brain. Having instant sweats and the pressure on your chest could be heart problems. Actually, passing out could be either. It could even be thyroid and as others have suggested, low sugar (opposite of diabetes) problems.
GO TO YOUR DOCTOR or emergency at the hospital TOMORROW!

Old 02-12-2014, 09:34 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,626,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David910 View Post
Dude, this is SERIOUS stuff.

It could be massive severe panic attacks, to a stroke or heart attack.

My hubby HATES Dr.'s, but he would go in a heartbeat over something this serious.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:39 PM

1,425 posts, read 1,386,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David910 View Post
How old are you? In teenagers, diabetes often start with losing weight, not gaining.
Did you weight change recently? If yes, how and how much? Did you experience thing like "almost fell asleep while walking/standing"? Do you speak in your sleep?
Even if you are not a teenager, and all answers are "no", middle finger advice still stands. You might simply not survive the third time. Go to WebMD Symptom Checker from WebMD. Check Your Medical Symptoms. enter your symptoms, see what it says. Try finding some advice online. If you are short of time, ask online doctors first. If you are also short of money, go to a local public health facility and ask for advice.

Last edited by BusyMeAK; 02-12-2014 at 09:40 PM.. Reason: added word "public"

Old 02-12-2014, 09:55 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,228,243 times
Okay guys. While I agree OP should get checked out, there's no reason to overdramatize and induce panic by saying he may not survive the next time etc. With the disclaimer that I'm not a doctor, I would wager that the fact that this happened twice already, and the OP DID survive and seemingly feels fine, would suggest that this is NOT a major emergency like a heart attack or stroke. I really doubt that if it had been a heart attack, OP would be on here posting about it, seriously.
A chronic underlying disease like diabetes is possible of course, so yes, a check up is needed. But like I said, it's not impossible that the OP is fine and the Dr won't find anything. Read about vasovagal response - some people are just prone to fainting under certain conditions. Together with the chest pressure in sleep, which sounds very much like sleep paralysis, it actually points even more to this being a vascular/neurological issue - which unfortunately doctors don't do much for.
Of course if there are other worrisome symptoms etc, it's more likely that there's a specific cause for it.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:55 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,869,784 times
You should listen to the posters who are showing more concern about you than sadly your family who is making assumptions that you are like them in terms of their health condition.

You could pass out and bang your head and suffer serious, life threatening injury. Or have a car wreck. There are many things this could be but you'lll never know until you see a trained professional, a physician! You seem to not think you are important enough to have a doc check you out...you deserve the attention of a medical professional...go see one asap, please?

Old 02-12-2014, 09:59 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,869,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCookie View Post
Okay guys. While I agree OP should get checked out, there's no reason to overdramatize and induce panic by saying he may not survive the next time etc. With the disclaimer that I'm not a doctor, I would wager that the fact that this happened twice already, and the OP DID survive and seemingly feels fine, would suggest that this is NOT a major emergency like a heart attack or stroke. I really doubt that if it had been a heart attack, OP would be on here posting about it, seriously.
A chronic underlying disease like diabetes is possible of course, so yes, a check up is needed. But like I said, it's not impossible that the OP is fine and the Dr won't find anything. Read about vasovagal response - some people are just prone to fainting under certain conditions. Of course if there are other worrisome symptoms etc, it's more likely that there's a specific cause for it.
I am sorry but you do not know what you don't know. Your advice could harm this person. He needs to get checked out to hopefully rule out serious issues. He could, in fact, have heart issues, it could be any number of things that are alarming. But he won't know until he gets some tests done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness