Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 04:53 PM

373 posts, read 482,956 times

Advertisements

OP is MIA, old fed. No, ideally we would have a complete list of meds, allergy, medical and surgical conditions, and reviews of systems. And of course, physical examination and labs. Cut me a break. I am making the best guesses based on the limited information. I already told him to take his dad to ER. (Because of dizziness, not because of hematuria.) Nobody smart should expect 100% accurate diagnosis on a internet forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 04:59 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,231,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ2 View Post
Thank you for making a big assumption. No, I did not have to google it. I work in health care. Try not to think separately for each process. Why have 10 different diagnoses when it is likely only one. Severe pain associated with stone can cause dizziness but then he would also have nausea. And OP did not mention any pain at all. I doubt it is kidney stone. Prostrate cancer is very unlikely to cause these symptoms. How often does prostrate cancer cause gross bleeding? So, let's go back. We have gross blood in urine + dizziness. Try to think of processes that link both together. As I have said before it is likely urosepsis or uncontrolled afib (assuming his dad was already on warfarin) or worsening of chronic anemia. Rhabdo is much less likely in this case but easy to miss if you are not careful. UA would show +blood but no RBC. Now, OP please come back and update us. I can easily bet that it is not kidney stone or prostrate cancer.

Working in housekeeping does not make you an expert on anything other than cleaning floors...I can easily bet you are lab tech doubt you actually treat patients. As for making big assumptions, I say again, pot meet kettle...

You have made so many assumptions not supported by data presented(a fib? mental illness?)...there are dozens of possible diagnoses.

As already mentioned, there are few facts in evidence but fact number one is the patient was seen by a doc yet you keep mentioning rhabdo as if that is even possible...here's a hint...it isn't....that has already been ruled out.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:20 PM

15,145 posts, read 27,795,746 times
OP hasn't come back.... let this thread go!

Old 02-22-2015, 05:29 PM

373 posts, read 482,956 times
Nope, not a lab tech, sweetheart. May I please ask what's your profession to entitle you such attitude?
As I have said before, I have very limited info. and I am guessing. I already said the best course of action should have been ER visit for dizziness (not because of hematuria).
You do realize that pt. who are on warfarin/DTI can have hematuria, right? And were you aware that prostrate cancer, absent of recent transrectal biopsy, rarely cause hematuria?
Rhabdo is less likely. But if he was 75+ y/o and has bad dementia, it is possible that he may have been on haldol, etc which is associated with rhabdo. And yes, UA would show blood on dipstick (but would not have RBC).
So, let's summarize: it is NOT kidney stone or prostrate cancer (based on what OP said so far)
It MAY be: Urosepsis, afib or simply worsening of anemia
Rhabdo much much less likely but it's the zebra here.

I really do want to find out what happened to OP's father.

Old 02-26-2015, 02:59 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,638,520 times
Well, it's been over a week now...is the man still alive? No post from the OP since the first day.....

Old 02-28-2015, 04:02 AM

14,016 posts, read 20,912,457 times
You two who are bickering with each other, do you realize how childish you both sound?

Old 02-28-2015, 04:11 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
OP hasn't come back.... let this thread go!

Agreed. OP posted on another C-D forum six days after posting here -- so apparently he doesnt want to come back here.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:35 PM

1 posts, read 534 times
my father also facing the samw problem again i.e bleeding during urination .... actually last year the same happened to him ... his doctor told him that he had a mass fomed in bladder after diagnosing his reports ,then he suggested him that he should go for the operation ....my dad agreed ... nd after iperatiin he felt relaxed nd fine ... but after 6/7 months he is again facing the same problm now ... m too muchh worried .. kindly share ur xperiences or give me some best suggestion plzz

Old 01-23-2017, 05:17 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
All conditions that would lead to blood in the urine are serious,i'd suggest emergency room ASAP =
Blood in urine (hematuria) Causes - Mayo Clinic

Old 01-24-2017, 09:27 AM

554 posts, read 623,415 times
When you are urinating blood they tell you to go to the doctor immediately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness