Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 06:47 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsFan20 View Post
How about not make dumb suggestions... please take your morality preaching elsewhere
Exactly. Some people don't actually consider whether they ever want to have kids and take B.C. for years when they don't really want them. So do you want to give birth to your own children, OP? If you don't, get your tubes tied/cauterized. I took BC for years and never wanted kids at all. I have no clue why I did that. Finally I got tired of doing it and decided to get it done. So I asked about tubal ligation. My insurance company said no problem and covered it 100%. Then I was good to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2016, 08:38 AM

4,043 posts, read 3,772,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Exactly. Some people don't actually consider whether they ever want to have kids and take B.C. for years when they don't really want them. So do you want to give birth to your own children, OP? If you don't, get your tubes tied/cauterized. I took BC for years and never wanted kids at all. I have no clue why I did that. Finally I got tired of doing it and decided to get it done. So I asked about tubal ligation. My insurance company said no problem and covered it 100%. Then I was good to go.
That seems a bit extreme. If I was a guy I would have a vasectomy since it's reversible. But since getting your tubes tied aren't, I don't want to go there yet...

Old 01-13-2016, 07:07 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,321,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsFan20 View Post
How about not make dumb suggestions... please take your morality preaching elsewhere
It don't think that has anything to do with morality, it's more about science. Since the OP's periods haven't returned, her hormones are probably out of whack. It's probably best to not have sex (or use condoms properly every time) until her period returns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
Random, but an ex and I used the pull-out method for years with no accidents. I'm told its unreliable, but worked for me.
Yes, it works. It's a great idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
That seems a bit extreme. If I was a guy I would have a vasectomy since it's reversible. But since getting your tubes tied aren't, I don't want to go there yet...
OP, I'd suggest one of the form of natural family planning (NFP):
  • Lady Comp (must take temperature as soon as you wake up)
  • Cycle Beads (will only work w/ very regular cycles that are 26-32 days long)

Old 01-15-2016, 09:39 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,651,508 times
I used a copper 7 IUD for years with no problems. The couples I've known who used condoms only got pregnant. You don't always know right away when a condom has failed. Are you sure you want kids in the future? Once I was sure I didn't, I had a tubal ligation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness