Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 08:17 AM

1 posts, read 8,841 times

Advertisements

I am not experiencing ovarian cyst bursting but have been experiencing a pain in my lower left abodomin and went to the doctor to find out what it was. Turns out i have an ovarian cyst on my left ovary. Hearing all these stories about ovarian cysts bursting is kinda scaring me since i am starting school tommorow, so if you guys have any NOT SCARY advice (lol) please give it to me, about helping to stop the pain.

P.s. I am 12 years old. Is it normal for me to be so young with an ovarian cyst?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 10:15 AM

2,028 posts, read 5,429,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I ended up having the biopsies yesterday and got to speak to the doctor that did them. It's going to be 2 weeks before the results are back, he's going on vacation next week. I may luck out and have results this Friday but probably not.

When I saw the other doctor, he didn't really explain anything, so I did some googling about abnormal paps and brought something with me that I printed out. He said it was like one marked ACG (will paste what ACG is below) but it was atypical endocervical cells and he mentioned atypical endometrial glandular cells. I wasn't prepared for that, so I have to do some googling.

AGC stands for atypical glandular cells. Glandular cells are cells that produce mucus and are located in your cervix or uterus. These results mean that some of your glandular cells are not normal, but your doctor does not know why. These changes are usually more serious. People who have AGC can have a higher risk for cervical cancer. Your doctor will probably want to perform a colposcopy to examine any irregular tissue.

The proceedure I had was the colposcopy. He said he didn't see anything on the lower part of the cervix, not sure if he took a sample, think he did. When he took the sample from the uterus I thought I was going to pass out.

He then said cramping would go away in 20 minutes but it started in 20 minutes and lasted all night. Today is better thankfully.

So now I wait. The wait is going to be hell, especially after reading about the ACG. I wouldn't be as nervous if my pelvis wasn't in so much pain, plus the other stuff that's been going on with cysts and the heavy bleeding / clotting. I know something isn't right especially since I'm always on the light side, was never a heavy bleeder until recently. Add to this bad hot flashes and feeling weak, feeling like I'm going to throw up.

I think I would have to have sedation for another colposcopy-it took the Doc 45 mins to do my last PAP smear because I have something like a webbed piece of skin (maybe scar tissue from surgery I had age 20 for a partially broken hymen that's become more problematic as I get older) across the back edge of my vagina, plus a long vagina (I have long limbs, so guess that's expected!) and a retroverted cervix since I had my son.

As for Ovarian cysts, about 8 years ago I used to get awful right sided pain and abdo/back muscle spasm and have to take diazepam.This started happening every month and was getting worse but PCP kept saying it was irritable bowel as it was associated with constipation.
Eventually one Friday at work I developed a very sharp right sided pain and by Saturday was In ER.
In their wisdom they decided I had a pelvic infection even though all my bloodwork was normal and I didn't have a fever. They started ABx and when they sent me home after 36 hrs I said I wanted a US scan as I didn't think it was an infection (I'm a RN and this was the hospital I worked in).
They reluctantly agreed and I came back 2 days later for it. By then the pain was dull generalised abdo pain and I was pale and very tired.

I could tell by the Ultrasonogrpahers face that something was wrong and when I asked she said "you have a black hole the size of a grapefruit behind your uterus"
They took me in and re-did bloods and my hemaglobin was half what it had been on the Saturday, I was in the early stages of kidney failure and had a temperature of 102F.
They took me to OR 36 hrs later and did a laporoscopy and then proceded to go back in through my C section scar to remove my right ovary and tube.
My abdomen was full of blood and rubbish as the cyst (a dermatoid cyst with bits of teeth and hair in it-you're born with them) had ruptured and twisted my ovary round on its stalk, cutting off the blood supply,so it was sitting in there dead and nasty.

I was so glad that I had asked for that scan as I could've ended up with full blown peritonitis if it had been 24 hrs later.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:34 PM

1 posts, read 8,728 times
Hi, im 20 years old and recently I have found out that I have had a ruptured ovarian cyst. Actually, exactly one month after the first one, I had another. This one did not rupture completely, it is slowly dispersing. I have been on antibiotics, and the doctor actually said that I might have to get surgery to take out my cyst and my apendix (apparently, it may rupture do to the the trauma in my abdomen). Anyhow, I still after all of this, I still have pain and my stomach swells everyday after I eat or too much movement. Has this happen to anyone, or is this a side effect of something more serious? Please, any insight will help. Thanks

Old 10-06-2011, 09:28 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_f_perez View Post
Hi, im 20 years old and recently I have found out that I have had a ruptured ovarian cyst. Actually, exactly one month after the first one, I had another. This one did not rupture completely, it is slowly dispersing. I have been on antibiotics, and the doctor actually said that I might have to get surgery to take out my cyst and my apendix (apparently, it may rupture do to the the trauma in my abdomen). Anyhow, I still after all of this, I still have pain and my stomach swells everyday after I eat or too much movement. Has this happen to anyone, or is this a side effect of something more serious? Please, any insight will help. Thanks
Ovarian cysts are common and usually noncancerous in young women.

The ovary actually makes a small cyst each month which ruptures and releases an egg at the time of ovulation. This can sometime be somewhat painful, and many women will be able to tell they are ovulating by the pain they get in about 2 weeks before their period starts.

Some egg follicles that do not ovulate but can make cysts. These too can rupture and cause pain.

The vast majority of these cysts, which are called functional cysts, do not need any treatment. They go away all by themselves, usually in a month or less --- though sometimes it takes longer.

For women who repeatedly make cysts, a birth control pill can be very helpful. The pill prevents ovulation and decreases the risk of cysts forming. Very low dose pills might not be as effective as slightly higher dose pills.

Cysts are not usually treated with antibiotics unless there is suspicion of a tubal or ovarian infection.

If you do have to have surgery, it is not necessary to take out the appendix if it is normal. Elective removal of the appendix is sometimes done during gynecologic surgery, just to prevent appendicitis at a later date. If you wish to be able to get pregnant at any time after the surgery, it might be best to leave the appendix alone if it is normal to reduce the risk of scar tissue forming which might involve the right tube or ovary and cause fertility problems.

I would ask your doctor about trying birth control pills before having surgery.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:06 PM

1 posts, read 8,680 times
I have an ovarian cyst on my left ovary. I found out about it a few months ago. Dr says that if I still have it by m Nov 16th appt, he plans on surgically removing it. It's already over 5 cm and is still growing (as of last month). Doctor says it could rupture on it's own, cause "Excruciating pain" or it has to be removed. Neither option sounds very pleasant. This is my first ovarian cyst that I needed to worry about and I'm 40 years old.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBalkam View Post
I have an ovarian cyst on my left ovary. I found out about it a few months ago. Dr says that if I still have it by m Nov 16th appt, he plans on surgically removing it. It's already over 5 cm and is still growing (as of last month). Doctor says it could rupture on it's own, cause "Excruciating pain" or it has to be removed. Neither option sounds very pleasant. This is my first ovarian cyst that I needed to worry about and I'm 40 years old.
If it has been present for several months and is enlarging in someone your age, it probably needs to come out.

I hope at your next visit it has gone away.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:32 PM

741 posts, read 1,679,009 times
When I was pregnant with my 6th child, I was rushed to the ER because I felt a huge lump on the right side and I thought it was an ectopic pregnancy... As it turned out I had a 13 cm ovarian cyst! They were going to possibly remove it after I gave birth, but instead I felt it rupture and I was doubled over in pain and the weirdest sensation...I never had another ultrasound regarding the cyst or anything... Infact, I never even went back to the DR, and here it is 10 years later...I haven't gotten another one Thank God...

Old 12-17-2011, 03:39 PM

1 posts, read 8,584 times
i would like to know im not to fimilier with this site but googled it anyone know please email me [email]tleea23@aim.com[/email] I went to the er last sat i believe and they said i had an ovarian cyst and today i started like bleeding red blood very heavy and i'm on implanon (the stick in arm for birthcontrol) which only makes me bleed brown blood every few months or so. and i'm having really bad lower left side pains really bad do they burst if so what happens? anyone know please send me an email as im not to sure how to find this again . Thanks so much!!

Old 04-20-2012, 09:00 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Has anyone had issues with spotting?
Friend had her period about 10 days late; then 2 weeks later had spotting & is spotting again a week after the spotting stopped.

Neg pregnancy test

Old 04-20-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Has anyone had issues with spotting?
Friend had her period about 10 days late; then 2 weeks later had spotting & is spotting again a week after the spotting stopped.

Neg pregnancy test
She should see her gynecologist.

Is she using anything for birth control?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness