Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 10:55 AM

914 posts, read 1,807,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Any of you ladies here ever have an ovarian cyst burst?

Yesterday I was really ill & had severe pain in my right lower abdomen. I've experienced this one other time before where I almost went to the ER as it was almost an all day thing. Yesterday I remembered this pain I had before and after having an MRI (IIRC) my neuro said there was fluid in my overies where a cyst probably burst. From what I remember, it was around the same time but I didn't put it together until yesterday.

I'm due for a checkup and will be making an appointment but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this?

I have, and you will be suggested to do a D&C. It's one of the most horrible, suffering pain i've experienced. My friend experienced the same, and had fainted from the pain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 11:06 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuteishungry View Post
I have, and you will be suggested to do a D&C. It's one of the most horrible, suffering pain i've experienced. My friend experienced the same, and had fainted from the pain.
A D&C would probably not be needed for the symptoms described. A biopsy might, and those do hurt, but most women do not faint from them. A D&C is usually not done much as a diagnostic procedure any more.

Spotting can be due to many conditions, from hormone problems to infections. The first step is an examination.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:47 AM

23,869 posts, read 33,575,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
She should see her gynecologist.

Is she using anything for birth control?
GYN can't see her till May 1st.

Her hub had a vas last year; she had Mirena until January 19th. I thought she had Mirena out last year but it was recent.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
GYN can't see her till May 1st.

Her hub had a vas last year; she had Mirena until January 19th. I thought she had Mirena out last year but it was recent.
May 1 is only a few days. That should be OK.

The effect of the Mirena should be gone. The Mirena may have been masking an underlying hormone problem.

How old is your friend?

Old 04-20-2012, 12:01 PM

23,869 posts, read 33,575,259 times
She's 32.
I'm reading that it could take 6 months for your own hormones to kick in.

She's not sure if she has other issues too & has been trying to figure it out.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:01 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,853,400 times
I had a cyst burst when I was in my twenties. And yeah...it sucked. I just remember terrible pain but not knowing why- I thought I was constipated or something. I just curled up in the bathroom for about six hours before finally going to the hospital. I don't know what they gave me, but it was great stuff- I told the nurse I loved her.

I haven't had problems since, and I've never used birth control.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 10,478 times
hey...i have a massive cyst, about 8 cm, on my left ovary. i dont want surgery. in the past, i have used natural progesterone cream, after reading all the stuff on the internet and it does reduce cysts. i have had a hysterectomy. one stops getting any vaginal discharge after hysterectomy. since i started using the cream, i am getting a little watery discharge with some central whitish stuff, odourless. do you think the cyst is letting out its stuff or what ?

Old 05-10-2012, 01:46 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
You really should go to a gynecologist and have them sort it all out. Peritonitis isn't something you want from having an untreated ovarian cyst.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smats View Post
hey...i have a massive cyst, about 8 cm, on my left ovary. i dont want surgery. in the past, i have used natural progesterone cream, after reading all the stuff on the internet and it does reduce cysts. i have had a hysterectomy. one stops getting any vaginal discharge after hysterectomy. since i started using the cream, i am getting a little watery discharge with some central whitish stuff, odourless. do you think the cyst is letting out its stuff or what ?
If you have had a hysterectomy, there is no way for anything inside the abdomen to get into the vagina.

If you have an 8 cm cyst, it is possibly an ovarian tumor. Progesterone in any form is unlikely to make it go away. If your doctor has recommended surgery, do it. This is not something to mess around with.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:28 PM

1 posts, read 10,251 times
I have researched so many subjects on vaginal bleeding and abdomel pain. For the past 2 weeks i been having vaginal bleeding very heavy with huge blood clots. i started my period at the beginning of the month but a day after my period was over i starting spotting a little blood then after 2 days of spotting it stopped so i didnt think much of if. the following week i had intacourse and i began to bleed again only this time it didnt stop each day the blood has been getting heavier. its been 2 weeks since n im still bleeding heavinly with blood clots and lower right back pain only the pain is off and on. i went to 3 different doctors n they all tell me the same thing. i feel there is something really wrong with me. i also feel like vomiting each time i eat something. i am not pregnant or having a misscarriage. if anyone can help me and give me adive on what to do! i am really freaked out!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness