Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 04:24 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,711,009 times

Advertisements

Hi, have the bug. Been sick since early Monday morning. Went to the ER Monday night after I became super dehydrated; guess my potassium & chloride levels were high. I stopped vomiting Monday night, but still have the other part going on. Plus still no appetite and a wicked headache. Going over 48 hour's. It should be done by 3 days right?

Already missed two days of work and hoping to return tomorrow.

Also any suggestions on cleaning products to disinfect the house?

Read up on something called Pure Green 24 which they say us the best. Going to see if they have this stuff at Wal-Mart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2018, 04:54 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,040,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Hi, have the bug. Been sick since early Monday morning. Went to the ER Monday night after I became super dehydrated; guess my potassium & chloride levels were high. I stopped vomiting Monday night, but still have the other part going on. Plus still no appetite and a wicked headache. Going over 48 hour's. It should be done by 3 days right?

Read up on something called Pure Green 24 which they say us the best. Going to see if they have this stuff at Wal-Mart.
You should be cleaning with a regular household cleaner and disinfecting with bleach. A 1:10 ratio is all you need. Let it sit wet on the surface for at least 3 mins to properly disinfection.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:51 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,827,154 times
Quote:

The only thing that is going to kill the norovirus is bleach.

Old 04-25-2018, 01:51 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,711,009 times
60 hrs in still having loose stools. Been trying to eat been 3 days. Had 2 saltines yesterday and apple sauce today, but just gets flushed out.

Been avoiding the Imodium as I don't want to keep the bug in but I need to get back to work tomorrow.

Old 04-25-2018, 01:57 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,843,075 times
Quote:
60 hrs in still having loose stools. Been trying to eat been 3 days. Had 2 saltines yesterday and apple sauce today, but just gets flushed out.

Been avoiding the Imodium as I don't want to keep the bug in but I need to get back to work tomorrow.
Can you do any work at home? The problem with going in to work is that you will expose all your co-workers. You can wash your hands till they bleed, but there can still be norovirus on them. Stay home if you're not totally well.

Old 04-26-2018, 04:49 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,649,903 times
Quote:

Stay out of Walmart, all you’re going to do is spread the virus to everyone else. I don’t know why when people are sick they insist on going into public places full of people.

Old 04-26-2018, 12:54 PM

10,237 posts, read 6,330,053 times
Have you eaten any Romaine lettuce recently? Generally, with a norovirus (stomach flu) you get over it within 24 to 48 hours without any medical intervention.

Food Poisoning (E-Coli) is totally different. I've had the former many times over my 69 years, but latter only once. It does not go away on it's own. Eight years ago I ate what I think were tainted tomatoes at the time. Went to an Urgent Care Center after 3 days. They not only put me on an IV for dehydration but also put on antibiotics (another topic).

60 hours without all symptoms totally not going away does not sound like a simple "stomach bug".

Old 04-26-2018, 01:00 PM

^^CDC says 1-3 days for norovirus disease. Of course, we're all concerned about e. coli with the Romaine, too!
https://www.cdc.gov/norovirus/about/symptoms.html

Old 04-26-2018, 01:18 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,080,484 times
It can mess up your system, which is why you're still having loose stools. Do you have any probiotics? You need to restore the good bacteria in your gut. You are also probably dehydrated. Follow the brat diet and try some pedialyte.

Bleach is what kills it, so you will want to clean with regular bleach as already suggested. It can live on hard surfaces a good while. They think the virus can stay in your stool for up to two weeks, which is why proper hand washing is super important.

Take care

Old 04-26-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
It can mess up your system, which is why you're still having loose stools. Do you have any probiotics? You need to restore the good bacteria in your gut. You are also probably dehydrated. Follow the brat diet and try some pedialyte.

Bleach is what kills it, so you will want to clean with regular bleach as already suggested. It can live on hard surfaces a good while. They think the virus can stay in your stool for up to two weeks, which is why proper hand washing is super important.

Take care
There is research that the BRAT diet is inadequte for nutrition and unnecessary.
https://www.webmd.com/children/brat-diet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness