Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 09:59 AM

9,361 posts, read 14,111,535 times

Advertisements

Agent orange was a contaminant of a herbicide that was sprayed on jungles so our troops would be better able to get through them and see the other-guys who were waiting to ambush.

It was never used near cotton fields. It has fully dissipated a long time ago due either to sunlight or oxygen or microorganisms. Someone is feeding you misinformation in order to make you feel anxious.

You will be fine. Really.

Old 09-07-2019, 10:30 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
We've also used chemical "weapons" in Colombia and Bolivia, trying to eradicate their coca crops, and if the coca crops was replaced by cotton fields?

35% of our coffee also comes from Vietnam. One scientist questioned the safety of the coffee from Vietnam, but was "shot down" by the research scientists working in the 7 story caffeine research center in Paris. And will we ever know, given how corrupt research scientists can be?

Old 09-07-2019, 10:47 AM

10,114 posts, read 19,409,201 times
Wouldn't just a thorough washing get rid of any residue?

Besides, Agent Orange was decades ago, I don't think it would stay in the soil that long.....

Old 09-07-2019, 11:04 AM

10,236 posts, read 6,322,066 times
We have have Agent Orange in the White House. Sorry, could not resist.

Seriously, though, my husband has been trying to get the VA to admit that Agent Orange was stored and shipped on planes from Guam. He saw leaking barrels and sat on brown grass and has Parkinson's today. That is an acknowledged side effect of Agent Orange exposure.

I doubt you have anything to worry about today from an indoor manufacturing plant in Vietnam 50 years later. You do know that one of Nike's manufacturing plants is also in Vietnam. That would not have been exposed by now for Agent Orange repercussions?

Old 09-07-2019, 11:05 AM

8,069 posts, read 12,784,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnley View Post
I have several tee shirts that have made in Vietnam labels. I am worried about agent orange contamination because these are 100% cotton shirts and during the Vietnam war the chemicals have oversprayed onto cotton fields and the products are still contaminated. How will I know if these shirts made in Vietnam are not contaminated with agent orange and other poisonous chemicals that were used in the Vietnam war?
Since agent orange was a defoliant it is doubtful any cotton would grow in an area still contaminated. In addition to this the vast majority of cotton used in Vietnamese textile manufacturing is imported from the U.S. (68%). An article states that there is only roughly 1000 hectares of cotton production in Vietnam.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Old 09-07-2019, 11:10 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
I have several tee shirts that have made in Vietnam labels. I am worried about agent orange contamination because these are 100% cotton shirts and during the Vietnam war the chemicals have oversprayed onto cotton fields and the products are still contaminated. How will I know if these shirts made in Vietnam are not contaminated with agent orange and other poisonous chemicals that were used in the Vietnam war?
Is this a joke?
You can't be serious.

Old 09-07-2019, 11:37 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,159,022 times
Quote:
Are you just as concerned about the Vietnam veterans and their health problems from agent orange?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
The only long term issue related to Agent Orange that still exist on Vietnam is the long term birth defects and some issues of river outflow areas with the sediment. Most inland fields have long been rendered safe and seasonal monsoons over the last 30+ years has washed any lingering contaminate to ocean deltas.
A dear friend, a Vietnam Vet, still has medical problems, most likely, related to agent orange. All three of his children have genetic birth defects (probably due to agent orange), two of his grandchildren died in utero due to severe genetic birth defects, and three of his four living grandchildren have severe genetic birth defects. No one in either family had/has any type of genetic birth defects before this happened.

Old 09-07-2019, 12:12 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,648,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Lol 😝
Coffee snort of the day!

Should I be worried about my frozen shrimp from Viet Nam?

Old 09-07-2019, 02:40 PM

656 posts, read 1,375,724 times
Quote:

You'll die as soon as you put it on. Is your life insurance good?

Old 09-07-2019, 06:13 PM

2,336 posts, read 2,569,779 times
This is our resident hypochondriac troll from Houston, just a new user name. Always entertaining, probably somewhat unbalanced, amazingly creative with new whacky fears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness