Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2020, 05:16 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,280,097 times

Advertisements

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabin_fever After a while this is going to be a common occurrence .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2020, 10:08 AM

1,948 posts, read 1,514,297 times
Not too bad as long as the satellite tv and internet works.

Just eating too much food. When we get bored, we get out into the country and ride around.

Old 04-26-2020, 01:02 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,975,319 times
No, I'm outside a lot working in the yard and garden.

Old 04-26-2020, 01:21 PM

962 posts, read 612,332 times
I could live like this forever. It's a much simpler lifestyle with fewer decisions to be made, fewer places to go.

Clean diet, daily 5 mile runs, lots of reading, and banging my wife.

Old 04-26-2020, 01:26 PM

23,264 posts, read 18,777,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabin_fever After a while this is going to be a common occurrence .
Don't agree. There are so many ways to keep oneself engaged with the world. You just have to DO IT! If you stubbornly insist on shutting yourself away, no one to blame but yourself. In many ways this is a self-imposed problem that existed before some pandemic reared its ugly head.

BTW, if anyone is curious about "real" cabin fever, read the classic novel about early immigrant prairie settlers: Giants in the Earth by O.E. Rolvaag. This ain't nothin' folks.

Old 04-27-2020, 07:08 AM

9 posts, read 5,867 times
A lot of stores where I live are still open so I've been going to them to and ignoring the stay at home nonsense. When I go to the stores I usually: stand as close as possible to others, touch my face a lot in front of others, touch everything on the shelves, wear no mask, laugh at those with masks on.......I'm staying positive and making the most of this.

Old 04-27-2020, 11:31 PM

20,627 posts, read 4,412,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaman1 View Post
Not too bad as long as the satellite tv and internet works.

Just eating too much food. When we get bored, we get out into the country and ride around.

I definitely need my internet. A couple years back the power was out for three days. I was climbing the walls. It was like I was detoxing.

Cabin fever, blah! I can deal with the solitude from direct contact fine.

Old 04-28-2020, 06:34 AM

14,933 posts, read 12,130,043 times
[quote=Pinta loca;57964902]All these people complaining about the stay at home orders must have never lived in a hurricane prone area. Try being without power for weeks. We even lost cell service for a few days so no one knew we were still alive after a hurricane.[/QUOTE

It's even more fun trying to live in a house severely damaged in the hurricane.

Old 04-28-2020, 07:09 AM

1,948 posts, read 1,514,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Don't agree. There are so many ways to keep oneself engaged with the world. You just have to DO IT! If you stubbornly insist on shutting yourself away, no one to blame but yourself. In many ways this is a self-imposed problem that existed before some pandemic reared its ugly head.

BTW, if anyone is curious about "real" cabin fever, read the classic novel about early immigrant prairie settlers: Giants in the Earth by O.E. Rolvaag. This ain't nothin' folks.
When graduating from college, I moved to a city of 100,000 people in the Midwest.

It snowed a foot the day before Christmas and we didn't see any temperatures above freezing for over a month. Just getting to work every day was a hassle. Snow was piled so high that we couldn't even see our office building.

Talk about cabin fever? We had it that winter.

And I then decided to get a transfer back down south where we didn't have to experience such things.

We are lake people, and have a 24' boat sitting in the front yard in a boathouse. We'll shortly spend the rest of our quarantine days out on the river. So we're not suffering.

Old 04-28-2020, 09:13 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,831,265 times
While part of me fears this virus, another part of me is enjoying the me time I now enjoy. Normally, I was working 5 days a week and had little time to do the things I enjoy. Now, I get to go to my shop, where I can be alone, and work building my cars.

I also am getting to sleep in, take naps, and spend time with my three little fur buddies. So, there is an upside to this thing, if you choose to look at it that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness