Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2021, 06:42 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,691,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
It was cold in there again today but not as bad as in July and I mentioned to the woman doing the test that last time I was turned down because Huasho said it was too cold in the building. Today my iron level (hemoglobin?) was about 3 times higher than last month when I tried to donate. I told her I'd been eating noting but spinach and broccoli in the last month. lol
Popeyes Diet....I love them both !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2021, 06:45 AM

Goinn today soon to the Podiatrist, the same where I had the problem with the receptionist a few week back. The Dr's wife is the Office Mgr and she called me to let me know the woman with the attittude was let go.

Nice !!!! Later Gator.

Old 08-10-2021, 03:31 PM

The Oneblood people must be running LOW in supplies, I normally get a reminder via eMail 1-2 days before donations, today I got one, for 5 more days !!!

Old 08-10-2021, 06:10 PM

5,425 posts, read 3,488,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
The Oneblood people must be running LOW in supplies, I normally get a reminder via eMail 1-2 days before donations, today I got one, for 5 more days !!!
Yep, I was getting an email and a text a day begging for blood. When I was in there yesterday, there was no one else donating, usually there are a couple of people there. I was there for a 1pm appt and there were only about 2 or 3 names above me on the sign in sheet.

Old 08-13-2021, 09:39 PM

Quote:
I got a $25 and a $20 gift certificate and a beach towel (that I already gave to my nephew) for my donation on Monday. Not a bad haul for 1/2 hour.

Old 08-14-2021, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
I got a $25 and a $20 gift certificate and a beach towel (that I already gave to my nephew) for my donation on Monday. Not a bad haul for 1/2 hour.

Yep, the 2nd part of the "Go For Gold", basically my Grab and Go tomorrow too.

Old 08-14-2021, 08:50 AM

5,451 posts, read 4,048,341 times
I went Tuesday, I go the local med center, not Red Cross. Much better post-donation snacks including ice cream. Plus you get points toward local businesses/gift cards.

Old 08-14-2021, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
I went Tuesday, I go the local med center, not Red Cross. Much better post-donation snacks including ice cream. Plus you get points toward local businesses/gift cards.
Gift Cards are the NORM in Florida for a good decade or even more. Of course I have been donating blood since 1968, when you got nothing un return, but a GREAT FEELING FOR HELPING OUT, and I still did it for years until things started changing.

Old 08-14-2021, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Yep, the 2nd part of the "Go For Gold", basically my Grab and Go tomorrow too.
I always put my gift certificates on Amazon. Except for the restaurant one, I haven't used that one yet. I have to find it and hope that it's not expired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
Awesome for donating, VTsnowbird! Huasho and I go to oneblood.org, I'm not sure if it's part of the Red Cross. We go to different centers, we should meet up there sometime, Huasho. Is the center you go to in the mall where Kohl's is on 88th Street? Oneblood has good snacks too!

Old 08-14-2021, 09:02 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
I go to Carter Blood Supply or whatever it's called, Carter Something or Other, and I get various things. I mean, some I don't use or I give away but I did recently get a gift card for $20 worth of gas, and I used that, believe me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness