Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2021, 02:47 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,487,156 times

Advertisements

tan colored stool??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2021, 03:10 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,795,746 times
OP hasn't come back

Old 10-03-2021, 07:52 PM

15,252 posts, read 12,971,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Some months later, I am better now and symptoms have abated but I believe the ordeal left me in poorer health than I was before. And, I also believe that I may have brought the original health onslaught on myself. I don't have a gall bladder. At the time it started, I was consuming a lot of fat products, cream cheeses, deli sandwiches, just really consuming a lot of unhealthy things to excess, almost an obsessive episode. I was going through a lot of personal stress. I read up a lot on my symptoms, etc, etc, and the results of various blood tests and, I wondered if I overloaded my liver with fatty and processed foods and my liver and my gastro system just rebelled. I believe so. I haven't done that again.

Re the bolded, I wouldn't be surprised. It's great that you figured it out on your own. I didn't know this before I got liver disease myself, but the liver really doesn't like processed foods or a lot of saturated fat. I'm sure you're being kind to your liver by eating foods with fiber, fatty fish like salmon, whole fruits and vegetables and drinking lots of water.

Old 10-03-2021, 09:50 PM

17,588 posts, read 13,367,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
So for about a month, I've been having consistent diarrhea, usually twice a day. It happens in the morning and then in the evening. The color is usually brown or tan.

I'm in my early 40's, never had a colonoscopy yet. There's no history of cancer in my family so I don't think it's that but ya never know....

I'm just nervous going to the doctor getting it checked out.
Diarrhea for a month, GO SEE MD!

Old 10-03-2021, 10:19 PM

1,148 posts, read 864,214 times
They are long gone.

Reminds name though of people on Amazon selling T-shirts for National Medical Laboratory week that says

"I'm a proud Medical Laboratory Scientist

Without me your doctor is just guessing"

A little over the top that I found funny.

There's nothing we can do without somebody seeing a doctor and people would be just guessing. The number of tests that I can think of is off the charts depending on the medical history and social history and physical. A test for enteric pathogens along with ova. and parasites would be appropriate. Other people have mentioned steatorrhea (fat malabsorption) and fecal fat content tests are available for quantitative and qualitative fats present in stool associated with pancreatic insufficiency. One important question that is easy to determine is stool containing increased fat is very light and hard to flush down the toilet. Test for causes of osmotic diarrhea like with lactose intolerance are not very good because one needs liquid stool and not simply soft stools for adequate analysis. Hydrogen breath test is best for that. Stools for C diff are often rejected because the stools submitted have been solid with no diarrhea present. A fecal leukocyte test is a test for white blood cells in the stool and is seen in cases of colitis both infectious and autoimmune. A stool for blood is also helpful for that. The blood tests are needed to make sure there is no electrolyte imbalances as potassium is often lost with diarrhea. One can do an acute abdomen blood panel that includes pancreatic enzymes and liver enzymes. Those are starting screening tests and there are secondary and tertiary tests that would include some of the weird stuff.

The doctor and anyone else is a disadvantage without testing in order to find out what is going on. You don't want it to get out of hand because one can end up with an arrhythmia caused by the an electrolyte imbalance as a result of the diarrhea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness