Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2021, 07:12 AM

717 posts, read 452,409 times

Advertisements

I learned that life insurance may not pay out proceeds if cause of death is related to any of the 3 vaccinations for Covid including Pfizer as the treatments are still in experimental phase ? Is this true? It is a major concern for me. Excluded from life insurance coverage? How is this not a concern for anyone with a young breadwinner in the family?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2021, 07:29 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberiaboy View Post
I learned that life insurance may not pay out proceeds if cause of death is related to any of the 3 vaccinations for Covid including Pfizer as the treatments are still in experimental phase ? Is this true? It is a major concern for me. Excluded from life insurance coverage? How is this not a concern for anyone with a young breadwinner in the family?
I've heard this also. Anyone in the insurance industry that can answer this directly?

Old 04-17-2021, 08:59 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
I got mine on my dominant arm so I'd be using and moving it more. Seemed to really have helped work out the soreness. Hydrate, too, which helps. Older people tend to have less side effects I've read.

Old 04-17-2021, 09:06 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I've heard this also. Anyone in the insurance industry that can answer this directly?

Looks like an urban legend - see this article from AARP from a coupla weeks ago:
https://www.aarp.org/money/budgeting...virus-faq.html

Also, see this article from March 2021:
https://factcheck.afp.com/covid-19-v...rance-policies

Old 04-17-2021, 09:08 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Apparently that's only an unsubstantiated urban legend. See links above. Do you have any evidence to back what you're claiming? Thanks in advance.

Old 04-17-2021, 09:43 AM

5,703 posts, read 4,276,476 times
Quote:

When something sounds that absurd its usually not true.

Old 04-17-2021, 11:05 AM

34,998 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
When something sounds that absurd its usually not true.
If there was even a hint of that the insurance companies would be at war with the government. Even an insurance executive is not that dumb.

Old 04-17-2021, 11:46 AM

14,458 posts, read 12,081,453 times
I like these quotes below

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele...h=2e9cc82d241c

This certainly isn’t the first time social media posts have offered misinformation and disinformation about vaccines. Tying an available vaccine with life insurance benefits may be a relatively new one though. It’s not clear how many of the social media posts are from actual human beings versus bots or what the actual sources and their agendas may be. There are many reasons why some person or some bot may spread Covid-19 vaccine misinformation, ranging from inadvertently passing something along to “let’s try to decrease confidence in the government or health care so that you can listen to us instead,” whoever us may be. Listening to a social media post from someone who is not a real expert can be akin to walking on the sidewalk and getting advice from trash cans.

If you are still worried that the Covid-19 vaccine will somehow jeopardize your life insurance, here’s an idea. Try calling your insurance company directly or maybe even several insurance companies. Ask them if getting the vaccine will affect your life insurance coverage in any way. Or contact an insurance expert. Look for someone who has real credentials and puts more on his, her, or its profile than just something related to fowl and foul balls.

Old 04-17-2021, 02:46 PM

4,177 posts, read 5,056,132 times
My experience with Pfizer --

First jab: face & neck flush (no pain or fever), 4 hours after the shot. Lasted 45 minutes. Not even sure it was related to the vaccine.

Second jab:
8 hours later, started to feel tired.
12 hours later, 99.6 degree temp.
injection site: sore to the touch; headache.
20 hours later, 100.6 (took 1000 mg tylenol).
26 hours later, armpit sore (lymph node getting to work, making defenders).
30 hours later, 99.6
36 hours later, back to myself

Old 04-27-2021, 11:27 AM

307 posts, read 213,772 times
My experience with Pfizer:

First shot 03/13/21: Injection in my right arm (dominant side). Arm pain and soreness lasted 24 hours, no fever or other symptoms.

Second shot 04/01/21: Injection in my left arm (switched to non-dominant side), 2-3 hours of arm soreness, no fever or other symptoms.

I'm a 50 year old female with no pre-existing conditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness