Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2009, 06:35 PM

41 posts, read 117,060 times

Advertisements

green eyes this is your second time wow poor you i can't even imagine ever doing this **** again i just don't get how my foot got so stuck it sucks but i get to start going in the water this week my mom opened her pool so i hope that helps me alot i really hope it helps well off to os tommorrow oh joy

Old 06-23-2009, 12:16 PM

83 posts, read 296,308 times
i went back to see the nurse at my GP today, And she said she was happy that the wound isnt infected, the skin has just come apart where my knee brace is rubbing it so shes put steri strips on it and told me to keep them on for aslong as i feel nessercary. Make me feel a bit happier (:

Old 06-23-2009, 01:18 PM

69 posts, read 334,329 times
Newly

that is great news, nothing serious to worry about

Old 06-23-2009, 02:45 PM

well went to os tody oh happy day good news bones all healed but he thinks i should have another surgery to clean out the joint and put a external fixator on for 10 weeks to get my foot un stuck but i talked to my pt and he thinks i have made some progress and to wait i don't know what to do oh god nothing is easy... newly good news thank god so happy for you but i will tell you move your ankle as much as you can even tho its your femer cause being laid up can make every thing stiff my dear don't end up stuck like me happy healing

Old 06-23-2009, 03:23 PM

Thanks Green & Blueeyes.

Blue - Happy to hear that the bones have healed. How do you feel about the surgery? As i know you dont really want it.
I will move my ankle alot Blue - Thanks for the advice!

Old 06-23-2009, 03:42 PM

i don't want the surgery i have never had surgery before and i have had four i hate it so scarry

Old 06-23-2009, 04:04 PM

69 posts, read 334,329 times
blue

so happy your bones are healed !!! your right nothing is easy if i were you i would give pt a little longer but that is just me i too am scared of surgery i have a question for you

with all of your injuries and surgeries did they place a vena cava filter in artery to prevent any bloodclots that might form from traveling into your lungs ???

Old 06-23-2009, 07:46 PM

not that i know of but my first doc did nothing right so i have a law suit going on i had to be completely redone and i mean needed everything fixed so i too think i will continue with pt to see if that works over surgery

Old 06-24-2009, 04:13 AM

Id never had surgery before either and was petrified - And now im told i may have to have a second lot, my mind starts wondering. I dont help myself really, i think all sorts! Because not only did i break the bone i tore ligaments aswell.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:08 AM

189 posts, read 795,626 times
Hi Everyone,

I have a question.....has anyone ever had any internal stitches that are supposed to dissolve come out or cause any swelling issues? I have an area at the top of my incision where the metal plate is in my tibia that has a pocket of fluid. My PT thinks it could be one of the stitches on the inside trying to work its way out and suggested I call my OS. So, after talking to my OS she thinks that is what it might be and I have an appt. tomorrow with her so she can take a look at it.

It is odd because the swelling is at the top of my incision which is about half way up my shin. It started out about the size of a dime, now it is about the size of a quarter and is like a little pocket with fluid in it. It is not red or irritated and not painful, but has been there a little over 2 weeks and is not going away.

Just wondered if anyone else had anything like this, I'll let you know what they tell me tomorrow.

It is good to hear all the good news here and how well everyone is doing.

Blueeyes,
keep working, I hope you get more movement in that ankle! Let us know how it goes when you get in the pool.

Take care everyone!

Nanny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness