Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2009, 05:52 AM

45 posts, read 297,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by painfulblueeyes View Post
thank you but i really don't want surgery again i have already had four but i will check it out thanks

Surgery sux yes but would you like to walk again? sounds like without surgery you might have a heack of a time with it. I wish you the best....im sorry you are having so much trouble.

Old 06-20-2009, 05:55 AM

day 4 off of my crutches. I feel great. im sore and swollen but I really am not in too much pain. I hope things keep going well.
Im terrified to even think about not having my walking boot in 4 weeks anymore.....everything still feels like its too weak...i guess walking again might change all that very quickly.
hope that all of you are doing well.
Linda

Old 06-20-2009, 08:32 AM

41 posts, read 117,060 times
i was in a bad car accident back on dec 31 we hit black ice then hit a tree first doc did nothing right then had a second surgery on the 7th of january then one of my screws came right out of my skin in febuary then another in april i just want this overt i go to the doc on tuesday he says once i can walk i don't have to see him anymore so we shall see i am waiting for the weather to warm up so i can go swimming and hopefully i can work my ankle better with less pain surgery is so painful and i just feel like i have been through enough and enough is enough i have two kids an a wonderful fiance who has been putting up with my **** all this time thank god for family he has been good and trys to have patience with me but i can be very poor me and cry alot nanny i might need to give you a call again too talking to you helped alot thank you all

Old 06-20-2009, 10:26 AM

Everything is going to be alright. I cant imagine going through all of that since dec...wow. I hope I didnt sound mean...i surely didnt mean to. sometimes we feel like time is our enemy but time is the healer of all things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by painfulblueeyes View Post
i was in a bad car accident back on dec 31 we hit black ice then hit a tree first doc did nothing right then had a second surgery on the 7th of january then one of my screws came right out of my skin in febuary then another in april i just want this overt i go to the doc on tuesday he says once i can walk i don't have to see him anymore so we shall see i am waiting for the weather to warm up so i can go swimming and hopefully i can work my ankle better with less pain surgery is so painful and i just feel like i have been through enough and enough is enough i have two kids an a wonderful fiance who has been putting up with my **** all this time thank god for family he has been good and trys to have patience with me but i can be very poor me and cry alot nanny i might need to give you a call again too talking to you helped alot thank you all

Old 06-20-2009, 12:37 PM

83 posts, read 296,308 times
Oh love that sounds awful ): Yes you certainly have been through enough! Screw came out of your skin? Jesus! I hope they put mine in properly!

My boyfriend has to put up with me aswell PBE i cry all the time.

I had a shower in the bath today by sitting on a bath board - i didnt feel safe on it at all so it was just a kinda sprinkle down and i paniced and got my mum to help me out. I had to take the plasters of the scars/wounds because i was told to by the hosp they are healing but im worried that they will get infected if they arent covered up?Specially with the knee brace on.

I hope it goes well with the doc on tuesday painfulblueeyes. Will think of you!

Old 06-20-2009, 07:16 PM

34 posts, read 105,734 times
i fell back in feb.. i wish i can ask my doc questions all he says is when you feel ready to work , or it takes time , or you are healing well all it is , is BS. so if i told him that everytime i sit in a car which is everyday and my ankle hurts from being flat on the floor he would tell me it takes time. thats not wat i want to hear...plus i can walk and bend now now for about a month but it freaken KILLS it feels like i fractured something else and the doctor didnt see it..ive been jogging for the last two weeks just about everyday for about 2 to 3 miles and nothing is getting better..i figured that i would basically have to break in my ankle from it being stiff but thats not the case..

Old 06-21-2009, 10:55 AM

I have a question actually, for anyone who wishes to answer!

Where ive had my operation i have insicions both sides of my knee. the one on the right hand side is 3 inches long and is healing fine and i no longer need to cover it up. The one on the left hand side is 6 inches long, the bottom half is fine, the top half, doesnt look as though its as close knitted as the others, and is weeping so i have to keep it covered up as im wearing a knee brace.

Is that normal? Will it stop weeping and start to scar or should i be worried?

Old 06-21-2009, 11:47 AM

41 posts, read 117,060 times
hi newly what i would do cause acctually i am in the nursing field believe it or not get some sterile gauze pads and sterile water like sodium cloride and cut the gauze to the size of the area wet one piece of the gauze with the serile water then cover it with a dry piece of gauze it will help it hel that is what i did you put the wet gauze on the boo boo then cover it with the dry piece then tape it on change it twice a day like that it will help pull any naste stuff out of the wound and premote healing try it im sure with in a few days you will notice a differance

Old 06-21-2009, 01:40 PM

Thanks ever so much PainfulBlueEyes, ive covered it with some melalin for the moment, i will get my mum to get some gauze pads tomorrow and do what youve sudgested. Thank you!

Old 06-22-2009, 10:24 AM

69 posts, read 334,329 times
blue eyes,

I broke my femur too, I guess I have just been really lucky I have no problems with fwb. I was at an advantage this being the second time around for me with injury. I did use my cane for a long time as i was sacred as both of my ankles are weak now. I still have a really stiff ankle and not complete ROM. I am discharged from the dr and pt and still do all of exercies on leg at least once a day. I am working towards joining a gym to get my strength 100% again as i know my leg is still really weak.

newly

When I would get in the shower I used a plastic lawn chair to sit in and worked really well it has the arms which made me feel safe. I am now getting baths all the time i just feel safer the in tub and the bathroom upstairs where the tub is has carpet on the floor which is safer too for my own piece of mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness