Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2022, 01:03 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times

Advertisements

I had pfizer (2 plus booster). No symptoms or side-effects.... No one in the family either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2022, 01:07 PM

214 posts, read 281,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Huh? The vax is not an anti-viral treatment that makes covid go away. It's an immunity booster that teaches your body how to fight the virus off. And it takes two weeks so it's useless if you already have covid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metromoxo View Post
Exactly!
I was so confused when I read OP got Covid and therefore went promptly off to get vaccinated AFTER getting Covid (or possibly while still having Covid)! So weird. And then to complain about symptoms after having just had Covid, but blame them on the vaccine.

There are people who get sick from the vaccine but it's rare.
Nope. Never said I got it then "promptly went off to get vaccinated like it was an antiviral treatment". Said I thought I might of had it and turned out I did. I didnt know I had it until 2 or 3 days after I was already vaccinated. The vaxxing was just incase. A back up. But turns out I did.

Old 06-14-2022, 01:40 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underated9 View Post
Nope. Never said I got it then "promptly went off to get vaccinated like it was an antiviral treatment". Said I thought I might of had it and turned out I did. I didnt know I had it until 2 or 3 days after I was already vaccinated. The vaxxing was just incase. A back up. But turns out I did.

Same difference. The vax is not "back up" because it is not effective until two weeks and does nothing for an existing infection. And you said the vax was "because" you thought you had it.

"I got one pfizer shot a month ago only because I thought I might've caught it and didn't want to get the older person around me sick."

Old 06-14-2022, 06:19 PM

4,608 posts, read 3,301,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underated9 View Post

And that's the thing nobody knows about long term effects. Whether you would have health complications from it months or years later or not. Thats part of the experiment. Wait and see. But like I said I'm not saying any of that stuff was caused by the vaccine I just want to see who might of had some of the experiences, their own or none at all.
You're forgetting that all the vaccines went through studies. My daughter was in one for the Johnson and Johnson vaccine. She was in it for about a year before the vaccine was available for general use. So they were able to see some long term effects (if any). The vaccine makers didn't just finish the product and run out and sell it to people. There were the same precautions as with all new drugs - they just sped things up. Instead of something sitting on someone's desk at every evaluation point, as usually happens, they ran it right through as much as they could, while still observing all the safety precautions.

Old 06-14-2022, 06:36 PM

11,483 posts, read 6,002,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
You're forgetting that all the vaccines went through studies. My daughter was in one for the Johnson and Johnson vaccine. She was in it for about a year before the vaccine was available for general use. So they were able to see some long term effects (if any). The vaccine makers didn't just finish the product and run out and sell it to people. There were the same precautions as with all new drugs - they just sped things up. Instead of something sitting on someone's desk at every evaluation point, as usually happens, they ran it right through as much as they could, while still observing all the safety precautions.
"She was in it for about a year before the vaccine was available for use".

The very definition of rushing a vaccine to market. lol

Most vaccines are studied 10 years or more before widespread distribution. A single year study is running out and selling it to people. You can't tell anything about the long term dangers of vaccines in a 1 year study. They rushed these gene therapy treatments out prematurely. They had no clue the long term potential harm they could pose.

Old 06-14-2022, 07:05 PM

146 posts, read 295,064 times
No side effects at all, other than being tired on the day of the shots (initial series plus booster 1 and 2)

Old 06-14-2022, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Same difference. The vax is not "back up" because it is not effective until two weeks and does nothing for an existing infection. And you said the vax was "because" you thought you had it.

"I got one pfizer shot a month ago only because I thought I might've caught it and didn't want to get the older person around me sick."
Duh everybody knows that and if you dont you get told that when you get it. You just said what I said and quoted it . Since you're the only one under here who needs over explaining I'll say it again. Like I said it was back up just incase. Whether it kicked in or not in time it wasnt gonna hurt if I did. Better late than never. Who knows it might've been the reason why I only had 2 days of symptoms. Maybe maybe not. Since this whole thing is new and no one really knows what does what. Doesnt matter either way. I'm still kickin

If I had to do it over I'd do it the same way. Not that serious. Not that big of a deal and not the point of the thread. Get over it and move on

Last edited by underated9; 06-14-2022 at 10:35 PM..

Old 06-14-2022, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
Okay but 1 year is not what I consider long term

Old 06-14-2022, 10:28 PM

Quote:
And you said the vax was "because" you thought you had it.
Duhhh That's what thought means lol. Not knowing When you're sure that's when you use the word knew

Old 06-15-2022, 06:17 AM

4,608 posts, read 3,301,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
"She was in it for about a year before the vaccine was available for use".

The very definition of rushing a vaccine to market. lol

Most vaccines are studied 10 years or more before widespread distribution. A single year study is running out and selling it to people. You can't tell anything about the long term dangers of vaccines in a 1 year study. They rushed these gene therapy treatments out prematurely. They had no clue the long term potential harm they could pose.
Yes, I suppose they could have waited the requisite 10 years before releasing it. There probably would have been a riot at the doors of the pharmaceutical labs with people screaming "We're dying out here!" No president would have wanted that on his watch, and so the then president used his influence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness