Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2022, 06:39 PM

11,032 posts, read 6,875,918 times

Advertisements

For what it's worth, I've spent a lifetime trying to understand WHY my body has problems it does. No one else in my family has it. I've wanted to know what caused it. how to treat it and how to cure it. There is no cure. There is no answer. There will not be an answer in my lifetime. I can only manage the symptoms and hope for the best.

I believe that acupuncture and Chinese medicine could help me since it has in the past, but I cannot afford it so that's that.

I've given up wanting to know what caused this terrible condition I have and live with every single day. I just want to alleviate the symptoms. Some days are better than others. Most aren't.

Old 11-11-2022, 08:09 PM

1,147 posts, read 861,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Well you are obviously here to defend the covid vaccines no matter what. I was trying to say that I will not bother seeing a doctor who is going to argue with me about the vaccines, the way you are. So many people have been brainwashed by the propaganda, and I have no interest in wasting time in meaningless debates with them.

And I used the word "allopathic" because I was responding to someone who used the word. Yes, I understand the allopaths won over American medicine so now we just call them doctors. And you obviously missed my posts about not trusting alternative doctors.

If you are here to put down and have meaningless dogmatic debates, I will not respond.
You repeadily keep on introducing the vaccine not me. The original post had nothing to do with the vaccine. Don't mention anything about the vaccine to the doctor and you won't have to argue with the doctor. If you state your belief to the doctor that you think the vaccine caused it most doctors would probably not follow up on that at the moment as sounding premature or simply say we wiil see what is going on. They might suggest a coloscopy and that is where you again refuse to have one. There still no in depth discussion of the vaccine.

There is dogma def: a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true"

That dogma is called the standard of care. If the doctor does not adhere to that dogma then he can lose his license. A person like can not walk in and state a self diagnose and expect a doctor to accept it without further work including an invasive colonoscpy if they feel necessary.

Old 11-11-2022, 08:51 PM

3,057 posts, read 2,032,631 times
The reason to go to a doctor is that they do tests to determine the cause of symptoms. Then they have something to go on to recommend treatment.

I have a gastro issue similar to yours, came out of nowhere and stayed so far for 25 years. Colonoscopy told the gastro MD what was there but there is no real cure for most gastro problems. I take anti-inflammatories daily and they help a lot. Diet modification also helped calm things down, that took a long time to work.

Just in case you have colon cancer it's wise to get a colonoscopy. If there is nothing showing there then the gastro will probably call it IBS. You will have peace of mind tho because you don't die from IBS but can die from colon cancer unless it's caught early and cut out.

Old 11-11-2022, 08:53 PM

8,227 posts, read 3,419,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medical Lab Guy View Post
You repeadily keep on introducing the vaccine not me. The original post had nothing to do with the vaccine. Don't mention anything about the vaccine to the doctor and you won't have to argue with the doctor. If you state your belief to the doctor that you think the vaccine caused it most doctors would probably not follow up on that at the moment as sounding premature or simply say we wiil see what is going on. They might suggest a coloscopy and that is where you again refuse to have one. There still no in depth discussion of the vaccine.

There is dogma def: a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true"

That dogma is called the standard of care. If the doctor does not adhere to that dogma then he can lose his license. A person like can not walk in and state a self diagnose and expect a doctor to accept it without further work including an invasive colonoscpy if they feel necessary.
I have said repeatedly in this thread that I am not here to argue about the vaccines. If something started immediately after the vaccine and I never had it before then chances are the vaccine caused it. If this happened with 2 vaccines, not just one, there is even more chance the vaccine caused it.

I am not going to argue with you about this. This is not the vaccine debate forum. I don't know why you feel a need to argue about it, but you will have to argue about it with someone else.

Old 11-11-2022, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletwinkle22 View Post
The reason to go to a doctor is that they do tests to determine the cause of symptoms. Then they have something to go on to recommend treatment.

I have a gastro issue similar to yours, came out of nowhere and stayed so far for 25 years. Colonoscopy told the gastro MD what was there but there is no real cure for most gastro problems. I take anti-inflammatories daily and they help a lot. Diet modification also helped calm things down, that took a long time to work.

Just in case you have colon cancer it's wise to get a colonoscopy. If there is nothing showing there then the gastro will probably call it IBS. You will have peace of mind tho because you don't die from IBS but can die from colon cancer unless it's caught early and cut out.
So the only reason for going to a doctor about this, according to you, is to get a colonoscopy to find out if it's colon cancer. The much more likely diagnosis is IBS, which can't be cured. And a doctor can't find the cause.

I said before that anyone can give the advice to see a doctor, about any post on a health forum. It goes without saying, and anyone can think of that for themselves. So it does not need to be said here, over and over.

Old 11-11-2022, 09:05 PM

Colonoscopies have been prescribed for decades now, on the assumption they save lives. A recent study spent 10 years investigating this assumption. It turned out that, in that study, no lives were saved by colonoscopies. The incidence of colon cancer was decreased by a very tiny amount, but that did not translate into saving any lives.

Sometimes ideas catch on for no good reason, and they tend to hang on. I am not going to talk about colonoscopies in this thread.

And advice to see a doctor is not needed. People will see a doctor if they feel the need. They do not post in a health forum to find out if they should see a doctor. They are trying to get varied opinions and further educate themselves into what the problem might be.

See one doctor and you get one person's opinion. You could get the a better result by reading one of the official medical websites (which of course I always do).

Seeing a doctor is a way to get access to diagnostic tests if you feel you need them. And to get access to prescription drugs, or surgery, if you need those.

We no longer need to see a medical doctor to find out the standard mainstream advice on any health problem. Because one doctor is one person, who may or may not have knowledge and experience related to your problem.

Old 11-11-2022, 09:11 PM

1,147 posts, read 861,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
I have said repeatedly in this thread that I am not here to argue about the vaccines. If something started immediately after the vaccine and I never had it before then chances are the vaccine caused it. If this happened with 2 vaccines, not just one, there is even more chance the vaccine caused it.

I am not going to argue with you about this. This is not the vaccine debate forum. I don't know why you feel a need to argue about it, but you will have to argue about it with someone else.
You are still missing the whole point. A doctor will do a diagnostic workup for symptoms. You have symptoms and the doctor will determine a diagnosis.

One does not walk into a doctors office and say they have leukemia because of a vaccine. One first needs to be diagnosed with leukemia first. Saying the vaccine caused it is premature and is not involved in the diagnostic workup. One can not prove leukemia without doing a bone marrow biopsy and so since you don't believe in invasive procedures then one can not prove you have leukemia much less it was leukemia caused by the vaccine.

It is worthless information and premature to tell the doctor you think you have a vaccine acquired adverse event or condition in the beginning because the diagnostic workup is no different. It does not add anything. He is not going to look for vaccine remnants in your intestines. He is not going to do special tests tracking for the vaccine to see where it went. He is a clinician and will do the tests he needs to make a diagnosis. After he makes a diagnosis then you and he can talk about it report it to the reporting agency and that is it. The doctor can not prove that the vaccine caused it. That isn't his job. All he can do is report the event and he can't even do that because you refuse to have a colonoscopy.

If you didn't and don't even need to mention the vaccine. If you had only mentioned that you were refusing the colonoscopy I would have posted the same thing.

Old 11-11-2022, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medical Lab Guy View Post
You are still missing the whole point. A doctor will do a diagnostic workup for symptoms. You have symptoms and the doctor will determine a diagnosis.

One does not walk into a doctors office and say they have leukemia because of a vaccine. One first needs to be diagnosed with leukemia first. Saying the vaccine caused it is premature and is not involved in the diagnostic workup. One can not prove leukemia without doing a bone marrow biopsy and so since you don't believe in invasive procedures then one can not prove you have leukemia much less it was leukemia caused by the vaccine.

It is worthless information and premature to tell the doctor you think you have a vaccine acquired adverse event or condition in the beginning because the diagnostic workup is no different. It does not add anything. He is not going to look for vaccine remnants in your intestines. He is not going to do special tests tracking for the vaccine to see where it went. He is a clinician and will do the tests he needs to make a diagnosis. After he makes a diagnosis then you and he can talk about it report it to the reporting agency and that is it. The doctor can not prove that the vaccine caused it. That isn't his job. All he can do is report the event and he can't even do that because you refuse to have a colonoscopy.

If you didn't and don't even need to mention the vaccine. If you had only mentioned that you were refusing the colonoscopy I would have posted the same thing.
There will be no more discussion from me here about vaccines.

Old 11-11-2022, 09:20 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Mikala, I tried to quote you but the post disappeared. Do you think peppermint and ginger would help IBS? I really don't know much about it.
Everyone's IBS is different.

I used to drink a fair amount of peppermint tea. Now, however, I get immediate belly cramps and am soon running to the bathroom, not to pee.

After a while, you just learn to shrug and roll with it!

Old 11-11-2022, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Everyone's IBS is different.

I used to drink a fair amount of peppermint tea. Now, however, I get immediate belly cramps and am soon running to the bathroom, not to pee.

After a while, you just learn to shrug and roll with it!
I guess we just have to pay attention to what goes into our stomach and how we feel. I used to not worry about it.

If the effects are delayed that can be a real problem though. Because then it would be so hard to figure out what caused what.

I figured herbal tea was safe, but maybe not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness