Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2022, 07:43 AM

5,714 posts, read 4,291,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
If you want to debate, go to the controversies forum.

No, really. The internet is the best place to self-diagnose autoimmune ailments caused by vaccines. Its not controversial at all, if you find the right people.

Old 11-12-2022, 07:45 AM

8,226 posts, read 3,423,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
No, really. The internet is the best place to self-diagnose autoimmune ailments caused by vaccines. Its not controversial at all, if you find the right people.
Maybe the health forum should have one automatic answer to all questions -- see a doctor. No need to share experiences or opinions. See one doctor, that will answer everything you need to know. Because, after all, they are gods not mere humans. They had a whole 4 years of medical school.

Old 11-12-2022, 08:36 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Colonoscopies have been prescribed for decades now, on the assumption they save lives. A recent study spent 10 years investigating this assumption. It turned out that, in that study, no lives were saved by colonoscopies. The incidence of colon cancer was decreased by a very tiny amount, but that did not translate into saving any lives.
The problem with that study is that less than half of the people who were supposed to have colonoscopy actually did it.

Of those who did have colonoscopy, there was a 31% decrease in colorectal cancer and a 50% decline in mortality.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshuac...h=7ec1818e30d6

The difficulty with your approach to your problem is that you are making a diagnosis and trying to find a reason to justify it rather than having someone with expertise go through a careful differential diagnosis. That just delays getting a diagnosis and relief from symptoms.

Old 11-12-2022, 08:44 AM

1,305 posts, read 856,368 times
Quote:
If you can't have any fresh fruit or veggies, how do you get enough vitamins and minerals? Supplement pills?

I LOVE good healthy food, would hate to give that up. But I really want to minimize the misery.
It really is tough! I used to have a cast iron stomach...could eat anything and everything with no problems. Sadly, as I hit my mid-60's, I started having issues similar to your's and now have to be very careful about what I eat. Anything spicy, fatty or too much (or sometimes any) fruits/vegetables/whole grains/nuts...in other words all the healthy stuff you are supposed to eat and which I could eat in abundance for years really has to go or be reduced. I find if I stick mostly to the FODMAP diet, I will feel much better. Also, wine (which I love) and probably any alcohol has to be strictly limited. sigh. Not sure how old you are, but might be age, rather than the dreaded V word that caused your issues. I started in on this way before Covid was even dreamt of. The only advice I got from the doctors was to eat small/frequent meals. I found out about the FODMAP diet from my own research. Wondering about the anti-inflammatories another poster mentioned. Is that like a daily aspirin? Anyway, you might try the FODMAP plan and see if that helps. Wishing you (and all of us!) luck.

Old 11-12-2022, 08:46 AM

9,866 posts, read 7,740,106 times
I eat very healthy too but there are some foods that I avoid because they cause issues. Twice I've been tested for food sensitivities and corn/corn syrup/corn oil is always number one. I haven't had a soda in over 35 years.

Fiber - if you take supplements or eat too many fresh vegetables, that can cause problems. Just recently I've started having problems eating broccoli, which I love. Doesn't matter if it's raw or cooked, so now it's off my list.

I can eat swiss and cheddar cheese, but can't drink milk. Milk and ice cream affects our whole family negatively. Also avoid any breads and most grains.

Some of the items you mention don't give me any problems at all - coffee, hot peppers and salsa.

Also, you can get bloodwork done at labs without a prescription and just check to make sure everything is within normal ranges.

Old 11-12-2022, 08:56 AM

61,734 posts, read 87,172,581 times
Quote:
Maybe the health forum should have one automatic answer to all questions -- see a doctor. No need to share experiences or opinions. See one doctor, that will answer everything you need to know. Because, after all, they are gods not mere humans. They had a whole 4 years of medical school.
Totally not true:
Doctors must complete a 4 year undergraduate program, along with 4 years in medical school and 3-7 years in a residency program to learn the specialty they chose to pursue. In other words, it takes between 10 to 14 years to become a fully licensed doctor.

How much education random Internet forum "advisers" have?

Old 11-12-2022, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The problem with that study is that less than half of the people who were supposed to have colonoscopy actually did it.

Of those who did have colonoscopy, there was a 31% decrease in colorectal cancer and a 50% decline in mortality.

The difficulty with your approach to your problem is that you are making a diagnosis and trying to find a reason to justify it rather than having someone with expertise go through a careful differential diagnosis. That just delays getting a diagnosis and relief from symptoms.
There was NO effect on all-cause mortality!

And the reduction in colon cancer incidence was TINY! They reported relative risk reduction instead of absolute risk reduction, which is misleading! Incidence was tiny, so a 30% decrease is probably clinically not significant.

But ALL CAUSE mortality is what we care about!!!!

Old 11-12-2022, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

If you read the replies on this thread, you would know that there is no cure for IBS. Relief from symptoms means steroids. NO THANK YOU!!!!

Old 11-12-2022, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn hunter View Post
It really is tough! I used to have a cast iron stomach...could eat anything and everything with no problems. Sadly, as I hit my mid-60's, I started having issues similar to your's and now have to be very careful about what I eat. Anything spicy, fatty or too much (or sometimes any) fruits/vegetables/whole grains/nuts...in other words all the healthy stuff you are supposed to eat and which I could eat in abundance for years really has to go or be reduced. I find if I stick mostly to the FODMAP diet, I will feel much better. Also, wine (which I love) and probably any alcohol has to be strictly limited. sigh. Not sure how old you are, but might be age, rather than the dreaded V word that caused your issues. I started in on this way before Covid was even dreamt of. The only advice I got from the doctors was to eat small/frequent meals. I found out about the FODMAP diet from my own research. Wondering about the anti-inflammatories another poster mentioned. Is that like a daily aspirin? Anyway, you might try the FODMAP plan and see if that helps. Wishing you (and all of us!) luck.
Age could be part of it, since I am 70 (never thought I would ever be this old!) But I never had IBS before the vaxes, and had one gastro problem after another IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING.

I do NOT agree with your doctors' advice to eat small frequent meals. It is typical advice, but now if we are health conscious we do intermittent fasting. I have done IF for about 40 years, and it kept my metabolism healthy.

By anti-inflammatories, they usually mean some kind of steroids. Stay away from those! They relieve symptoms so doctors love to give them. They destroy your health in many ways.

Old 11-12-2022, 09:03 AM

61,734 posts, read 87,172,581 times
OP asked and got plenty advice. This thread is now mostly off topic, and she is bringing vaccine pseudoscience into it.
Closed for Mod review.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness