Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2022, 06:40 AM

8,227 posts, read 3,421,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Don't assume you have IBS. You could have something else as listed on my post.
But if you, in fact, have IBS syndrome for several months already, you should see a doctor. It sounds serious.
Please read this:
https://www.healthline.com/health/ib...ntreated-ibs-c
According to your description it might be IBS-D
There are medications that could easy your symptoms
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...t/drc-20360064
Your link is about constipation, which I do not have.

And I know people who had IBS all their lives. One was given prednisone, which caused other horrible health problems. The other was told to take metamusil, which he said cured it. I tried that, but maybe not enough.

Seeing a doctor is always everyone's option. But it should be after you have educated yourself and tried simple remedies. I am not in pain or dying, so seeing a doctor can wait.

Old 11-11-2022, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
I think it is typically 2-4 weeks I have a friend who has to do elimination regularly for flare ups of gastrointestinal issues. I think part of the benefit of an elimination is that it also helps your system heal from whatever damage was done- be it a disruption of the gut biome or gastritis. It can really depend on what the problem is. I had severe reflux several years ago and it took several months for things to really calm down.
I would like to find an example of a typical elimination diet. I will try that after I get back in December.

Old 11-11-2022, 06:58 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
This is what an allergy doctor did for me: for 48 hours only eat white rice and meat.

Ha, did not even say organic or grass fed back then...1996.
No salt, pepper, herbs, teas...mainly to eliminate molds?
Water only, meat and white rice. Morn, noon and night.

Any little arthritis and a need to 'crack my knuckles' went away...weird.
All dizziness, lethargy, brain fog - gone...my bowels were fine, btw.
Then, she simply added things one by one. Bingo!
I have an iron gut now ...and no seasonal allergies.

PS non-org white or brown rice is grown with probably the most synthetic fertilizers, pesticides and fungicides on the planet.
Glyphosate is not banned in many countries...not even in the US.
If you only buy TWO organic things in your life ...buy org rice and coffee.
(Celery and green leafies catch all the chem sprays and cup it, so those too.)

So is the food causing IBS or all the other stuff?

Old 11-11-2022, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
This is what an allergy doctor did for me: for 48 hours only eat white rice and meat.

Ha, did not even say organic or grass fed back then...1996.
No salt, pepper, herbs, teas...mainly to eliminate molds?
Water only, meat and white rice. Morn, noon and night.

Any little arthritis and a need to 'crack my knuckles' went away...weird.
All dizziness, lethargy, brain fog - gone...my bowels were fine, btw.
Then, she simply added things one by one. Bingo!
I have an iron gut now ...and no seasonal allergies.

PS non-org white or brown rice is grown with probably the most synthetic fertilizers, pesticides and fungicides on the planet.
Glyphosate is not banned in many countries...not even in the US.
If you only buy TWO organic things in your life ...buy org rice and coffee.
(Celery and green leafies catch all the chem sprays and cup it, so those too.)

So is the food causing IBS or all the other stuff?
I never had anything like IBS in my entire life, and I am old. This started suddenly, after covid vaccines. So I guess it must be autoimmune. It might actually be hopeless, if anything and everything can trigger it.

I knew someone who had autoimmune IBS her entire life, but it was mostly constipation. Doctors gave her various harmful drugs but nothing really helped.

I know that medical doctors are not much use with autoimmune diseases. That is why I am not rushing off to see one. They are also mostly very closed minded about covid vaccine side effects.

I want to do as much as I can, on my own, to try to narrow down triggers. I don't think it's a food allergy. I think it's autoimmune, involving the nerves, but some things might trigger it more than others.

I also know another person who got this right after the vaccines. She said avoiding gluten helped a little.

Old 11-11-2022, 11:41 AM

1,529 posts, read 2,264,317 times
IBS is NOT an autoimmune disease and there is no test to confirm that diagnosis. Tests are performed to rule out OTHER problems and turns into a process of elimination. It's estimated that 15% of the population has a form of IBS so it's not uncommon to develop. There could many, many other things wrong with you. I would start with doing a LOW FODMAP diet and see if that improves your symptoms. That can be anywhere between 3-8 weeks (depends on how you respond) for Phase I. Phase II reintroduces a food, and if no reaction in 3 days, do another, etc, etc

Old 11-11-2022, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middlin View Post
IBS is NOT an autoimmune disease and there is no test to confirm that diagnosis. Tests are performed to rule out OTHER problems and turns into a process of elimination. It's estimated that 15% of the population has a form of IBS so it's not uncommon to develop. There could many, many other things wrong with you. I would start with doing a LOW FODMAP diet and see if that improves your symptoms. That can be anywhere between 3-8 weeks (depends on how you respond) for Phase I. Phase II reintroduces a food, and if no reaction in 3 days, do another, etc, etc
I thought IBS was related to inflammation of nerves in the large intestine, which can be autoimmune.

Old 11-11-2022, 12:01 PM

The exact cause is not known but it is not considered an autoimmune disease.

Old 11-11-2022, 12:07 PM

Quote:
The exact cause is not known but it is not considered an autoimmune disease.
Exact cause not known. That is medical speak for "We have no idea."

In my case I know it was covid vaccines. Never had it before, had it ever since. Not debating that here on this forum, but it's obvious.

I know people who had IBS all their lives, and I know one person who, like me, only got it after the vaccines. So that makes me think it could be either autoimmune or neurological.

I also had severe vertigo following a moderna shot, and it lasted for months. But it is gone now. I am hoping the IBS could go away also. But no idea.

There is not likely to be a medical doctor who could answer these questions, or who would be willing to consider vaccine side effects. And even if they agreed it's from vaccines, there is nothing they can do about it. They like to give steroids for IBS, and that's good if you want your health to be completely ruined.

And by the way, since they give steroids for IBS, that makes me think it can be autoimmune. Steroids are the treatment for autoimmune diseases (yes they have some newer toxic immune suppressing drugs).

Old 11-11-2022, 12:21 PM

Ok, you know everything... not sure why you posted

Old 11-11-2022, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Ok, you know everything... not sure why you posted
No I don't know everything. I know some things. I don't have to pretend I think everything everyone posts in this thread is correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness