Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2023, 01:30 PM

653 posts, read 782,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
I used to never have aches or pains when I slept. Now at 41 when everything is exactly the same I get neck and body aches. But after I wake up I don't have these pains. I am now all off the sudden very sensitive to the mattress I sleep on. Is this just the result of older age?
Believe it or not, it's your diet. Carbs and Sugars cause inflammation in our bodies and this results in pain.

I am 43 years old and suffered from the same aches and pains that you mention. I also suffered from Gout.

I recently started the Carnivore Diet and guess what... The aches and pains are completely gone. Of course, this means I've given up Carbs and Sugars, but I feel amazing, and I've lost 43 pounds in 11 weeks. When I started I weighed 313 pounds, and now I'm down to 270. I allow myself to cheat a little each week, but mostly sticking to eating Meat and animal-based products. The diet has me losing all this excess weight rapidly and has great health benefits as well. Once I reach my goal weight of 225 I'll increase my caloric intake and try to maintain.

Here's a study conducted by Harvard University on 2,000 people and the impact of the Carnivore diet. You may find it useful.

https://www.doctorkiltz.com/the-harv...re-diet-study/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2023, 01:34 PM

653 posts, read 782,384 times
Since I've started the Carnivore diet, I have not had not even one Gout flare up, and I'm eating mostly red meat. I eat 16 oz steaks everyday and the Gout is gone! That alone has me winning! Gout is painful as hell, and I lived with it for so long, but it is inflammation. I'm convinced that getting rid of carbs and sugars got rid of my Gout. It was never the red meat like my Doctor always told me.

Carnivore diet is not for everyone. But for me personally, it's been a great experience and I view it as a lifestyle I can keep up with, not a diet.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Old 12-06-2023, 06:43 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,306,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
I used to never have aches or pains when I slept. Now at 41 when everything is exactly the same I get neck and body aches. But after I wake up I don't have these pains. I am now all off the sudden very sensitive to the mattress I sleep on. Is this just the result of older age?
Some cholesterol reducing meds (and related supplements) can cause body aches.

A broken vertebra can ache in such a way to make someone think it's a bad mattress and nothing more.

Old 12-06-2023, 06:57 PM

6,861 posts, read 4,856,991 times
The oldest one may be worn out. You could try flipping it or adding a memory foam topper. Also, They may say they are the same make and model, but they were manufactured ten years apart. There could have been changes made by the manufacturer.

Old 12-07-2023, 01:47 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,401,655 times
I switched to a Sleep Number bed and stopped using two pillows under my head. Most of my back and neck pain resolved within a month. Sometimes my very thin pillow isn't comfortable. I wish it was maybe an inch thicker and just a tiny bit firmer. But if I wake up uncomfortable in the middle of the night I just flip the pillow so my head is on the part that hadn't just been slept on, and it's fluffy and firm enough for the rest of the night.

One of the BEST things about the Sleep Number, is you don't have to ever turn it over, or replace it after 10 years or whenever. If it starts sagging, just deflate it by "10" and re-inflate it back up to your number, and you're good to go again. Takes less than 30 seconds to re-adjust the air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness