Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2008, 07:38 AM

268 posts, read 1,108,587 times

Advertisements

This is primarily a question for women.

I can say I am irritable 75% of my life (20 out of 30 days/month) and I can't stand it.
I do recognize it, but I cannot control it.

How many of you women out there are going through the same thing?

Have you tried anything to help it? and does it help?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 07:53 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,643,353 times
Yes, been there and have done something about it. This worked for me personally but it may not for everyone. I began researching the foods I was eating and tried the following: I had a colon flush which was a good experience and not creepy like you think it would be. I had it at an all natural type spa. Up until that point, I had been reading about and doing juice fasts. After the colon cleansing, I continued with the juicing and ate better at dinner time, had something light but healthy. I not only lost weight but I felt wonderful not moody anymore and have continued to do that.

Just to make sure it wasn't me being crazy - I stopped juicing for two weeks, ate regular food, breakfast, lunch dinner, etc.. and I felt sluggish, moody, my skin broke out a little, lots of things I noticed happening and I know it's because I stopped the juicing.

You would be shocked at what processed foods can do to your system. Now, having said that, you may also have something going on with your hormones. Not knowing your medical history - my first bit of advice would be to see your doctor and find out if everything inside is okay. If so, then I would try the diet change.

By the way I'm almost 40 and had a partial hysterectomy about 10 years ago but still was suffering with the moodiness hence me calling it my fake period LOL

Good luck - you will find a way to combat this.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:32 AM

1,378 posts, read 6,211,362 times
To the above advice I would also add taking whole food supplements. It's my belief that most people are mal-nourished; we just don't get the nutrients from our food anymore, due to over-farmed land and processed food. Don't just take any multi-vitamin, make sure it's a "whole food" supplement (cold pressed); it will absorb in your system better than synthetic vitamins. Also take a good Super B Complex supplement, that can help with moodiness. If you decide to try what we suggest, let us know how it goes- hope this helps.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:19 AM

1,747 posts, read 3,012,154 times
Could it be anxiety? Depression? Perhaps there is something gnawing at you that you're not fully aware of. In addition to speaking with your doctor, as Andrea suggested, perhaps you can speak with a therapist? If you don't have access to one, perhaps just spend some time thinking about what might be bothering you or doing research on depression and anxiety.

I'm not saying there definitely IS something bothering you. I'm just suggesting something else to consider, along with the suggestions regarding looking for a physical cause for your moods.

Old 06-16-2008, 03:06 PM

4,189 posts, read 3,481,424 times
Not that this matters but I have a girlfriend who is like this. She is very irritable all the time. She is young 26. I think its because she diets, but she takes it to the extreme. She REALLY over analyzes what she eats and literally deprives herself. She is very snappy even around me and she is almost ALWAYS like this. I would get full bloodwork done and take a look at what you are eating. She is not starving herself but just limits herself and I really think she could use more calories. Also I don't know if you are a meat eater but my mother thinks that alot of meat can cause irritability.

Old 06-16-2008, 03:08 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,632 times
MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!!! Sorry, just feeling a bit irritable!!
Seriously, I don't get irritable very often. Used to get bad with PMT sometimes, but I switched to Soya milk and products and ate more carefully and the PMT and irritability went. My husband though is an irritable so and so - who knows why. Not easy to live with a rag bag.

Old 06-18-2008, 02:58 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Yes, been there and have done something about it. This worked for me personally but it may not for everyone. I began researching the foods I was eating and tried the following: I had a colon flush which was a good experience and not creepy like you think it would be. I had it at an all natural type spa. Up until that point, I had been reading about and doing juice fasts. After the colon cleansing, I continued with the juicing and ate better at dinner time, had something light but healthy. I not only lost weight but I felt wonderful not moody anymore and have continued to do that.

Just to make sure it wasn't me being crazy - I stopped juicing for two weeks, ate regular food, breakfast, lunch dinner, etc.. and I felt sluggish, moody, my skin broke out a little, lots of things I noticed happening and I know it's because I stopped the juicing.

I also notice my mood changes drastically when i don't do my juicing and green smoothies. Nothing wakes me up better than a nice fresh green smoothie. There are times I am away from home and can't have my normal things, and I turn into a slug almost, and am very moody and irritable.
So food does indeed have a profound effect on one's moods.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:09 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,619,551 times
Pinkstring....do you make your own smoothies or do you buy rhe ''Green Drink'' formulas that i see at Whole Foods...

Old 06-18-2008, 05:53 AM

2,579 posts, read 2,451,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post

You would be shocked at what processed foods can do to your system. Now, having said that, you may also have something going on with your hormones. Not knowing your medical history - my first bit of advice would be to see your doctor and find out if everything inside is okay. If so, then I would try the diet change.

By the way I'm almost 40 and had a partial hysterectomy about 10 years ago but still was suffering with the moodiness hence me calling it my fake period LOL

Good luck - you will find a way to combat this.

I find what you mention about juicing very interesting. I also get irritable quite often but I wonder if having a pre teenager daughted had part of the blame.
Anyway, here in Europe I have never heard of this juicing, could you give me a brief introductio, please? I will also do some search in the internet.
Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness