Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 12:27 PM

13,927 posts, read 39,302,018 times

Advertisements

Ocean air...thats why I am heading to JAX FL!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 12:32 PM

2 posts, read 5,718 times
Default sorry

i advise you stay indoor

Old 07-15-2008, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorsman View Post
i advise you stay indoor
Me?????

Old 07-15-2008, 01:33 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeg26 View Post
I live in Illinois. My daughter has asthma. On the really hot/humid days it is best for my daughter to stay inside in the A/C. That heavy air is hard for her to breathe and causes asthma issues. I know a lot of this is because of what is in that humid air - pollutiants. The "Ozone Warning" days are the worst for her. The air quality is too poor for her.
We have ozone problems here in the Phx area as well.

Note to Katie1: Kingman or Globe Az are only about 3,300' above sea level--------I breathe fine in those areas. Here it is about 1,000'

Old 07-15-2008, 01:48 PM

Martinsburg WV ..where I am at is about 300 ft. But Augusta WV where I also have lived is 1600 ft I cant breath!!!!

Old 04-21-2015, 02:10 PM

26 posts, read 31,010 times
I have the same problem and live in Northern WI where the extreem cold weather for much of the year prevents me from going outdoors. DR says COPD and gave me inhalers. I quit smoking 1.5 years ago and have only used the inhaler 2 times since and that is when it was 100 degrees outside one unusually hot day here.

What I did was turned on the AC and then got the de humidifier going and wow new person! I am wondering if this would work also in Florida which is the only reason we would not move there.

Old 04-23-2015, 03:56 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
For the record; I live here in Arizona and have been giving idle speculation to moving to Charleston, W Va.

Long story short: it rained like the dickens here in the Phx area and when I went outside to walk the dog; I had slight breathing difficulties (80F 85% humidity).

Note that I do not smoke but I am overweight (but not obese) plus I am reasonably active as in walking 1-2 miles a day.

Just that I had quite a bit of trouble breathing through my nose, started breathing by mouth and my chest started tightening a tad.

My blood pressure is high but am on meds to control it.

Somehow; I may be making a big mistake in living in humid country.
Everyone is different. We live in AR, with high humidity and it doesn't bother me much, but when we lived in NM the altitude gave me all kinds of problems. We were there 7 years, I always had trouble breathing and a lot of people were on oxygen. The doctor did tell me, there was no reason after so many years I was having trouble, but he added, some people never adjust to the altitude. I am sure the heavy air does play some on breathing, whether it is enough to keep you from moving I don't know if there is an answer to your quesion.

Now that 2 of us have responded do you realize how old this thread is? Can we say 7 years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness