Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2009, 11:00 AM

2,283 posts, read 3,937,966 times

Advertisements

Hi. Several weeks ago, I must have done at least 50 squats prior to running. It was the first time I've done squats in years. As a result, my left knee is now in constant pain. The pain is located on the inside part of my left knee, going down to the boney area just below the patella.

Without ibuprofen, I can't walk normally and experience severe pain. My knee also feels stiff. Last year, I rehabbed my left knee, because the patella was off center. My doctor's appt isn't until April 1. So does anyone have any advice as to what I should be doing until then?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 12:00 PM

1,312 posts, read 4,776,265 times
I have pain on the inside of my knee, similar to what you describe. Mine was the result of torn cartilage. I used to put Icy Hot on it to help with the pain, and had some exercises I used to do that didn't help much. This website has some info: Meniscus Tear and Torn Knee Cartilage

Old 03-09-2009, 12:58 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,865,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
Hi. Several weeks ago, I must have done at least 50 squats prior to running. It was the first time I've done squats in years. As a result, my left knee is now in constant pain. The pain is located on the inside part of my left knee, going down to the boney area just below the patella.

Without ibuprofen, I can't walk normally and experience severe pain. My knee also feels stiff. Last year, I rehabbed my left knee, because the patella was off center. My doctor's appt isn't until April 1. So does anyone have any advice as to what I should be doing until then?

Thanks!
If you're saying that you feel the knee cap flexing up and down, you might find a little bit of relief if you use this:Walmart.com: Mueller Jumper's Knee Strap: Team Sports to stabilize the knee while you're waiting for PT to be set-up.

Also, i found these insoles:Superfeet Premium Insoles : Get the answers to the most commonly asked questions about Superfeet Premium Insoles helped to mitigate the pain shock when walking.
Lastly, this gel:Traumeel Gel also gave me some relief.

The Superfeet insoles and the Traumeel Gel are pricey, but i feel that they were worth the $$$$$. Good luck and hope you feel better.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:48 PM

5 posts, read 22,342 times
Smile pain relief....just saw your message regarding knee pain, hope you haven't gone in for any surgery as yet. \

Quote:

Thanks!
Hi, hope you haven't gone the surgery route yet....I have severe arthritis in my knee and was walkiing with a cane until I found out about cold laser treatments. I am sleeping through the night and am able to walk with that cane. I am almost 100% pain free.. if you want more information about this let me know. I am not going to have knee replacement or any other kind of surgery and this has been working for me.
good luck

Old 06-01-2009, 08:09 PM

5,013 posts, read 10,696,212 times
Quote:

Thanks!
Sounds like a torn meniscus. It will take a while to heal, especially if you have had issues with the area in the past. I tore mine once while playing tennis, and it took a good three weeks to heal. I couldn't bend my knee and walked limpy and stiff-legged for weeks.
Ice and ibuprofen are good for swelling; of course, stay off of it/don't use it as much as possible.
Since then, I have had very slight recurring issues with that knee (left.) Right now, it has a strange crick in it that I feel and hear when I go up stairs, but no pain.
I have known a lot of people who have had knee surgery and I consider it a last resort (if I would consider it at all) as I have never known someone who has had a successful knee surgery. In fact, it seems to cause more problems than it solves.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:35 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Absorbine Jr. spearmint scented liniment for horses.

No kidding. I went into a farm supply store looking for DMSO (also works for pain), and he told me lots of people come in for the Absorbine Jr. I shrugged, and bought some since I'd been dealing with the knee pain for long enough. It works. I also had occasion to try it on shoulder bursitis recently, and it helped that as well.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:01 AM

5 posts, read 22,342 times
I had used the DMSO in the past but it irritated my skin. I use Bio-freeze on occasiion, my shoulder or back. Just heard about another gel or ointment for pain and inflamation, it's called Traumeel..you can find in on the web, or ask for it at a health store. The company selling it is HEEL..

I am still not using a cane since finding and having the COLD LASER treatments.. my knee is almost pain free.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:02 AM

1 posts, read 8,555 times
Default Cold laser therapy

So who does one go to, to receive this treatment. I am trying to locate a doctor or clinic that does this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness